Straps without tubes ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straps without tubes ok?

Hi. I find it easier to change straps without tubes and seem to be not so tight on lugs without tubes as well. Is there a disadvantage to use straps without tubes? Thanks.

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
    Hi. I find it easier to change straps without tubes and seem to be not so tight on lugs without tubes as well. Is there a disadvantage to use straps without tubes? Thanks.
    tubes are meant for screw-in models ie. Panerai Historic models. Not really for "quick strap change" models,cos they will not be "unscrew" from friction.

Comment

i thought the tubes also serve as a easy means to change strap. pardon me if im wrong.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

The tubes are there to keep the shape of loops, so it's better not to remove unless you find that you cannot insert the lug pins.

For Rads, there is a "collar" that connects the 2 halves of the lug pins. Most of the time, the tubes aren't big enough to accomodate the collar. So for Rads, no choice but to remove the tubes.

Hope this helps and wear your PAMs in good health

Comment

Originally posted by dilutedmagnetics View Post
          The tubes are there to keep the shape of loops, so it's better not to remove unless you find that you cannot insert the lug pins.

For Rads, there is a "collar" that connects the 2 halves of the lug pins. Most of the time, the tubes aren't big enough to accomodate the collar. So for Rads, no choice but to remove the tubes.

Hope this helps and wear your PAMs in good health
          sisto is rite,some wanna leave the tubes there in the strap to maintain "miao diao" at the loops...

Comment

Simple.

Luminor = use tubes.
            Radiomir = no tubes.

Comment

"Safety First" Go wif Tube

The main purpose to have tis tube is for prevention purpose.A screw insert into tube for free play....so to ensure no loosing screw thread cause by direct grip movement/rotation cause by the strap overtimes.

Comment

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Using qiuck release on my PAM but find that tubes on certain straps are very tight fit, that's why prefer without tubes. Maybe will look around for better fitting tubes. Hopefully JWWatch, etc should have tubes for sale.

Comment

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Using qiuck release on my PAM but find that tubes on certain straps are very tight fit, that's why prefer without tubes. Maybe will look around for better fitting tubes. Hopefully JWWatch, etc should have tubes for sale.
                  U may dip few drops of vaseline at the tube or the the strap hole do help.

Comment

Tube, no tube...

Bro GadgetGuy,

For me, no diff with or without tubes.
                    For a relatively brand new strap that grips your lug pin tightly, if you go w/o the tubes, watch for unscrewing action at the lug ends for the traditional "lug screw in" Pam models.

80% of my straps, no tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by golanheights View Post
                      Bro GadgetGuy,

For me, no diff with or without tubes.
                      For a relatively brand new strap that grips your lug pin tightly, if you go w/o the tubes, watch for unscrewing action at the lug ends for the traditional "lug screw in" Pam models.

80% of my straps, no tubes.
                      U handle pams long enough, I've no worry for Lau Ciao bro But pls be very care dealing case wif quick-release type. By high chance that direct rubbing against strap leather too often, leather particles may jam the bearing mechanism inside. Than.... "it gonna be Nightmate leh" why take chance right"

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                        U handle pams long enough, I've no worry for Lau Ciao bro But pls be very care dealing case wif quick-release type. By high chance that direct rubbing against strap leather too often, leather particles may jam the bearing mechanism inside. Than.... "it gonna be Nightmate leh" why take chance right"
                        yesh you're rite abt the leather particles goes into the lobang and jam the mechanism. (if the "quick change system" rosak Mr Ho will Say HOSAY! RSC will tell you have to replace new case wanna guess how much is a replacement case? ) But for ppl like us, we change the strap like changing our underwear everyday so this is no issue...

Comment

"Brush your teeths after every meal"=Use tube on straps change.

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          yesh you're rite abt the leather particles goes into the lobang and jam the mechanism. (if the "quick change system" rosak Mr Ho will Say HOSAY! RSC will tell you have to replace new case wanna guess how much is a replacement case? ) But for ppl like us, we change the strap like changing our underwear everyday so this is no issue...
                          U get better pic. after tis close-up >>

SEE! Trust all fish ..is good for health Kekekee

Comment

Wow! Ok, will be using tubes!

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                              U get better pic. after tis close-up >>

SEE! Trust all fish ..is good for health Kekekee
                              those leather particle must have got push by the lug pin when inserting thru the leather strap....where my tubessssssssss!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X