Pam recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam recommendation

Hi, i'm very new to understanding watch collection and it seems that Panerai is such a hot brand. For a beginner, what is the best Pam to get (at a budget of course). I'm interested in automatic movement only, though. Thanks for helping a newbie out!

104 at resale without spending too much.
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

+1 for 104 if budget concern if not thn suggest u go for 312...however to me manual wind is a must for pam n tat just me
      Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
      Future - Geneva hallmark
      Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
        +1 for 104 if budget concern if not thn suggest u go for 312...however to me manual wind is a must for pam n tat just me
        no offense to brothers who have the 312, but i find there;s nothing really much going for the new movement other than the power reserve.

no quickset date and other bells and whistle. get a manual wind pam or go extreme and get a 8 days movement. worth more for your buck

Comment

Pam 005 looks great imo...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If you only want auto PAM, then cheapest are 104 (polished) and 164 (brushed steel). Used to own a 104 and like the cleaner look compared to 164. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Hah!

Originally posted by larry88
              I bought a PAM005 recently. So nice that i don't want to wear it. Happy just to take out and look at it and put it back. :-)
              That bad ha bro...? You buy expensive expensive but keep it? Buy it and wear it bro. Thats what owing these timepieces is all about.

If not, you T Loan it to me.

Wear and enjoy your 005 in good health.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
              it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
              How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
              That's how winning is done.'

Comment

^5 bro, i tot i was e only one that does that , now i do wear my pams more often, on weekends sometimes when i feel like it and occasions like wedding etc etc

I bought a PAM005 recently. So nice that i don't want to wear it. Happy just to take out and look at it and put it back. :-)

Comment

ai yah.... one other reason i am not wearing it becuase the weather has been so hot lately and i don't want the beautiful leather belt to be soaked up by sweat.......
                  Fun part of owning pams....for every 1 watch, you should have 3 straps!

So you can feel like owning 3 watches. Something Rolex can give you.

Comment

btw, my daily wear is Exp II black or Santos 100.

I may look to offload Pam 05 one day and get something else........:-) This was bought on impulse. My BIL called me up and just said, Larry, there is a Pam watch, very good deal. Don't ask, just buy. You have 10 minutes to think before this is offered to someone else. The rest is history....haha
                    Offload Pam 05 sure lose money (even if BNIB)...so might as well just wear it and enjoy it since it's your first Pam.

Comment

+1

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                      Offload Pam 05 sure lose money (even if BNIB)...so might as well just wear it and enjoy it since it's your first Pam.
                      Well said. Might as well wear until sian (even after changing a lot lot lot of strap but doesnt work) then sell it away. Better then keeping and then sell at a lost without wearing it.

The Marina Logo is one beautiful historical pam which belongs to the wrist, not the box.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Over a few decade, 9 out of 10 on my new watches purchase.U will see tis nut so eager wanting to strap on his brand new lover without any more delay . Walk out of the boutique,in hand a boutique carrier was nothing more but only a new box. "Life is not about waiting" Just do it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                          104 at resale without spending too much.
                          I am a newbie, can share how much a resale for pam104 and 164 in market now? Can share the AD price too. Also what the distinctive difference when other brother mention on in-house movement between Rolex and Pam

Comment

thanks for the advice, but like what one of you guys mentioned, it seems that manual winding pams are more popular than auto ones. any reason for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
                              thanks for the advice, but like what one of you guys mentioned, it seems that manual winding pams are more popular than auto ones. any reason for that?
                              The manual wind refer to Historical model. That's how it all begin , trace back to their root as miltary tool gear design in WW2. And tranform to now tis cult watch obsessed by big boys & girls So manual wind mvt.gave one a feel closer to the DNA , and one needed to wind up as daily task.
                              Help to develop chemistry & physical bond wif the owner"

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X