Panerai Price Increase for 2010???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai Price Increase for 2010???

When I was purchasing my 233, my AD told me he heard of price increase for PAMs in Sep 2010. its at least 5%??? Anyone heard the same news???
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

I heard this a zzzzillion times before. Left ear in, right ear out. They just want to make you feel that you're so fortunate to have gotten the watch at such an amazing price or else next month...the increase will kick in and the price will go up by 12.27349%. Old trick liaozzz...
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
      I heard this a zzzzillion times before. Left ear in, right ear out. They just want to make you feel that you're so fortunate to have gotten the watch at such an amazing price or else next month...the increase will kick in and the price will go up by 12.27349%. Old trick liaozzz...
      hahaha I agree but no la, actually my AD is someone related, not exactly relatives, abit complicated ya, so he wont be telling me such rubbish though. Bcos according to him, Panerai didnt have a price increase for sometime liaoz. and also he heard, but not sure also. But I guess normally quite a number of watch brands have price increases annually i guess...but Im taking it with a pinch of salt though...

Comment

proably due to the currency exchange rates increase overthe last few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by FullHouse View Post
          Oic, currency flunctates quite a bit recently....

Comment

Originally posted by FullHouse View Post

But I thought the SGD has gotten stronger, right along with the Euro so why would prices go up? Either way the Euro will slide back down sooner rather than later.

And unless the watch in question was a new grail of some sort like the new 360, why would anyone buy a new watch from an AD and not a slightly used, pre-loved watch at a much cheaper price, these are watches worth thousands of dollars and the excuse of "Oh I want the warranty or I like that new watch smell does not cut it, unless you are buying a car.

Who wants to sleep with a virgin on their wedding night?

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
              But I thought the SGD has gotten stronger, right along with the Euro so why would prices go up? Either way the Euro will slide back down sooner rather than later.

And unless the watch in question was a new grail of some sort like the new 360, why would anyone buy a new watch from an AD and not a slightly used, pre-loved watch at a much cheaper price, these are watches worth thousands of dollars and the excuse of "Oh I want the warranty or I like that new watch smell does not cut it, unless you are buying a car.

LMAO!!! Gotta love the analogies in these Watch sites!!!

Comment

Yeah I do agree, but some of us are not so well heeled as in paying for the watches in full cash, so need to pay via credit card instalments. We are gan jiong to get the watch fast but not enough money so we cheong instalment plans and thus in a higher price. Hope it answers ur queries...

As for me cos I gan jiong wanna get it fast but funds locked down by existing watches, so use credit card buy first then sell the other watches then pay back credit card. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post

Well it is true, I have never figured why people go to an AD unless to look at what is new and what you will be on the look out for in the cheaper secondary market.

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                    hahaha yeah, especially the virgin on the wedding night....locked in on the virgin word

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                      Yeah I do agree, but some of us are not so well heeled as in paying for the watches in full cash, so need to pay via credit card instalments. We are gan jiong to get the watch fast but not enough money so we cheong instalment plans and thus in a higher price. Hope it answers ur queries...

As for me cos I gan jiong wanna get it fast but funds locked down by existing watches, so use credit card buy first then sell the other watches then pay back credit card. hehe

Dude lighten up on the credit cards and focus more towards savings, interest and rental money are just plan dumb to pay.

Comment

Dude lighten up on the credit cards and focus more towards savings, interest and rental money are just plan dumb to pay.
                        Yup, no la for me I don pay the interest cos normally I turn around pretty fast. if just bought what I like, then I have enough savings to buy but this time round things went out of control hahaha

Worse case dip into my emergency funds first hehe

Comment

Increases in prices of luxury watches happen every year. Sometimes twice a year; others two years once. It is common if PAM increases their watch prices. IWC just did few months ago. So whether you believe it or not, it is happening.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Increases in prices of luxury watches happen every year. Sometimes twice a year; others two years once. It is common if PAM increases their watch prices. IWC just did few months ago. So whether you believe it or not, it is happening.

Yup quite true also

Comment

Totally Agree with the senior

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X