Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible for the Pam word to be misaligned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for the Pam word to be misaligned?

Hi all

A friend of mine bought a Pam 111 recently from a local AD. Is it possible that the Luminor Marina wording is slightly crooked? Not very obvious but if u look hard enough...u can see its not very straight. Other than that, I pretty sure its not a fake?

Pls share your views. Thanks.
    Limited resources. Unlimited wants.

If it's really misaligned, bring it back to Richemont to replace the dial. But seriously, this is the first time I heard of this issue.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

I mean its slightly tilted to the left a bit...im also puzzled that a Panerai can have such issues...u think Richmont will replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by jparker View Post
        Hi all
        A friend of mine bought a Pam 111 recently from a local AD. Is it possible that the Luminor Marina wording is slightly crooked? Not very obvious but if u look hard enough...u can see its not very straight. Other than that, I pretty sure its not a fake?
        if it is crooked, no matter how slight, I think you shld take it back to the AD to get it replaced. And the AD should either get you a new piece or have the dial fitted to your satisfaction.
        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

Thanks for the replies. AD meaning Richemont? Or where the watch was bought from? I doubt where the watch was bought at can replace the dial...lets hope this issue is under warranty...

Comment

I'm rather sure Richmont will replace it without doubt but probably need weeks to be done,fyi

Comment

Posted on the wrong thread.... Here it goes...

I have heard of one case where the owner finds his 292J Panerai word alignment a little off centre.

Not sure if he eventually brough back to Richmont or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                If it's really misaligned, bring it back to Richemont to replace the dial. But seriously, this is the first time I heard of this issue.
                Agreed with Seventh Son. A first for me.

Must be the man in the factory not focusing on his job due to stress , lost football bets or dnt get his ... from his wife/lover/ partner previous night. ha ha

Comment

The Italians enjoy their wine over lunch

Imagine - Panerai and Chianti in one hand. Bliss
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

Hi all

Go richmont straight telling them the defect, they will open the watch and check the dial. You get free authentication.

If is genuine dial then you might got a gem, a rare Panerai mistake dial , if is not then get the dial change.
                    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                      if it is crooked, no matter how slight, I think you shld take it back to the AD to get it replaced. And the AD should either get you a new piece or have the dial fitted to your satisfaction.
                      like what bro ender said, go back to that AD and have it sorted out there. For me i would ask for 1 to 1 exchange,i wouldn't wanna my brand new pam to be "operated" for any reason.

Comment

ok I think i will bring it back to Richemont and ask them. So if its genuine Panerai mistake then I should keep the crooked dial?? since its a rare gem?? haha...

Comment

Bring it back to Richemont, put it down in the records that there is this issue as in case next time you want to sell your Pam to another buyer,you can produce the proof without hassle.

Then ask them to suggest a solution for you and record in Black & White.

Try not to open-up a BNIB piece.Keep it virgin the best.

Comment

u mean if they give me a 1-1 exchange? keep it as bnib? but i still wanna wear my pam....dont think will sell it anytime soon...

tried calling them today but i guess they on half day...will probably try again next week...hope this is gonna be a painless process...

Comment

Hi all

There are bound to have a few that might have escaped the careful eyes of the person doing the QC for the watch dial, so its a possibility. In manufacturing, especially higher volumes, random checking would be the norm, thus such escapement is not impossible. But then again Im not sure whats the checking methods employed for watches though. If you relli feel relli uncomfortable with the slight misalignment, just go to richemont and highlight the issue for their rectification.
                              Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X