No announcement yet.

Getting that first PAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices are ok... find time to check the 3 ADs out.

Bro TX03R,

Local ADs' prices are ok. But prices vary from models to models due to demand. So I thought Michi0301's point about walking around is good. Pls do that, if time permits.

KuchingKu lists down the up and not so up sides of buying it overseas quite clearly. There are costs and time involved, which are seldom mentioned in all the ra-ra about price savings.

All the best for your hunt. Do post a pix when you have got ya first Pammy.

Comment

Thanks all for the returns

Shopping overseas isnt an option at the moment, but i will definitely take a shot at the local ADs if i ever go back to europe again.

Coming back to the purchase, probably take some more time looking and asking around the ADs, thats part of the fun isnt it! I'm not in a hurry, probably the next SE that can offer me a sincere and decent discount will land me the fated piece. Having said that, I will make a trip down to RWS this sat.

Will post a pict once i get hold of HER

cheers
      Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
      U-Boat Classico CAS - 53
      Breitling Superocean Steelfish
      TAG Heuer Kirium Chronograph
      TAG Heuer Formula1

Comment

really cool to grab one piece of Pam

Comment

getting 1st panerai

The more i look at panerai, the more i want to buy it. therefore looking at pre-owned panerai 123 (left side) power reserve model for $5.5k, may I ask our panerai expert whether it is worth it whether it has certificate or not?

Thanks a million!

Comment

Originally posted by watch surfer View Post
            The more i look at panerai, the more i want to buy it. therefore looking at pre-owned panerai 123 (left side) power reserve model for $5.5k, may I ask our panerai expert whether it is worth it whether it has certificate or not?

Thanks a million!
            Think most people would like to have the full set. It will be very funny if the watch is relatively new and does not come in the full set... Do take note.

Comment

Originally posted by TZ03R View Post
              Hi seniors

I've been drawn to this brand since 2005 and after 5 years I'm ready to purchase my first PAM.

Before I plunge into the (wonderful) world of PAMs, may I ask if a new set from a local AD the best place to start off with? In terms of price, of course

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks and cheers
              Do look around in the difffrent forums to have a feel about the pricing. Then do some research on the piece that you are eyeing, this will be fun and very poisoning.... hahaha. personally, i prefer the historical models but this can be subjective. Most Ads do not offer discounts, depending on your relationship with them and go have a feel of the watch on your wrist. Think no obligation on your part, afterall, we are talking about few thousand dollars here...

Hope the above helps

Comment

As all mentioned, do focus on the piece u wanted rather then checking around all model. Next, do reserved yr buying price as always mentioned phrase,"Willing Buyer n Willing Seller" need 2-hands to deal,cheers

Comment

getting the first panerai

Dear panerai expert, what do you think of getting panerai 48B as the first one? However, its a 40mm, would it be harder to sell next time, if I ever want to change to different model?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by watch surfer View Post
                    Dear panerai expert, what do you think of getting panerai 48B as the first one? However, its a 40mm, would it be harder to sell next time, if I ever want to change to different model?

Thanks.
                    If your wrist size permitted a 44mm or even 47mm , why compromise on 40mm? Unless ur targetted model is bracelet type. Pam suppose to look good in oversize. Best is try on one & feel it. Good luck on the hunt"

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X