Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 339 without MM

Hi All
    Trust some of you guys already heard the 339 will be without the Marina Militare words.
    Mist likely they could not get the permission from the Navy for using the words.
    Lets hear your views on this.
    1) Should buy or else
    2) Should Panerai reduce price since MM is not there

its still a beautiful watch with or without the MM.

i was 1st very enamored by the watch but after a while, my true love still lay with the fiddy.

Comment

It's still a very lovely watch so it will continue to stay as my next target
      I want a 116505!

Comment

just to add on... the thing that attracted me to watch was the simplicity - no date, all numerals. i also liked the symmetry of the seconds subdial and the 8 giorni label. anything with the 8 giorni label gets me going

Comment

Hi Luke,

It is pretty common for Panerai to change anything on the watch for the past years, for whatever reasons,....until you see the final release in the metal.. eg.. the not so distant 292 with 'pig' and without 'pig'.

Ask yourself a question, let's say, if the initial design is WITHOUT the MM, what's your take on the 339 ?
          If the MM is important, just move on with another watch....buy only if you like the watch.
          The MM is significant to me and will be a plus plus if it is on a pam..
          I personally like only the new composite material used this time, only thing which I am 'disturbed' is the weight, which is lighter..

As rumours earlier predictions on the release is in Nov, if they have taken out from their official site, it may mean that it is probably delayed for release or in the midst of changing the pictures and descriptions.

Or they may release partial with MM and the rest without MM...depending on the production... just my 2 cents..

HAGWE,,,

Comment

still a keeper with the inscription of 8 giorni on the dial.

Comment

well said, my same thoughts too. This is just being Panerai. But where is the coporate responsibility.... We are talking about a famous brand name, does it happen with other watch compaines.. They should have done their homework at the first place-IMO

Comment

With or without the Marina Militare appellation on the 339, I don't think it will change the chances of me getting my hand on one out of 1500 pieces available by much....

And talking about corporate responsibility, OP 1st responsibility is to their parent company, Richemont, and Richemont in turn to their shareholders... As consumers, either you take it or leave it...

And there's always bound to be changes till the final release of any particular product... Fwiw, I can comfort myself that OP will not be able to take out the MM out fm my SE catalog...

Comment

Originally posted by garygraphy View Post
                  my true love still lay with the fiddy.
                  +1. Love to have a 127

Comment

Yeah man, still in the catalog. Thats a good one.

Comment

Gadget Guy and Gary

+2
                      But how about 217?

Comment

With or without MM, I still find the watch a nice piece, just that I also find the price (retail and flipped) too high for such a watch. If this is sold between S$12 to $15k, I will be tempted.

For me, MM should be kept to a minimal use. The 339 already has the 8 giorni.

Pam 36 is still my MM.

Comment

Originally posted by LUKE View Post
                          Gadget Guy and Gary

+2
                          But how about 217?
                          Don't mind either 127 or 217. 127's closer to Panerai history thus priced much higher in 2nd hand market, which is priced closer to PAM 36 (KK's MM)

Comment

it's out and with the MM on the dial!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...re+at+one+time...

Comment

came across 1st 339 flipping

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...%21+%28ajzg%29

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X