No announcement yet.

NEW...PAM 366 China SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still prefer the huat version for sgristi.

Comment

I think I am the ONLY ONE who are interested in this one... So the SE should not tell me those Bullsh*t that I got to Q or wait as many ppl wanting it....

I might even ask for a discount...

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
        Realized that the comments so far from this community on the Pam366 have been pretty much acidic...

Here's a thread from the US forum that is a tad more "balanced"

Comment from the TS:

Love it or hate it the Panerai 366 is coming out and soon...and at 1500 being made quite a large SE for Panerai...I have heard and read several comments and one thing that keeps coming out in many posts is the old DNA thing...I honestly think some take this way too deeply and are confusing true DNA to much more modern chemistry from the Pre-V days....
        Don't get me wrong here while I think the 366 is very cool and see it as a very smart business move on Panerai's part I also don't feel any want or need to add one to my collection...but I also think the watch is very well done...and no mater how you look at it Very Panerai
        It's 2010..things are moving differently than they did in 1997 or even in 2005...there is no disrespect to the past in anything about the 366 but rather it is honoring a country and people that have an incredible passion for Panerai...this is not like other companies have done and even if it were sometimes we all take this a little too personally...business is business and when it comes down to it they are just watches...every one has different meaning to every Paneristi out there...but we don't own Richemont and their business is to not only hold the market they have but expand into new markets and grow in an ever shrinking economy and let's face it...when it hits 2020 or 2030 we still want Panerai around so don't be surprised seeing different things like this in the future :-)
        So congrats to China and the Chinese Paneristi...Wear them well and in the best of health!!

And a few responses...

--While I don't have an interest personally in the 366, I like that it's there for those that do. They've come out with plenty of SE's in the past that I have liked and enjoyed. And it's fun to know that you may sign onto the forum any given day and find that another SE has just been introduced out of the blue. (318 and 360 come to mind)Always something new and exciting to lust after.-) It seems to me that Panerai as a company really does have an idea of what their crazy following wants, and does their best to provide it. Sometimes I might wish there were more of a given piece available but I guess that's all part of the mystique that is Panerai.

--DNA is a coput excuse. No one complains about power reserves, GMTs, split second counters, 1/8 second chronos, etc that Panerai has used on its watches or even lefty dial configurations or anything that isnt a base. Even gold, platinum and titanium arent "DNA".

the DNA excuse is convenient cover for people that dont want Panerai to become too expensive and unattainable. The 366 is a great piece for a market that warrants a different kind of respect.

While I like the base as much as anyone else, please take note that 1500 watches for one country shows you how important China is to the success of Panerai

--As usual, Marc, you are the voice of reason. It's extremely rare that any brand will be able to design a watch that will resonate with everyone, and this is obviously targeted at a particular audience. Even within the target audience, you can always expect mixed opinions. So the reaction to the 366 doesn't surprise me at all.

As for thinking that Panerai has abandoned their roots, last time I checked the PAM 360 was announced just a month or so ago, wasn't it? I don't think they've forgotten their roots or their fan base at all. I think this is just their attempt to reach out to a growing market, which is what every good business should strive to do.

Personally, I love the look of the watch, and I'm hoping to be able to procure one. Having said that, I agree it's not for everyone, and I totally respect the fact that there are people out there who strongly dislike the design. But that's the fun part about watch collecting... everyone will just have to agree to disagree sometimes. Life's too short... just buy what makes you happy :-)

And lastly, a member suggested a "full" collection

That's becos they are not Chinese, they dun know the meaning of "Bengz" and "Obiangz". I still cannot understand how can a 福 word appear on a watch!!!??? A Pam somemore!!!
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
          That's becos they are not Chinese, they dun know the meaning of "Bengz" and "Obiangz".
          They do, they do...they call it "Rice" in their world of automobiles

Comment

Also...

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
            That's becos they are not Chinese, they dun know the meaning of "Bengz" and "Obiangz". I still cannot understand how can a 福 word appear on a watch!!!??? A Pam somemore!!!
            TZ post was started by a MOD and Mods keep things "balanced" (blink)
            [IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Sux6ZMI5otI/AAAAAAAABhk/Bv5v76Cu-XI/s144/logo_patek_2-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2mDcl8I/AAAAAAAABg8/E2v2rB9n3hA/s400/RolexBannerSig.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2jLKpdI/AAAAAAAABhA/T-KvkGpuicc/s800/Panerai_company_logo.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/S-Tqlsrv5hI/AAAAAAAAHdg/HQ0ZspcewzY/s144/watch_logo_omega.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ocwatching View Post
              TZ post was started by a MOD and Mods keep things "balanced" (blink)

But the Mod is not Chinese nor of Chiinese heritage.

Comment

DNA, heritage or not.

I think it looks ugly to most people.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Please get in queue. I was first to indicate interest.

Please PM me if you have one to let go

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  I think I am the ONLY ONE who are interested in this one... So the SE should not tell me those Bullsh*t that I got to Q or wait as many ppl wanting it....

I might even ask for a discount...
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

ha ha... I think singapore should be allocated with more than 2??

It is sold in HK and China only or singapore also got sell?

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                    Please get in queue. I was first to indicate interest.

Please PM me if you have one to let go

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      ha ha... I think singapore should be allocated with more than 2??

It is sold in HK and China only or singapore also got sell?

And it will be copied there so good that it will be hard to tell the difference.

Comment

soon richmont will spot a service; whereby they will take the watch apart to be able to give you a firm answer on authenticity.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
                          And it will be copied there so good that it will be hard to tell the difference.
                          If it is popular in HK/China, then sure can find many more than 1500 pcs in Shenzhen....with some so good its hard to tell.

More than 5 years back, when I was travelling in HK/China, there was no tout pushing Pam to me...only rolex and patek etc. Now, Pams and APs are popular models.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                            If it is popular in HK/China, then sure can find many more than 1500 pcs in Shenzhen....with some so good its hard to tell.

More than 5 years back, when I was travelling in HK/China, there was no tout pushing Pam to me...only rolex and patek etc. Now, Pams and APs are popular models.
                            yeah, the davidsen fiddy looks the part

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

After they have perfected it, probably even before, they will be putting any Chinese word or character you want down there instead of the official one that Richemont has deemed to grace the official 366 with.

And dare I say, it may even gain in popularity then.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X