Getting that first strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    im curious, i see alot of preown straps for sale.

does it matter to you that the strap is once 'coated' with someone else's sweat?

or is it you buy because it is seasoned and the strap is softer?

sorry to hijack, but i would like to know TS preference.
    As long as strap is 95% - 98% I don't really mind. That probably means the strap is rarely worn. I doubt too many people wear their Pam to do sport... I also cleaned the back with leather cleaner, then apply mink oil (which seals the leather), before wearing.

But sometimes I see beat-up-to-hell-and-back cracked & stained strap offered for sale -- and sold for $150!!! just because it's BigB... I also shake my head...

So I recently bought a BigB ammo (new) to see what the fuss is all about... and still shaking my head...

Comment

So you bought 2 pam?
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by H2F View Post
        As long as strap is 95% - 98% I don't really mind. That probably means the strap is rarely worn. I doubt too many people wear their Pam to do sport... I also cleaned the back with leather cleaner, then apply mink oil (which seals the leather), before wearing.

But sometimes I see beat-up-to-hell-and-back cracked & stained strap offered for sale -- and sold for $150!!! just because it's BigB... I also shake my head...

So I recently bought a BigB ammo (new) to see what the fuss is all about... and still shaking my head...
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bro Oceanklassik, if u want to touch and feel those straps before buying, maybe can try watchlink @ far east plaza or visiotime @ republic plaza ??? They have tedsu, JnS and greg stevens as well. Just got these greg stevens from watchlink yesterday, new shoes for e ladies, GSS

Comment

Greg stevens was Bro Louie's recommendation when we last met. Thanks bro

Comment

Beautiful watches and straps ! And tx for the info. Btw, any diff if I were to buy frm our local stores carrying these straps, esp in pricing? Because these brands are available to purchase online too.

Tx again.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

straps are basically the same.

what i suggest you to do is calculate the cost to get them shipped to sg. then see how much these shops are selling.

ask for discounted prices if possible. if order 1 or 2, chances of discount is minimum or none. ask how many pieces u need to order to get discount, then check around who might want to tag order. this way, can save abit
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

think you can get a better deal with e online store since e local stores need some profit as well ? watch for e sale threads, sometimes there are good deals too.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Beautiful watches and straps ! And tx for the info. Btw, any diff if I were to buy frm our local stores carrying these straps, esp in pricing? Because these brands are available to purchase online too.

Tx again.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    straps are basically the same.

what i suggest you to do is calculate the cost to get them shipped to sg. then see how much these shops are selling.

ask for discounted prices if possible. if order 1 or 2, chances of discount is minimum or none. ask how many pieces u need to order to get discount, then check around who might want to tag order. this way, can save abit
                    Sure. Tx for advice.

Originally posted by michi0301 View Post
                    think you can get a better deal with e online store since e local stores need some profit as well ? watch for e sale threads, sometimes there are good deals too.
                    Yes, that's what I've been watching.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X