Panerai authentication on weekends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai authentication on weekends

understand richmont is only opened on weekdays..so shd i need to authenticate panerais' genuinty on weekends, where can i do it and how much it would cost?

would i get a certicate of authentication?

thanks

Originally posted by foofam77 View Post
    understand richmont is only opened on weekdays..so shd i need to authenticate panerais' genuinty on weekends, where can i do it and how much it would cost?

would i get a certicate of authentication?

thanks
    Short answer is no where.

No one else except richemont can issue you with a certificate that others will believe.

Comment

foofam77, for panerai it is still very difficult to fake. because there are certificate number, watch number, movement number, sticker number, cosc movement number. If its no paper no box , then .....different story.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
        foofam77, for panerai it is still very difficult to fake. because there are certificate number, watch number, movement number, sticker number, cosc movement number. If its no paper no box , then .....different story.
        so many numbers, bet on them as 4D also broke but not all the numbers can be seen from "outside" right ? Still need expert to "open" it up.
        cHeErS ... Red Devil

Past:
        1. Rolex Sub ND (14060M - F series)
        2. Ball Mad Cow

Present:
        1. Rolex SS DJ (116200 - M series)
        2. Rolex TT Blue Sub (16613 - M series)
        3. Rolex White Dial Explorer 2 (16570 - V series)
        4. Glycine Incursore 46mm automatic
        5. Tissot V8 41mm

Future aka Wishlist:
        1. PAM (0, 5, 111, 112 or 104)
        2. Deepsea

Comment

Now I know the answer, was just asking a member particularly about this. Too bad they are also closed on saturdays.

Comment

I believe Passions could do it for you on the weekends, worth a phone call to ask if possible and the cost of it and they are open on weekends.

Comment

Red Devil, I will consider meaningful if watches with COSC might need to open up the Pam to verify. Whereas the base model only has the case number and OP number to tally with the movement sticker. And that is it. Btw, if the warranty card is unfilled, there is nothing to verify.
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

Case number = OP number right? How about authenticating shadow or prototype models of panerai? Some do not have any numbers engraved at all.

Comment

I guess so OP number is case number. Shadow and unreleased Panerai, nice ... Then they will need to ask Italy. Don't Singapore Richmont can get you a certificate of authencity so quickly.

I think only. Please feel to correct me ..
                  I own a Rolex !

Comment

From my own reading of such articles, it has been said that shadow and prototype of different Panerai models are not really made for sale to the public but somehow made its way to the market after some years.

They were really made for exhibitions/displays and the like only. Both Pre-Vendome and Vendome eras have their share.
                    This is one of the early prototypes [pre-vendome ofcourse]:

This kind of models do not have #s engraved on them.. I think they were released for Panerai to have a feel if they will go on with its regular production of such model. Some made it, some not.. e.g. the SLOB model which is a vendome era model. They do not have #s engraved and from what I have read they do not come with papers as they are intended as "display" models only. But from what I have read the vendome era prototypes have movement#s engraved, so need to be opened.

I think in-depth discussion of these type of "special" models but not special editions should be done in a new thread thou.

Comment

Actually there is a PAM SLOB for sale at a price of 120k USD on one of the high end sites, it did have an official letter from Panerai with the details fo the watch and said it had been sod to one of it's employees. Let me try and find the link.

Comment

Sorry I was wrong, he wants 135k USD for it and here is a description:

Description

Hello Everyone,

Available for sale is the Panerai code named "SLOB", a prototype piece developed by Panerai in 1998, considered to be the first ever Prototype developed by Post Vendome Panerai, never available for sale to the general public.

It is the only watch made by Panerai with a Bronze case and dial, the case is PVD coated, the first Post Vendome Panerai to incorporate Titanium components. Domed Plexiglass. The case is 43mm vs. the common 44mm.Comes with its original Calfskin strap and PVD Pre-Vendome style buckle which can be considered the only one of its kind, new OEM Military Tan strap with standard OEM PVD buckle. Comes with a Certificate from Officine Panerai validating the piece and a large S.E Panerai box. Panerai planned to make 10 pieces of this Prototype for testing but only 5 were made and this piece is believed to be the only one in Private Hands.

Comment

That's what I have read that prototype and shadow models are either for display purposes or given to a Panerai employee and most do not have box and papers. If you can see on the example you gave.. the "certificate" being referred to is dated 2006 while the watch was made in 1998. Meaning the seller doesn't have the original papers to begin with. --if it does exist. These types of Panerai watches when leaked to the market do really demand high prices due to exclusivity and rarity.

For 135kUS$ I atleast want to see the movement.. but that doesn't mean I'll take it. Even if I wanted to I can't Maybe I need to work in Panerai.

Comment

Folks, great insight. There are Ghost models too
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by hilbero View Post
                              That's what I have read that prototype and shadow models are either for display purposes or given to a Panerai employee and most do not have box and papers. If you can see on the example you gave.. the "certificate" being referred to is dated 2006 while the watch was made in 1998. Meaning the seller doesn't have the original papers to begin with. --if it does exist. These types of Panerai watches when leaked to the market do really demand high prices due to exclusivity and rarity.

For 135kUS$ I atleast want to see the movement.. but that doesn't mean I'll take it. Even if I wanted to I can't Maybe I need to work in Panerai.

As you point out the watch was made in 98 but the letter written in 06, maybe it was part of his retirement package or maybe it was his retirement package.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X