Getting that first strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroic18 or zergun .

Heroic 18 Bought from kaab bro here. I might want to get another black one soon LOL. one or two strap is never enough.

Comment

hehehe...just to further fuel the watch strap madness here...hehehehe.....as NIKE says....JUST DO IT....pull the trigger...life is too short for regrets!!!heheheheehee....

P.S: I got my Ted Su straps from the Mr Nice Guy aka Mr Dino...extremely patient gentleman who takes his time off his busy schedule to explain and advice me on straps when i was new to the world of straps....Great man and a fren of mine for life...hehehehe
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i have zero pams but i love straps made for them....so i am always looking for watches with lug size 24mm or 26mm...hehehehe....hope 1 fine day the 4-D God will be smiling at me and i can amass enuff funds for my Pam 005

Comment

Originally posted by coltagious View Post
          Dats great, once you start, u might not be able to stop

This is one part of panerai ownership which i enjoy a lot, searching for straps that compliments yet gives a different feel of the watch. Have fun!!
          That's my fear..

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
          Oh one more thing, sometimes you can get really good bargain straps from other members here...dont forget to always check the straps for sale section!
          Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to accept pre-own leathers. If bracelet, not so bad but I prefer leathers to be new.

Originally posted by Metank View Post
          Heroic18 or zergun .

Heroic 18 Bought from kaab bro here. I might want to get another black one soon LOL. one or two strap is never enough.
          Now that's beautiful .
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks and now a clearer pic for u to see the whole strap.

Enjoy and have a great day ahead

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              i have zero pams but i love straps made for them....so i am always looking for watches with lug size 24mm or 26mm...hehehehe....hope 1 fine day the 4-D God will be smiling at me and i can amass enuff funds for my Pam 005
              Don't worry bro. u will get yr first pam soon! i didn't have any pam before too. Earn it! And i must say, after i get my pam. i don't watch my daytona that much LOL. this is bad i know.

Comment

Thanks Bro Metank...ur strap is swee swee.....have to stop adding to my rojak collection and start to amass pams liao..hehehehehe..me hor wharf side coolie...have to work til 80 then can afford the pam...so have to hope for 4-D God to assist abit...hehehehehe

Your 312 is super swee too...hehehe..1950 style case with in-house 3 day power reserve....superb piece....

Comment

for exotics, ABP without a doubt.
                  for plain leather, Simona Bruno
                  maro paci looks not bad but I had a bad experience with his biz partner/ main distributor and decided that i will rather spend my $ oon other strap makers.
                  "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                  three times is enemy action and
                  over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                  ."

Comment

Thanks Bro Metank...ur strap is swee swee.....have to stop adding to my rojak collection and start to amass pams liao..hehehehehe..me hor wharf side coolie...have to work til 80 then can afford the pam...so have to hope for 4-D God to assist abit...hehehehehe

Your 312 is super swee too...hehehe..1950 style case with in-house 3 day power reserve....superb piece....
                    Thanks it's my first pam! bought from a nice bro here too. lol. basically i think this forum has everything u need. but if u want to view those nicer and good straps. i think only JnS is around for u to view face to face.

Comment

i tink have Jns and Ant...both are local strap smiths...hehehe....

Comment

i tink have Jns and Ant...both are local strap smiths...hehehe....
                        Ic, where can we view ant's!?

Comment

hehehe..i tink you can source the information from our sales forum...hehehehe..he does make nice ammo straps...

Comment

Cannot justify strap price based on materials cost lah bro, straps are "fashion" items!

Imho straps can be divided into a few categories: dressy, everyday, sporty, unique...
                            • Dressy will be many of the OEM offerings, thinner gators, maybe some python, some stingray.
                            • Everyday can be anything you like, nowadays most popular is "ammo" leather type, usually thicker 4mm and above. Heroic18 and Strap Culture (in addition to the brands mentioned above) are not bad also.
                            • Sporty will be waterproof straps such as rubber, synthetic, some waterproof calf, and also any "daily-beater" favorites you don't mind getting a good "patina" (read: wear, tear & stains ) on it...
                            • Unique straps will be thick gators/crocs/hornbacks, stingray with big pearls, exotic skins (frog, elephant, chicken, ostrich, fish), and anything with unusual colors or shapes. (I second that Paneray offers the best bang for buck in this category)

So best to look at many many photos, see which appeals to you most, and then go shopping. If you have multiple straps and comfortable about changing straps yourself, extra benefit all your straps will also last longer as given time to "rest"

In our humid weather I like to put a thin coat of mink oil (sold as a paste) on the underside. ** WARNING: will darken color slightly! **

Most straps should not get wet. If you do get it wet, usually recommended to air dry. Don't use hair-dryer (will shrink).

The good thing about straps from well-known brands is that there are always resale value as used/pre-owned (assuming you don't beat it up too much!). So cost of ownership is not really the price you pay up front.

The caveat "you get what you pay for" applies -- but if you want inexpensive straps, hard to beat The Watch Boys and Panatime. Also Modena for super cheap rubber straps & basic deployants. All will ship to Singapore no problem.

And when you're ready for the big boys, can check out ABP, BigB/Kevin/Adeeos, Dirk, delaurian, etc...

Comment

im curious, i see alot of preown straps for sale.

does it matter to you that the strap is once 'coated' with someone else's sweat?

or is it you buy because it is seasoned and the strap is softer?

sorry to hijack, but i would like to know TS preference.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                im curious, i see alot of preown straps for sale.

does it matter to you that the strap is once 'coated' with someone else's sweat?

or is it you buy because it is seasoned and the strap is softer?

sorry to hijack, but i would like to know TS preference.
                                You asking me? Yes, it matters to me like I'd mentioned in an earlier post. If pre-owned bracelet, I may accept but pre-owned "skin", I am trying to find a reason to accept..
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X