X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnfish spot on! post #4. upz..
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

Would have bought this if it wasn't in denmark: http://www.watches.de/en/brand/5218-...me_2009_03_06# very far!
      This thread went offshore to the OP's question but it became more interesting. Not saying the OP's query isn't.

To a more serious note, vintage watches have now demanded premium prices especially before the recession is mainly due to its rarity.. but as the other member said it became that way due to a loads of other reasons too. This is not only apparent in Panerai but to Rolex as well. Hmmm.. those two are actually partners during the 50s-70s and those watches made by them in that span belongs to a museum or to a very rich guy's house.

Comment

Pam2 Q" ...ended in Horizon...LOL!

Originally posted by hilbero View Post
        Would have bought this if it wasn't in denmark: http://www.watches.de/en/brand/5218-...me_2009_03_06# very far!
        This thread went offshore to the OP's question but it became more interesting. Not saying the OP's query isn't.

To a more serious note, vintage watches have now demanded premium prices especially before the recession is mainly due to its rarity.. but as the other member said it became that way due to a loads of other reasons too. This is not only apparent in Panerai but to Rolex as well. Hmmm.. those two are actually partners during the 50s-70s and those watches made by them in that span belongs to a museum or to a very rich guy's house.
        Oh I'm sorry for Performance original thread be hyjacked > From Pam2D to horizon.But since damage is already done but good education....might as well >>

Does the Pre A series wif t-swiss-t construct the same way a tritium applied to the dial on Pre.Vedome ? I dare say no,beside the similar font used on index 12,3,6,9 .They look more like a Mt. faber next to Mt.Fuji

When talk about Vintage Pam,I fully agree they are only rightful belong in Museum & to the rich>

Btw, those vintage were purchased by a collector at 25-32K USD about 5 yrs back. :Come come show me the money !! Kekeke

Comment

Whoa John, All excellent examples of the real original watches, jesus I hope they keep those lcoked up in a dark safe or in a dark place. I can imagine those could fetch a pretty penny even in those hard money times. I think more and mroe of these kinds of examples are going to come out of closets in Europe and be sold with the conditions there getting worse. Fine investments indeed.

How many of those beauties belong to you John, I woud be happy just to own one of those pieces of history.

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
            Whoa John, All excellent examples of the real original watches, jesus I hope they keep those lcoked up in a dark safe or in a dark place. I can imagine those could fetch a pretty penny even in those hard money times. I think more and mroe of these kinds of examples are going to come out of closets in Europe and be sold with the conditions there getting worse. Fine investments indeed.

How many of those beauties belong to you John, I woud be happy just to own one of those pieces of history.
            R U nuts !! Spending such trash watch for tis kind of money...might not telling good time .That's what I said to myself I'm just too poor to ever afford SLY tech Submersible 5218-205A offered at only 14k USD then. LOL !!! But I feel happy for my friend/collector.The pair offered to him is 30-40% cheaper than what Feretti is selling. He get all the last laught now on looking back. Kekeke "

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
              R U nuts !! Spending such trash watch for tis kind of money...might not telling good time .That's what I said to myself I'm just too poor to ever afford SLY tech Submersible 5218-205A offered at only 14k USD then. LOL !!! But I feel happy for my friend/collector.The pair offered to him is 30-40% cheaper than what Feretti is selling. He get all the last laught now on looking back. Kekeke "
              Yes your collector friend did get the last laugh, and this is what is projected in the future, that the pre-movements are all going to be the big money collector items. You can see now how just about any Pre-Vendome that comes on the market now days at a decent price pretty much goes quickly. Personally I would use Pre-Vendome and Pre A's and A's as safe queens to only come out every now and then but the B's I would use as an every day watch. Save the IWC's for those greeasy dirty jobs around the house. Save the PAM's for when our current 2 year old is ready to appreciate a fine watch and the history behind it.

Comment

Collector or investor??

Yes your collector friend did get the last laugh, and this is what is projected in the future, that the pre-movements are all going to be the big money collector items. You can see now how just about any Pre-Vendome that comes on the market now days at a decent price pretty much goes quickly. Personally I would use Pre-Vendome and Pre A's and A's as safe queens to only come out every now and then but the B's I would use as an every day watch. Save the IWC's for those greeasy dirty jobs around the house. Save the PAM's for when our current 2 year old is ready to appreciate a fine watch and the history behind it.
                Something still fasinate me how to define tis word: "Collector". I think I'm can only cliam to be watchlover, reason is I only buy watches that I fond of ,can afford one without broke into family piggybank. Be it Branded costing over 10k or those going couple of hundreds like Seiko/Citizen. Should the true collector refered to those who buy wif first intention as keeper or only source those wif protential of commanding high $$$ profit return. Watch collectors of tis group should be classify as investor IMO....Agree? Care to share ur veiw bro?

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                  Something still fasinate me how to define tis word: "Collector". I think I'm can only cliam to be watchlover, reason is I only buy watches that I fond of ,can afford one without broke into family piggybank. Be it Branded costing over 10k or those going couple of hundreds like Seiko/Citizen. Should the true collector refered to those who buy wif first intention as keeper or only source those wif protential of commanding high $$$ profit return. Watch collectors of tis group should be classify as investor IMO....Agree? Care to share ur veiw bro?

I think that collecting/investing in what you truly like is good but do it with a thought in mind to the profit potential at the end of the day. I personally love the PAM PVD's, the logo models and do not mind spending on them, they will go up in value.

As for the Slytech 205A you mentioned earlier, even though it is relatively a good value at that price and there were only 95 of them made so they are quite scarce, I would not buy it because it does not appeal to me.

Comment

I think that collecting/investing in what you truly like is good but do it with a thought in mind to the profit potential at the end of the day. I personally love the PAM PVD's, the logo models and do not mind spending on them, they will go up in value.

As for the Slytech 205A you mentioned earlier, even though it is relatively a good value at that price and there were only 95 of them made so they are quite scarce, I would not buy it because it does not appeal to me.
                    I agree on ur saying... bring out good point on how important on picking one we like yet increase in value is truely a bonus " Pre.Vendome in PVD like 202A,203A is like god send.But come to strap is pain in the ass. LOL !!Best alternative for everyday dressup has to be Pre.A & A/B . Cheers

Comment

Thanks for sharing those pics john!

So your collector friend owns these? Let me swap my left kidney on one of them, as I only need one kidney to live anyway. I bet ernieh will do the same thing.

I am far from being an expert on these Panerais but that prototype radiomir; that's an angelus movement with alarm done by Rolex for Panerai right? It doesn't have any engraving at all, I wonder how the service center can check its authenticity and I am sure that watch doesn't have box and papers. This should be in the museum anyways as really rich history with wars, navy, have gone thru that watch! Or maybe the owner has his own museum at home.

Comment

So your collector friend owns these? Let me swap my left kidney on one of them, as I only need one kidney to live anyway. I bet ernieh will do the same thing.

I am far from being an expert on these Panerais but that prototype radiomir; that's an angelus movement with alarm done by Rolex for Panerai right? It doesn't have any engraving at all, I wonder how the service center can check its authenticity and I am sure that watch doesn't have box and papers. This should be in the museum anyways as really rich history with wars, navy, have gone thru that watch! Or maybe the owner has his own museum at home.
                        Rolex will not accept to provide service & authencity check wif any form of unauthorise modify done their watches.The only 2 panerai to be qualify as Rolex/Panerai are 2533, 3646.

As we do know Panerai was never a watchmaking company since the day it started bussiness. They never produce movt. that found on any Panerai make & use by italian navy during WW2. Those 5612 angelus found on luminor & few prototype radiomir fixed wif sandwich dial was entirely designed by Panerai. Order thru panerai were fixed wif California dial & one rare baton dial found on 2533. On much later batch ...Angulus were introduce source by Rolex on requested by panerai for special need. Rolex indeed involved to the Movt.mod. but were never fix wif Panerai Radiomir sandwich dial. It was all reworked by panerai using a thicker bezel ring.Hope tis help.
                        Now come to WW2 documentary, I was never a historian, so I leave it to those expert from Italy / German friends to tell a more adventurous tale
                        behind those vintage. Cheers

Comment

Sori typo :is OP 6152 instead.

Comment

Top notch guru views from someone who really knows Pam....that's what's makes watch collection so fasinating.

John Bro...you are a collector lah.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              Top notch guru views from someone who really knows Pam....that's what's makes watch collection so fasinating.

John Bro...you are a collector lah.
                              Ok ok I'm small tiny one... I better swim deep under., wait i endup as tis speedy falcon alemak goreng ikan LOL !! Kekeke

Comment

Hilbero, start your own Museum, there are more around and in better shape.

http://market.watchprosite.com/?show...ivate%20seller

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X