Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP Wearing Panerai..? Interesting Read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP Wearing Panerai..? Interesting Read...

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-w...l?t=1272457928

What you guys think about this...?

Comments?

Obviously this author, Watch Snob, is a pure Panerai hater. But calling Panerai owners 'Clowns' , I think is a bit too much of an accusation base on 'opinions'.

Panerai a 'cheap toy'? I doubt that.

Agreed that A Lange makes one of the best watches right now but please, how many of us can afford one? Especially the Datograph?! Definitely not me.

Thought I could share this with you guys after reading it at P.com,

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Pure nonsense! If we were to take the words of a shallow chap that views watch buying based on trends evidenced in quotes like "A Panerai was viable 5 years ago" etc...probably is the clueless one himself.
    If anything, his article does a dis-service to A.Lange & Sohne, a brand that isn't exactly all that much more expensive or desirable than a Pam.
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

+1

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
      Pure nonsense! If we were to take the words of a shallow chap that views watch buying based on trends evidenced in quotes like "A Panerai was viable 5 years ago" etc...probably is the clueless one himself.
      If anything, his article does a dis-service to A.Lange & Sohne, a brand that isn't exactly all that much more expensive or desirable than a Pam.
      Well said Bro!

Didnt cross my mind that his article does a dis-service to A Lange.

I wonder what watch this Watch Snob person wears.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Lange is a top notch movement brand....and its movement quality is way higher than Panerai. I have no doubt about this even thought I am a Pam fan. I am also a Lange Fan.

But, there is no need to slam Pam like this cos....they have different pros and cons...thus fitting into the diff market segments. So, it is perfectly viable that both are good to diff people at dif price points.

Think this guy has zil knowledge on marketing.

Last time, a dealer here will blast him for saying Pam is not good. He thinks the world of Pams. Now that his attention has shifted to vintage Rolex, things will not erupt even if every one her slam Pams.

Comment

Lange fan as well. Price point discourages a lot of us to buy. Would love to own one in couple of years' time.

Everyone's entitiled to their opinions but to slam others for liking certain brands is not a cool thing to do

I'm a Panerai fan and pround to say so. Love the design and history. Even have to trim my collection coz I gotten carried away buying them.

Funny thing is that I have a Rolex GMT IIc sitting in my winder. It's been there since the day I bought it, absolutely no wrist time at all. Not that I don't like GMT IIc, just that PAM watches are hogging all the wrist time

Comment

Check out the responses from 'Ristis the world over in Paneristi on the same article... Therapeutic!

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
              Lange fan as well. Price point discourages a lot of us to buy. Would love to own one in couple of years' time.

Everyone's entitiled to their opinions but to slam others for liking certain brands is not a cool thing to do

I'm a Panerai fan and pround to say so. Love the design and history. Even have to trim my collection coz I gotten carried away buying them.

Funny thing is that I have a Rolex GMT IIc sitting in my winder. It's been there since the day I bought it, absolutely no wrist time at all. Not that I don't like GMT IIc, just that PAM watches are hogging all the wrist time
              A lange is also on my wish list and I am hunting for the correct variation before I pull the trigger. However, I still love the Pams that I have and they will not be replace...clown or not.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                Lange is a top notch movement brand....and its movement quality is way higher than Panerai. I have no doubt about this even thought I am a Pam fan. I am also a Lange Fan.

But, there is no need to slam Pam like this cos....they have different pros and cons...thus fitting into the diff market segments. So, it is perfectly viable that both are good to diff people at dif price points.

Think this guy has zil knowledge on marketing.

Last time, a dealer here will blast him for saying Pam is not good. He thinks the world of Pams. Now that his attention has shifted to vintage Rolex, things will not erupt even if every one her slam Pams.
                weird. Sometime ago that someone was slaming rolex as losing money n pam is the only way to go. U sure he now back into rolex lol. Ironic.

Guys, dun bother with askmen stuff. Lots of pure nonesance in that webbie. Just read for entertainment.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  weird. Sometime ago that someone was slaming rolex as losing money n pam is the only way to go. U sure he now back into rolex lol. Ironic.

Guys, dun bother with askmen stuff. Lots of pure nonesance in that webbie. Just read for entertainment.
                  This shows you how the words of dealers must be taken with a huge pinch of salt. haha. Check VRM for all his recently venture into the brand he slammed just last year. Ok...better stop talking about others lest those people very sensitive and think I was talking about them

Comment

I think the writer is absolutely right.
                    So, please, all of you Pam owners, pass me your 203, 127, 217, 190 etc ...
                    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                    three times is enemy action and
                    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                      I think the writer is absolutely right.
                      So, please, all of you Pam owners, pass me your 203, 127, 217, 190 etc ...
                      Aiyah, you beat me to it.

Hey Everyone! I'm accepting unwanted PAMs too

Comment

Suddenly, so many kind souls appearing to adopt unwanted watches.

Ok. I am trading my unwanted Pams for Lange then....super deal 2 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          Suddenly, so many kind souls appearing to adopt unwanted watches.

Ok. I am trading my unwanted Pams for Lange then....super deal 2 to 1.
                          Thank You Sir. I know I'm doing a good deed.

My Lange is chiong one. Can exchange? LOLOL... Just Kidding Sir!

Comment

sad thing is...these non WIS take his crap as gospel...and actually eat it up...

he is creating page views...and not really a good thing...

his other posts are often funny...I read it and discard...and same with this one...
                            [IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Sux6ZMI5otI/AAAAAAAABhk/Bv5v76Cu-XI/s144/logo_patek_2-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2mDcl8I/AAAAAAAABg8/E2v2rB9n3hA/s400/RolexBannerSig.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/Suxz2jLKpdI/AAAAAAAABhA/T-KvkGpuicc/s800/Panerai_company_logo.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5jfHTeu2z_E/S-Tqlsrv5hI/AAAAAAAAHdg/HQ0ZspcewzY/s144/watch_logo_omega.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by dilutedmagnetics View Post
                              Thank You Sir. I know I'm doing a good deed.

My Lange is chiong one. Can exchange? LOLOL... Just Kidding Sir!
                              Sure can exchange. I go find a chiong Pam first...not very difficult to find.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X