jai guru deva om .. ..

Originally posted by bing View Post
    hi bros & sis, XNKL, GXFC, STJK, HA!

wonder if i can get quick answers here?

qn: "which pam currently comes with painted dial?"
    qn2: "is there a yr where all pams switched to snadwich dial?"
    I need ur imagination here bro,
    1# Painted dial = A girl in sweet sixteen "
    2# Sandwich dial = That sweety has grown to become a beautiful lady" "Got it !!!

Comment

I had always thought that PAM00 is using painted dial.

Am I right?

Comment

Dun quite understand the Analogy of Sweet 16, but wld prefer Painted Dial anytime thou.......

Zero & Fiver uses Painted Dial all these while........

Pam 112 & 111 (Post G-series) switched from Painted to Sandwich.......

Comment

Originally posted by 79ersz View Post
          Dun quite understand the Analogy of Sweet 16, but wld prefer Painted Dial anytime thou.......

Zero & Fiver uses Painted Dial all these while........

Pam 112 & 111 (Post G-series) switched from Painted to Sandwich.......
          Ha ha " My thousand apology to the above Bros. I got ur Q all like Scramble Eggs liao
          Ok go ahead real hard on my head to butt " Must be the great Wine I had during the noon GG session.
          #Yes bro both Zero & Fiver still wif painted dial.
          #Is the 112 & 111 that upgraded to Sandwich from "G' series lah. Hee hee

Comment

I prefer Painted dials to Sandwich on luminors.

On Radiomirs, sandwich are alright.

Comment

Love painted dials Anyway, you can't go wrong with a PAM regardless whether it's Painted or Sandwich

Comment

Let me c.

Current painted dials?

Key examples:
                A no of the contemporary autos eg. 104, 88, 90 etc.
                The two famous logo pams, 0 & 5.

Switch?.. as per above bros' contributions. Key: 111 & 112.

Both painted and sandwich have their appeals, IMHO.

Comment

painted dials

Hi everyone
                  wish you a happy chinese new year

ever read an articles sometimes ago about the differences between sandwiches and painted dials, hopefully i can find that article again, is really useful and explain very clearly with diagrams

from what i know, both the sandwich and painted dial almost the same, just that the amount of glowing material being used...by the way, that's just my two cents, is hard to explain by text without the diagrams

will get back to this soon
                  cheets

Comment

pam 5 still painted dial? y my pam05k like sandwich dial? i mean i have pam 190 before i know it sandwich dial very obvious but this pam05k that i have now is like the markings is not protruded out but just inside the dial but not as obvious as pam190. pls advise tks

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                      pam 5 still painted dial? y my pam05k like sandwich dial? i mean i have pam 190 before i know it sandwich dial very obvious but this pam05k that i have now is like the markings is not protruded out but just inside the dial but not as obvious as pam190. pls advise tks
                      Is it due to cost cutting, less "paint" more profit?
                      Just kidding. I prefer the painted dial too. It look gave the watch a vintage look. Sandwich dial is nice too, all is pesonal preference.
                      Like some man like older woman, some like underage- ops I mean younger lady.

Btw is there a painted rad (not those pre v)?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                        Is it due to cost cutting, less "paint" more profit?
                        Just kidding. I prefer the painted dial too. It look gave the watch a vintage look. Sandwich dial is nice too, all is pesonal preference.
                        Like some man like older woman, some like underage- ops I mean younger lady.

Btw is there a painted rad (not those pre v)?
                        Bro. If I am not wrong. 183G is painted. Not sure when it turned sandwich. Maybe from H like 111 and 112. So, 183G is always a little more popular than the others.

Comment

the truth

i managed to find this article in an Hong Kong forum
                          for those who can understand chinese would be good, it explain everything about painted and sandwich dials, have time, i will try to translate them into English for everyone preferences

http://www28.discuss.com.hk/viewthre...extra=page%3D2

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                            Bro. If I am not wrong. 183G is painted. Not sure when it turned sandwich. Maybe from H like 111 and 112. So, 183G is always a little more popular than the others.
                            Not true bro! Pam 183 construct wif sandwich dial from the very first series till current..No Change at all.

<<<The difference construction between a painted & Sandwich : >>>

#Painted Dial Pam Zero, Fiver >
                            The numeric + baton marker were using hydraulic machine press onto the dial emboss out the shape to be fill wif luminous compound to complete the process.

------------------------------------

#Sandwich Dial is constructed invoid wif 2 separate disc >
                            Disc #1 is painted matt black wif all numberic + baton marker area been cut thru.( See thru completely )
                            Disc #2 is filled completely wif luminous compound.
                            Final process is Disc #2(luminous dial) will be place under the Disc #1(matt black dial)
                            >>Hope I didn't cause any confusion here <<

Comment

Current Pam 0 , 5 uses the embedded dial just like the Pam 1b-L, Pam 1c-L and Pam 1d-L, and Pam 2b-L and etc. Pam 111-e, f, and g . Pam 112-e, f and g. To me, these are the real deal. Panerai won't make them anymore unless more special edn .. ZZZzz ZZzz .. Like the 26k.

the current Pam 104, 88, 90, and other contemporary styles adopted painted dial.

while the new age 111, 112 utilize sandwich dial, pretty straight forward as mentioned in the above replies.

The point is.. dial of zero, five cannot be compared with the contemporary range.
                              I own a Rolex !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X