Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different colour / tone of wooden box

Dear all Guru,

Have a question, why the tone of wooden box is different ?

The top is a K series the bottom is an E series.
    They are same size.

Is the wood used different or is 'ageing' ?

TIA

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
    Dear all Guru,

Have a question, why the tone of wooden box is different ?

The top is a K series the bottom is an E series.
    They are same size.

Is the wood used different or is 'ageing' ?

TIA
    All wood were cut from difference tree...apart from aging . Yes wood does turn darker over times just like a human. Take it easy hor

Comment

This is normal. Unless it is the A series box which is much darker.

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
        All wood were cut from difference tree...apart from aging . Yes wood does turn darker over times just like a human. Take it easy hor
        Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        This is normal. Unless it is the A series box which is much darker.
        The lighter tone is from an older series 'E'.
        All same size rite only 'A' is a shoe box (am i rite)

No wonder my face now have dark spot - i am showing sign of ageing.

Comment

Relaxing b4 a sumptuous dinner comes on..

With much time on hand this afternoon.. while waiting to join a fun and sumptuous reunion dinner.

Just to chip in on top of the two learned bros' comments, if u open up both boxes, and compare the chrome OP plate, U shld see that the fonts and sizes are about the same.

A fakie box - the fonts are different. They are thinner and taller. Check out the forums for details. Once in a while, in the accessories corner, someone tries to sell a fakie accessory etc, the very seasoned Ristis will call bluff from the pixs.

When I started out, I had "senior collectors" telling me then... "box can be faked.. watch out for the colour differences".. It got me a little edgy those days... each time I got a colour that was different from what I had, I tot "Bingo". After some time, I realised those folks were bs-ing me to appear knowledgeable.

Comment

Originally posted by golanheights View Post
            With much time on hand this afternoon.. while waiting to join a fun and sumptuous reunion dinner.

Just to chip in on top of the two learned bros' comments, if u open up both boxes, and compare the chrome OP plate, U shld see that the fonts and sizes are about the same.

A fakie box - the fonts are different. They are thinner and taller. Check out the forums for details. Once in a while, in the accessories corner, someone tries to sell a fakie accessory etc, the very seasoned Ristis will call bluff from the pixs.

When I started out, I had "senior collectors" telling me then... "box can be faked.. watch out for the colour differences".. It got me a little edgy those days... each time I got a colour that was different from what I had, I tot "Bingo". After some time, I realised those folks were bs-ing me to appear knowledgeable.
            we learnt much more especially after we have handled them...one will be able to tell if it's genuine or not. As for the tone/shades of color like what bro John mentioned,they will aged overtime. I have afew and they all have slight difference in color tone,none the same tone. But they shld not be too much of a difference though...than something is wrong.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X