Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the series meant

Hi ,

A newbie here. Can the senior advise what is L series, J series? Couldn't find from the panerai website. Thanks
    f

Originally posted by corsa View Post
    Hi ,

A newbie here. Can the senior advise what is L series, J series? Couldn't find from the panerai website. Thanks
    f

It means the production year and you can check that against the millesimation (number produced per year) database. Check out the reference sections in forums like Paneristi.com or Panerai Source. It'll tell you the series with corresponding year and millesimation.

Anyway, L = 2009 ; J= 2007..you can do the maths from there I guess

Comment

Like my daughter's nursery song.

A,B,C,D,E,F,G..........J(2007), K(2008), L(2009), M(2010)

In English, got nothing before A.....for Pam, got PreA, PreV.

Comment

L is 2010 year of release

Comment

Originally posted by garygraphy View Post
          2009 already have L. One of my "L" PAM was from 2009

Comment

Originally posted by garygraphy View Post

L is for year 2009 ; M is for 2010. However, say the millesimation is 1500 for L doesnt necessarily mean the entire 1500 pieces will be made and sold in 2009. It will be spread out as I understand perhaps over 2 or even possibly 3 years.

Panerai's manufacturing output is very small compared to other watch brands and hence it is very possible to find L series pieces being manufactured and sent to ADs only in 2010 and being sold in 2010. Heck, I got my 250 K only in 2010 from an AD who received it in March this year despite K being a 2008 series!

Hope that helps.

Comment

Pardon me...tumpang this thread to ask a noob question.

So does it matter if watch is say L or M series? Are the watches different? Or same but just that manufactured in different years?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
                Pardon me...tumpang this thread to ask a noob question.

So does it matter if watch is say L or M series? Are the watches different? Or same but just that manufactured in different years?

thanks!

The answer to that it depends on the model (and you'll never know at that point in time!)

The few famous examples I can think of is the 292, only for J series that it comes with the famous PIG on its dial and the millesimation is 1000. Another one is the 183 G series, whereby its the only series where the word "Black Seal" is directly above the numeral 6..later series would have the same word below the word "Radiomir" under the numeral 12. The decoration of the movement is also PANERAIPANERAI where laterseries would only have the Cotes De Geneve...I am sure there are other examples but I cant for the life of me think of it now..hope that helps!

Comment

auto luminors from J onwards have the 'Automatic' word below the 'Panerai' (maybe K onwards but should be J)

233 L onwards change day/night indicator from dot to AM/PM (ala PAM270).

changes are usually a big deal to many so it depends.

Comment

Some of the Submersible have subtle differences between the early & later series as well.

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
                      The answer to that it depends on the model (and you'll never know at that point in time!)

The few famous examples I can think of is the 292, only for J series that it comes with the famous PIG on its dial and the millesimation is 1000. Another one is the 183 G series, whereby its the only series where the word "Black Seal" is directly above the numeral 6..later series would have the same word below the word "Radiomir" under the numeral 12. The decoration of the movement is also PANERAIPANERAI where laterseries would only have the Cotes De Geneve...I am sure there are other examples but I cant for the life of me think of it now..hope that helps!
                      For 292....J all have pig (1000). K all have no pig (1500). L some have pig and some have no pig (1000). M...????

Think Richemont is confusing us and themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        For 292....J all have pig (1000). K all have no pig (1500). L some have pig and some have no pig (1000). M...????

Think Richemont is confusing us and themselves.
                        I thought Richemont only let loose those Pigs on first J" series only. Pls correct me ain't pig enough to understand how the on world their forever error can turn into useful marketing tool" Hat-off to Rich$monster" kekeke

Comment

292L is what gets people confused. Some say with PIG and some claim no, just like what KK said. Here's a "L" with PIG
                          http://market.watchprosite.com/?show...&ti=626901&dt=

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                            I thought Richemont only let loose those Pigs on first J" series only. Pls correct me ain't pig enough to understand how the on world their forever error can turn into useful marketing tool" Hat-off to Rich$monster" kekeke
                            I oso like johnfish..thought the PIGs are only for J..so confused now..if that's the case, why pay $16-18k for the J???

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
                              292L is what gets people confused. Some say with PIG and some claim no, just like what KK said. Here's a "L" with PIG
                              http://market.watchprosite.com/?show...&ti=626901&dt=
                              Just an info to all Pam292 owner... The ceramic only found on the cushion case. Not the wire lugs, not the onion crown. They were DLC" so be caution on that area"

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X