Is there a PVD version of Pam 2D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
    Actually John, the Pre 4A''s with a t-swiss-t are around but at a premium price of 43k to 50,000 USD, you do not mind at that price....
    Any pic to show ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
      Any pic to show ?

Not in my house, oh but I wish. I do see them around every now and then and I'll copy the link if I see one and PM you. Why do you beleive them to be so rare?

Comment

Not in my house, oh but I wish. I do see them around every now and then and I'll copy the link if I see one and PM you. Why do you beleive them to be so rare?
        ok still trying to guess & understand ur cliam here.A friend/someone offer u Pre 4A at the price coded. My honest advise is dun feel excited about it .. Unless he is referring to Pre Vendome 94' Luminor Marina PVD 5218/203 which I hope 40-50K in USD !!! Whaaa Crocodile lah "

Comment

John, What I was referring to is a Pre 4A, one of 235 Pre 4A's supposedly made in 1997 and some were distributed with the earlier t-swiss-t dial and some where distributed with the later t swiss t dial.

Comment

Continued from my post above:

John, What I was referring to is a Pre 4A, one of 235 Pre 4A's supposedly made in 1997 and some were distributed with the earlier t-swiss-t dial and some where distributed with the later t swiss t dial. From what I am seeing on the net, with asking prices these are going for a premium price, the Pre 4 A with a t swiss t dial can be had for about 13 to 14k Euro but the same watch made with the older t-swiss-t dial are going for anywhere from 20 to 25k Euro.

Comment

John, What I was referring to is a Pre 4A, one of 235 Pre 4A's supposedly made in 1997 and some were distributed with the earlier t-swiss-t dial and some where distributed with the later t swiss t dial.
              Ok thx for clarification Bro ErnieH . Wif disposible cash of 43-50k USD can get me a true 93' pre Vendome Luminor Logo 5218/201A wif some change.... still too rich for my blood IMO. But there r new millionaire born every day , so good luck to his sale Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                Ok thx for clarification Bro ErnieH . Wif disposible cash of 43-50k USD can get me a true 93' pre Vendome Luminor Logo 5218/201A wif some change.... still too rich for my blood IMO. But there r new millionaire born every day , so good luck to his sale Cheers

Sure John it is easy to get a Pre Vendome Luminor Logo 5218/201A with a rating of 99% for less than 30k to 35K USD. Here is a link for one rated at 97% for less than 33k USD http://www.watches.de/en/brand/5218-...ome_2009_03_06

You have to remember that they made about 890 pieces of the 201A where as they only made 140 of the 202A and 200 pcs of the 203A. And when it comes to the Pre A's they made about the same a few hundred and even less of the Pre 4A with the t-swiss-t dial.

Comment

What will be interesting John is when these prices especially the Vendome and the Pre A's will go back up because they only came down due to America's and Europe's problems and some fo the big money dried up.

Comment

T-swiss-T is definitely a rarer find than T swiss T.....plus the numbers are fatter.

Thus a PreA with the former will commend more than one with the latter dial.

But bare in mind, they are all still tritium. Some will spent much more for 2 small hyphens though.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                      T-swiss-T is definitely a rarer find than T swiss T.....plus the numbers are fatter.

Thus a PreA with the former will commend more than one with the latter dial.

But bare in mind, they are all still tritium. Some will spent much more for 2 small hyphens though.
                      the more rare, the more expensive they are to acquire.

Comment

the more rare, the more expensive they are to acquire.
                        Not true in all cases...

Some very rare Pams are not doing well. Take the 172, rare 300 pieces in tantalum but they were selling below list for a long time. 190 is not very rare (2050 pieces) but prices kept up well.

Another example....217 is rarer than 127 but 127 always commend a higher price.....contrary to the trend with other destro.

So, value is linked to both demand and rarity. And demand can be influenced by a whole load of things.

Comment

Eye vs Ear... Which is more truste??

Not true in all cases...

Some very rare Pams are not doing well. Take the 172, rare 300 pieces in tantalum but they were selling below list for a long time. 190 is not very rare (2050 pieces) but prices kept up well.

Another example....217 is rarer than 127 but 127 always commend a higher price.....contrary to the trend with other destro.

So, value is linked to both demand and rarity. And demand can be influenced by a whole load of things.
                          I ask myself tis simple Q many times :
                          Do I use" See to love " or "Hear to love"?
                          My old answer remain unchanged >> My Truste pair of Eyes lead the way for True Love !!

Comment

Not true in all cases...

Very true, I did not take demand in to consideration when making my broad statement.

That being said, what do you believe will happen with the 339, that and the 317 are the only 2 decently priced out of the 2010 releases that I would care to pay for and own. I expect both to increase in value in the coming years. The 317 is still very much over the current MSRP amd the 339 is only coming out this month or next but we can only hope it stays in a decent price range to pick one up before the price starts to take off north.

Comment

"Guru_Ku flown & dive wif the speed of a Falcon"

Not true in all cases...

Whaa I'm still in shock my Guru bro BRAVO !!!

Comment

Very true, I did not take demand in to consideration when making my broad statement.

That being said, what do you believe will happen with the 339, that and the 317 are the only 2 decently priced out of the 2010 releases that I would care to pay for and own. I expect both to increase in value in the coming years. The 317 is still very much over the current MSRP amd the 339 is only coming out this month or next but we can only hope it stays in a decent price range to pick one up before the price starts to take off north.
                                2 reasons that 317 and 339 will stay high...as least for near future.

1. Rarity and it may be artificial as the material is not rare just that Panerai is not mass producing lots of watches with them. Just like AP's forged carbon.

2. Hype! Enough said. Property, watch, designer bags.....

Prices will come down once Panerai introduce more watches in such material and the hype dies down.....look at Milgass GV, ceramic 292, ceramic bezel GMTIIc. Prices should reflect worth of material (like platinum, WG, RG for Pateks) but even that is not always true (eg TT daytona VS SS Daytona).
                                One more ceavat....whether panerai will want to use more composite and make more 339 or introduce more watches made with composite/ceramic is anybody's guess. Do they want to milk the sacred cow till it's no longer sacred or continue to make people lust like a sexy Halle Berry and never strip (in this case flippers can milk)? Only AB knows.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X