Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting that first PAM

Hi seniors

I've been drawn to this brand since 2005 and after 5 years I'm ready to purchase my first PAM.

Before I plunge into the (wonderful) world of PAMs, may I ask if a new set from a local AD the best place to start off with? In terms of price, of course

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks and cheers
    Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
    U-Boat Classico CAS - 53
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish
    TAG Heuer Kirium Chronograph
    TAG Heuer Formula1

Buy pre-owned or grey BNIB, cheaper and more choices, unless you want the newest models. Visiotime & Watchlink plenty of PAMs. Not forgetting sg-roc of course. Happy hunting.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by TZ03R View Post
      Hi seniors

I've been drawn to this brand since 2005 and after 5 years I'm ready to purchase my first PAM.

Before I plunge into the (wonderful) world of PAMs, may I ask if a new set from a local AD the best place to start off with? In terms of price, of course

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks and cheers
      Cortina, Sincere and THG all carry Pams but at different outlets. Best for you to visit them and ask for price as well as models available.
      If this is your first buy from them, you are not likely to get anything more the 5-10% off. Most times, it's at list price for Pams.

Of course Pre-own or grey dealers are another course but you need to do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        Cortina, Sincere and THG all carry Pams but at different outlets. Best for you to visit them and ask for price as well as models available.
        If this is your first buy from them, you are not likely to get anything more the 5-10% off. Most times, it's at list price for Pams.

Of course Pre-own or grey dealers are another course but you need to do your homework.

Great point there. I would suggest you have a "look-see" at the ADs first..have a chat with them and sometimes they will share their catalogue with the list price as well. Then as suggested you can try shopping around for grey market dealers/used PAMs here in SGROC. I had some good deals made with fellow members here.

Oh one more thing...dont compromise and rush. The piece that is meant for you is out there waiting but it'll take a lot of patience and homework. That is part of the fun!

Important note though : when dealing in the used/grey market , always buy the seller i.e look at their trade feedback and if possible obtain references

Comment

Noted all advices

At Cortina last week and was offered the listed price for the 104M without any discount.

In fact, the man says 'Panerai has no discount one'.
          Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
          U-Boat Classico CAS - 53
          Breitling Superocean Steelfish
          TAG Heuer Kirium Chronograph
          TAG Heuer Formula1

Comment

True for many popular model Pam. AD don't need to discount as supply is so limited. Unless you're a repeat customer at the AD.

But if you have not purchased big ticket items from the internet before, I would definitely recommend the AD route for first Pam. Pam retains its value very well, and when/if you sell in future, you prob won't get hit much anyways.

I didn't, and it was extremely stressful with the delays, lack of communication, and even a last minute LE number change.

If price is most important, then definitely buy pre-owned. Many good sellers here!

Good luck bro! You won't regret it! (well, at least until the strap-bug hits... Lol!)

Comment

I think it really have to depend on the people you speak to ??? I have been to cortina, THG and sincere during my hunts, different people told me different things, some no discount some alittle. The best offer I got was from sincere, 15% off listed, cash, when I was looking for pam 233, but its the newer model which i am not really keen on, by the way I am not a regular customer with them. I would say do some leg work, talk to people, look around, and go with the one that makes you feel better.

Originally posted by TZ03R View Post
              Noted all advices

At Cortina last week and was offered the listed price for the 104M without any discount.

In fact, the man says 'Panerai has no discount one'.

Comment

Give HobbyLink Singapore a call. Located Far East Plaza

Pls SMS 98249482

There are many new sets to choose from.
                I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                  Give HobbyLink Singapore a call. Located Far East Plaza

Pls SMS 98249482

There are many new sets to choose from.
                  Yes...and Hobbylink and Watchlink same same Can check out Sam's website (just google) before contacting him.
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

A good start is to study the sale threads on SGROC here.Happy hunting.

Comment

If u are really patient enough and thinking of planning a vacation trip to europe too then of course on your way back getting it over there would be much cheaper due to the weakening euro and tax rebate.
                      To Be or not to Be.
                      Testing my patience in Time..
                      Humble keepers.

Pam 423..
                      Rolex Daytona v serie..
                      AP ROO Novelty black carbon..
                      AP ROO Black themes..
                      AP ROO Michael schumi titanium..
                      IWC Portuguese Tourbillon mystere retrograde rose gold..
                      Seiko Blue ocean,white dolphin..

Daily beaters

AP volcano..
                      Seiko darth vadar mm1000m..

Wish List

Pam 508

Comment

Originally posted by BreitMad View Post
                        If u are really patient enough and thinking of planning a vacation trip to europe too then of course on your way back getting it over there would be much cheaper due to the weakening euro and tax rebate.
                        This is provided...

1. You have time and did homework of location of ADs. They are not like Singapore, all on Orchard road. Each major city may have a few.

2. They have the stock of what you are looking for. Luck is important there, esp if you are not going to be at a place for a long time.

3. You take the time to do rebate at airport.

4. You don't get too many and have problem clearing our customs.

5. Euro remains low and RRP in Europe is not adjusted upwards to take into account of low Euro.

6. You have the patience to wait till your next holiday.

Comment

get the pam from one of our bros here in sg-roc is better...get new grail watch and get to know 1 more new watch kaki is fun lar...hahaha...personal view here...
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

True,bro!

Comment

My frd bought a 312 from Resort World Luxury Watches earlier this year.. Look 4 Glenn, a pinyo guy.. He can gv good disc n service there compared to other retailers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X