Question about straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about straps

I see many PAM straps for sale. Some are new, some are worn.

Just like to know how many of you buy preown straps to use.

Are you ok with straps that has been used by other people knowing that there is a possibility that the strap contains perspiration of previous owner(s).

Also like to know how you maintain the straps you buy regardless new or worn. do you apply moisturizer like how you do it to a pair of leather shoes? do you used a damp cloth and clean it each time you wear it?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post

Are you ok with straps that has been used by other people knowing that there is a possibility that the strap contains perspiration of previous owner(s).

Also like to know how you maintain the straps you buy regardless new or worn. do you apply moisturizer like how you do it to a pair of leather shoes? do you used a damp cloth and clean it each time you wear it?
    I bought pre owned so long its still in very new condition. Most people have many straps, many watches, so the straps are very new.

Once a while i use mink oil or leather moisturizer to apply on strap and clean off. No damp cloth for me, weather damp enough.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I love Ted Su Ammo straps and the smell. They may be new or old but originally taken from WW2 swiss/french soldiers 60 years ago.

Surely got perspiration but may even have blood stains.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        I love Ted Su Ammo straps and the smell. They may be new or old but originally taken from WW2 swiss/french soldiers 60 years ago.

How can u Guru !! Now I fear of touching liao..Blood !!

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

ripped from bloody dead ang mos.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

No pre-own strap for me at the moment, unless it is worn only on a woman's fair, tender and slender wrist..
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I do have straps that are well aged. And they have been pass around several owners. I am fine with it.

I own a Rolex !

Comment

i nvr buy pre-own.. like what you pointed out... not too comfortable with the idea of wearing a strap that has absorbed doonnno what from the previous owner who was doing donnno what...

having said so, i have managed to sell off almost all of my used straps and I find no lack of buyers... so maybe i'm in the minority here.

i try not to use moisturizer because they tend to darken the strap...
                try johnson & johnson baby lotion if you must.

nope, i just strap the watch on and i am ready to go but there is really no hard rule.
                so if you prefer to rubba rubba your strap each time before you strap it on, it's your strap and your choice man...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

i know that some preown straps are well taken care of. it is just the thought that the sweat, etc gets absorb into the leather.

however, for bracelet, u can sent it for a cleaning process to rid of stains. it also does not absorb sweat....
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I don't have a problem bro. Use some leather cleaner on the underside then seal with mink oil.

Other people's sweat? Taxi / public transportation so much worse bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      No pre-own strap for me at the moment, unless it is worn only on a woman's fair, tender and slender wrist..
                      Kekeke, such straps are likely gonna be too short for ur wrist!!

Comment

My wrists are just as small..
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi triton, i try to help by doing up some pictures. i find that used straps has more character, while the very new one just look new and green to me.

enjoy,

No shame, used strap are very good too. The edges peel off with some character. Just like some girls who prefer guy with scars.
                          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Slightly OT: Rough, especially unfinished edges are best for casual wear. I like unfinished edges coz they make the watch blend in well with jeans & shorts on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                              hi triton, i try to help by doing up some pictures. i find that used straps has more character, while the very new one just look new and green to me.
                              I think Triton prefer to "season" the strap himself instead of someone else.

Dino

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X