PAM 358 aka Kraken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 358 aka Kraken

Would like to share what i just received today and have been waiting for this for the past 6 months.

Wont bore you with what i went through in order to obtain this piece.

Basically its a 47mm Destro Submersible, titanium 1950s case with luminova markets (a pity). LE of 100pcs comissioned by Panerai for Parisian Retailer Chronopassion.

Here is a pic taken from iphone, so bear with the lack of quality as it does not serve this beauty any justice.

Thats one hunky looking Destro-Sub ! Niceee

Comment

rare beast! BIG congrats!!

Comment

Woahhh!! Look and built like tank!

Comment

Wah rare find! 2500 metres, you'll need a submarine to go down that far.

Comment

thanks for the compliments!

Yes its massive but surprisingly comfortable and relatively light.

Shaved off quite a bit of weight via a titanium body. A destro for a 47mm is actually very very friendly for a right hander (worn on the left hand) as the crown guard never gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by klim View Post
              Would like to share what i just received today and have been waiting for this for the past 6 months.

Wont bore you with what i went through in order to obtain this piece.

Basically its a 47mm Destro Submersible, titanium 1950s case with luminova markets (a pity). LE of 100pcs comissioned by Panerai for Parisian Retailer Chronopassion.

Here is a pic taken from iphone, so bear with the lack of quality as it does not serve this beauty any justice.

Superb catch mate! I am hunting for one too but cant afford to pay the exorbitant prices (HKD 143,000 for example) that I came across so far. Share the story please!!! (or PM me )Thanks and huge huge congrats

Comment

retail price of this piece is 8900euros with relevant taxes and you can easily work out the actual cost of the watch. I obtained this piece from the AD (Chronopassion) and bought certain pieces from them in the past just to be included on their list. It was an expensive gamble but paid off in the end. Reason being, this piece has to be collected in person, they dont take reservations, bookings or deposits. You have to be there, right place right time and i was.

143k HKD is quite alot of premium but you can blame these flippers/traders. LE of 100pcs and as most of the owners of this LE are VIPs of Chronopassion (not me though) and likely keep it for good, hence this might justify the premium as there wont be many on the secondary market.

The previous Chronopassion LE (PAM 239) has resurfaced at 2-3 times its RRP of 4900euros. Not that its a direction of where this is heading but alot of opportunists out there might treat it as a bible.

Who knows, Panerai might release a limited regular production Destro 47mm Sub in the future and the premium of this PAM358 will take a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by klim View Post
                  retail price of this piece is 8900euros with relevant taxes and you can easily work out the actual cost of the watch. I obtained this piece from the AD (Chronopassion) and bought certain pieces from them in the past just to be included on their list. It was an expensive gamble but paid off in the end. Reason being, this piece has to be collected in person, they dont take reservations, bookings or deposits. You have to be there, right place right time and i was.

143k HKD is quite alot of premium but you can blame these flippers/traders. LE of 100pcs and as most of the owners of this LE are VIPs of Chronopassion (not me though) and likely keep it for good, hence this might justify the premium as there wont be many on the secondary market.

The previous Chronopassion LE (PAM 239) has resurfaced at 2-3 times its RRP of 4900euros. Not that its a direction of where this is heading but alot of opportunists out there might treat it as a bible.

Who knows, Panerai might release a limited regular production Destro 47mm Sub in the future and the premium of this PAM358 will take a beating.
                  Great insights! Thanks for sharing bro and once again..awesome piece!

Comment

Congrats. This is the follow up to the 239. Huge yet lighter than the 239 and can go deeper too.

Comment

What a monstrous destro sub it is. thanks for sharing!
                      To Be or not to Be.
                      Testing my patience in Time..
                      Humble keepers.

Pam 423..
                      Rolex Daytona v serie..
                      AP ROO Novelty black carbon..
                      AP ROO Black themes..
                      AP ROO Michael schumi titanium..
                      IWC Portuguese Tourbillon mystere retrograde rose gold..
                      Seiko Blue ocean,white dolphin..

Daily beaters

AP volcano..
                      Seiko darth vadar mm1000m..

Wish List

Pam 508

Comment

I am a big fan, major congrats!!!

Comment

Beautiful piece of creation!
                          1 3 5
                          ├┼┼╕
                          2 4 6 R

Comment

Rare rare leftie! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Bro...

You are one of the 100 with the privilege of being an owner for this wonderful rare Panerai species.

Enjoy your Sub Destro bro. Its definitely a Kraken. Please share some more pics leh...Let me drool over my lappy....LOL.

Enjoy your watch and wear it in good health.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                              it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                              How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                              That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X