Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious H Series PAM 00036?

Hi to all Paneristis,

I have got a bit of a mystery on hand. As my title suggest, I have a friend who recently got a PAM as a gift from a friend of his.

The first time when he showed me the watch, I was fumbling to recognize it from any of the series, and after trawling through the official webpages of OP to find the watch but to no avail. The watch then went to the back of my mine until i saw it again last night.....

With a closer look, I noticed the words on the face as follows: -

Marina
    Militare

Luminor
    Panerai

At the back, it had the beautiful see through case but therein also lies the mystery. I noticed that the series in production started with "H X/X" and I thought, at the time, fine, it looks genuine enough with so many other numbers on it (I have yet to get my own PAM, if not i would compare). Then I pulled the lever down to wind the watch and i noticed that whilst the winding action seems fine, the lever wobbles i.e. u can move the lever side ways.

Then i remember a chap on youtube which previewed a fake PAM and what is common with that fake PAM on youtube and the PAM on my friend's was that the fake one wobbles.

So I am confused. OP's official website says that there is a PAM 00036 and all the features on my friend's watch matches the picture. But these website http://www.luminoremporium.com/1998/Marina-Militare and this http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome/index.html tells me that its is a 1998 model and its only starts with "B" being the prefix for the year 1999 with a limited run of 200 only.

So can anyone solve this mystery? Is this another one of the ghost model or did OP produced another batch of 00036? Can some of the sifus here enlighten me?

I will try and answer questions if I can...

There is no H series Pam 36 for sure....

No one will give away a Pam 36 for sure.....

Maybe it's a replica?

Comment

post some pics.........

ask your friend to post some pics here......

SG-ROC got lotsa PAM gurus ..... they close one eye oso can see whether is PAM 36 or not ....

newbie, like me den have a chance to learn from PAM GURUs
      劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

+1

Agree with Bro KuchingKu...

The 36 is the first Pam to bear the MM in the dial(if I am not wrong).

And its very very rare. Even if surface for auction or for sale, its would cost an arm and leg for normal person like me who cannot afford to buy but only can drool.I am not too sure why would someone give away the 36 as a gift.Too good to be true.

This one selling at $48k!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...+36BT+RARE+(HK)

Maybe you would like authenticate it via Richemont?

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/s...ase/index.html

http://www.paneristi.com/reference/s...stimation.html

According to this 2nd link there were only 200 made as well the 1st link says the PAM 36B has a tobacco colored dial and titanium case. Does your friend's 36B have tobacco colored dial and the titanium case?

I did a quick search for the watch on google and there are several sites selling the 36B fakes for between 70 and 100 USD but they do come with black dials and shiney Stainless Steel cases.

Comment

who would give away a 36 for nothing? enuff said..I am not even goin into the wobbling lever, the correctness of series etc...

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I am being swayed to that side that it might be a fake. Although come to think of it, giving away a PAM 00036 which is so rare is hard to believe but I never doubt that my friend or his friend is not in such a position to give such a gift.

My friend's has all the correct spec. Tobacco dials and titanium case. But funnily his watch ticks very loudly so loud i can hear about 30 cm away. I can only hear my datejust if I bring it within CMs from my ear.

To me, the "H" series kind of gives it away. I will take pictures if i have the chance. But the hair spring at the back that is visible from the see-thru glass casing seems very beautiful, moves very nicely and very convincing......

Thanks I learn a new thing a day. BTW PAM 00036 is very nice, me drooling too....

Comment

Your friend worn a 100% fake Pam36. The real Pam36 only in series B" was push production in late 1998-1999. Angelo Bonati was brought in by his italian Sifu /senior Franco Cologni of Cartier" to take full charge on tis interesting Military watch ~ Panerai'.In the mist of time , AB without a clue & didn't have the time to talk with Franco Cologni regarding product & marketing strategies"LOL A!!Kekeke The newly appointed CEO of panerai was thrown messy jigsaw puzzle . So many exotic Pre-A Pam were produce during 97-98 erra" That's why mo$t fine art found in Italy" Bcos every single creation have too much adventurous tale to share over & over the generation"

Comment

All i know. in singapore - it is known as "no horse run" .................boh beh zao
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

Most likely it is a fake.

If I am not mistaken, the L SWISS L dial on this piece is even rarer (only a few in the world). Most are using T SWISS T dial.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
                      Most likely it is a fake.

If I am not mistaken, the L SWISS L dial on this piece is even rarer (only a few in the world). Most are using T SWISS T dial.
                      U R Absolutely Correct Sir"

Comment

See-through back for a B series? LOL... That gives it away.
                        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

The genuine article has see through caseback. It is correct for this model. Only that the movement comes without the well known "swan-neck" found on the later series. I think plenty of reference pictures on P forum and you can make definite comparison.

However, only based on H series caseback, very high chance that this is not the real deal.

Comment

The genuine article has see through caseback. It is correct for this model. Only that the movement comes without the well known "swan-neck" found on the later series. I think plenty of reference pictures on P forum and you can make definite comparison.

However, only based on H series caseback, very high chance that this is not the real deal.
                            Ahhhh.... my bad... keep confusing the MM PAM36 with the PAM40 'T' Dial Ti with black face, pardon me. :P
                            "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                            --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

+1

The genuine article has see through caseback. It is correct for this model. Only that the movement comes without the well known "swan-neck" found on the later series.
                              Here are some pics taken from PuristPro website.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                              it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                              How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                              That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X