newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question

Hi. I am totally new to PAMs. Hope to learn from the experts here. What's the difference between a 104 and a 164? Is it just the face? Which one of the 2 is considered a more sought-after model? Thanks!

I believe they are the same in terms of technical specs and as you had already pointed out, the diff is merely in the design of the dial. I think the 104 is more sought after.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
      Hi. I am totally new to PAMs. Hope to learn from the experts here. What's the difference between a 104 and a 164? Is it just the face? Which one of the 2 is considered a more sought-after model? Thanks!

There's also differences in the finish - 104 is polished while 164 is brushed. I got myself the 301 coz its a hybrid of both! 164 dial in a 104 polished casing..that one sings to me

Comment

Thanks guys for the super quick replies. This forum is great. Went to Raffles City during lunchtime and they have one piece of 164! Yummy...

My next newbie question is how is a sandwich dial different from a non-sandwich? I looked at Panerai website but can't tell the difference....

Comment

internet search n u shld b able 2 find fotos - sandwich is like te markers r cut out n pasted - non-sandwich is called painted n te markers look like u use liquid paper to write

Comment

Thanks. I like your explanation..LOL

Comment

I wonder if the pics here are clear enough for you:

http://www.paneristipix.com/bin/pp.d...neristiPix&si=

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks guys for the super quick replies. This forum is great. Went to Raffles City during lunchtime and they have one piece of 164! Yummy...

My next newbie question is how is a sandwich dial different from a non-sandwich? I looked at Panerai website but can't tell the difference....
                A bit more detail for those who love them:

Sandwich dial: This refers to the process that Panerai uses on some of their dials. The luminous material is pasted onto a bottom disk, and then the dial, with numerals already cut into it, is pressed on top of the luminous material.

Painted dial is the other type wherby the luminous materials are painted onto the dial in baton, dot shapes for the markers and arabic numerals.

Comment

Are you from University of Texas?
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

104 usually gets better resale. If u not looking at resale, go for 164 then. Its brushed look easier to maintain..

Comment

Difference.. difference...

Try seeing both in their physical state. Mount them if sellers permit, and see what sings to you more...

I thought that is the "scientific" way of choosing a Pammy..

The diff bet a 104 and a 164 lies in two things: 1. Dial 2. Polished casing vs. brushed casing.

Comment

There's one for sale here

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=41065

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Here you go:-

Someone in this forum mentioned - base with sandwiched dial looks great. Because you will feel that the dial is floating. Beautiful. And I can't agree more.

Base is best !
                          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                            Here you go:-

Someone in this forum mentioned - base with sandwiched dial looks great. Because you will feel that the dial is floating. Beautiful. And I can't agree more.

Base is best !
                            And I can't agree more X2 ... than pls allow tis one come second hor" After Makan Sandwich ... We need toothpick mah. LOL !!

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                              Are you from University of Texas?
                              No I am from Bt Batok. But I like bull....

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                              104 usually gets better resale. If u not looking at resale, go for 164 then. Its brushed look easier to maintain..
                              Heaven forbid we should buy something cos it's practical!!!!

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                              And I can't agree more X2 ... than pls allow tis one come second hor" After Makan Sandwich ... We need toothpick mah. LOL !!
                              Thanks to everyone here, I went out this morning to get a sandwich
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/10380717...eat=directlink

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X