Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai Straps

Hi,

For discussion sake, I wonder why there seems to be the majority not using their original pam straps and even buckles. Not nice? Not good enough? Keep to sell later? Imagine you own a pam and instead of wearing the original straps, you have to keep buying many other straps to use on your pam. Anyone here wear your original pam straps since day 1?

Bear in mind that those aftermarket straps ain't cheap at all.
    The Crown Of Achievement

hahaha...becoz if next time wan to flip it will be easier if the original straps and buckles are unused....and the wide choices of aftermarket straps look better than the OEM to me...except for the JV straps from panerai...hehehehe.....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Different strap; different look - that's part of the Pam experience, I think. Of course one could stick strictly to OP straps, but aftermarket strapmakers offer so much variety, e.g. straps made from authentic, weathered ammo pouches. In particular, I don't think OP makes the sort of thick, non-tapered straps that are more common with the aftermarket strapmakers.

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
      Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
      Seiko Titanium Samurai
      Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
      Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
      IWC Ingenieur
      Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
      Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
      Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
      IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

I use the oem straps on my 305 and 312 since day 1. I am not a strap person but the tunnel strap on the 233 puts me off, it looks and feels kind of cheapo. I went out and ordered 2 straps for this baby. Hope it won't start a strap buying madness!
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

I cant afford to buy so many PAMs..the next best option to keep my "wants" in check is to have new straps! Gives me the fresh feel everytime

Plus I find the OEM straps kinda short and I love em to come with long tails!

Comment

if want to use oem, i would buy another oem to wear as don't want to cut the
            tag on the original oem.

also i prefer after market 5mm straps.
            that's why no deployment buckle for me on pam.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

So I guess it's more of the OP straps not being good enough in aesthetical sense. But they are very expensive right? How much are these original straps, if you buy straight from Richemont? Got discount? What about their buckles?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

never bought pam strap at richemont before.

if they sell near overseas price should be 300+ for calf strap
                500 + for alligators at list price.

i ordered a cartier alligator here at 500+, i believe price range be similar.

need pam gurus here to shine a better light.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

I call them tmr to check and let you all knw. Btw, anyone here using the original straps (calf/rubber/alligator)? Want to share experience?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    I call them tmr to check and let you all knw. Btw, anyone here using the original straps (calf/rubber/alligator)? Want to share experience?
                    No one using? Btw managed to find out this (nearly fainted):

- Pam calf strap costs $300 (w/o buckle);
                    - Pam alligator strap costs $500 (w/o buckle);
                    - Pam rubber strap costs $240 (w/o buckle);
                    - Pam tang buckle+pin cost $270 (stainless steel brush/polish); and
                    - Pam deployment buckle costs $880 (stainless steel brush/polish).

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Personally, I like Pre-V strap by Dirk, MP and Simona. Their strap get very close to what is was like before 1997. They are thick, and buckle is pre-v type (can open Heineken). The stitch is very different compared to what we get today from OEM. Somehow they don't use the same stamping machine anymore. The shape of the tongue is unique back then

Correct me if I am wrong
                      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Where to get sampling of these straps you mentioned?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

...oh now i remember my additional reasons, the after market straps while expensive are nowhere near the OEM prices..plus they are so much variety to choose from!

Comment

Where to get sampling of these straps you mentioned?
                            You can view from their website...if you want real life look see touch, I guess you gotta get in touch with the bros/sis here who has them..

Comment

thanks, now we know the local price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X