panerai help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
    Take the 233 if you want manual, 270 if you want automatic.

Unfortunately, both models doesn't really have the cleanest dial as they have the PR indicator on the dial.

Black Dial Luminor with date and domed crystal.. guess my recommendation should be the closest match ba...

Consider to have lesser requirement...

312 - almost everything you want except domed crystal

if you delete date and domed crystal in your request list, you will have a lot to choose from.
    And both the 233 and 270 doesn't comes with black alligator straps .
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

The sapphire crystal on the 312 is not domed... only 233, 270 etc. is domed..
      U are right on!

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
        And both the 233 and 270 doesn't comes with black alligator straps .
        At least this can change....

Comment

i had a set of prerequisites when i was looking ard but i realised either the pams do not satisfy all or they r way above my budget.
          so i used my heart instead n ended up with what made me tick.
          hope you understand what i'm saying..

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
            Hi Spytrack, u seem to be inclined at the historic range of pams.. i think from your discriptions, a historic base model will suit u most.

However, some but not all of your discriptions will be appearing on the same watch though.

The historic line luminors are very clean faced, the ones with second sweeping hand are luminor marina's.. and the "glass magnifier bubble" is a domed crystal, featured on 1950's cased models. Check out Pam 312.

My luminor suggestions for you will be either a pam 0 (logo), which is the ultimate entry base model but steel caseback. A Pam 176, has all features u want plus display caseback except no domed crystal.

Marina's that might suit your liking are pam 005 (logo) steel caseback, 111 and 177 with display caseback. All no domed crystal.

If domed crystal is a definite must, then ur choices are much limited already for models still available thru dealers.

Do check out panerai website under catalogue, they actually do have everything.. what you don't see there prolly can't be found off the selves of AD's or boutiques anymore.. rare stuff from way back

Lastly, you would have to also decide on hand-wound or auto movement.. good luck on your Pam-hunt!
            I'm glad someone actually manages to put my requirements into something. I think i need to really see what exactly i am looking at.

I think for the domed crystal, it looked really classic and unique. That is the reason why i like it. In fact after looking at pam 312, it looks not too bad even without the domed crystal.

I guess i need to visit more shops and read and look around before getting it. Thanks for your sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
              Hi Spytrack, u seem to be inclined at the historic range of pams.. i think from your discriptions, a historic base model will suit u most.

However, some but not all of your discriptions will be appearing on the same watch though.

The historic line luminors are very clean faced, the ones with second sweeping hand are luminor marina's.. and the "glass magnifier bubble" is a domed crystal, featured on 1950's cased models. Check out Pam 312.

My luminor suggestions for you will be either a pam 0 (logo), which is the ultimate entry base model but steel caseback. A Pam 176, has all features u want plus display caseback except no domed crystal.

Marina's that might suit your liking are pam 005 (logo) steel caseback, 111 and 177 with display caseback. All no domed crystal.

If domed crystal is a definite must, then ur choices are much limited already for models still available thru dealers.

Do check out panerai website under catalogue, they actually do have everything.. what you don't see there prolly can't be found off the selves of AD's or boutiques anymore.. rare stuff from way back

Lastly, you would have to also decide on hand-wound or auto movement.. good luck on your Pam-hunt!
              Take the 233 if you want manual, 270 if you want automatic.

Unfortunately, both models doesn't really have the cleanest dial as they have the PR indicator on the dial.

Black Dial Luminor with date and domed crystal.. guess my recommendation should be the closest match ba...

Consider to have lesser requirement...

312 - almost everything you want except domed crystal

if you delete date and domed crystal in your request list, you will have a lot to choose from.
              I think you are almost right.. i seems to be looking at the 312k but seems to missed out something. Now i know, it's the domed crystal. I really feel comfortable with it. Anyone know the price and where to get it locally? (that would be the next factor of consideration i guess ) Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinner View Post
                i had a set of prerequisites when i was looking ard but i realised either the pams do not satisfy all or they r way above my budget.
                so i used my heart instead n ended up with what made me tick.
                hope you understand what i'm saying..
                It seems that you feel like we are singing the same tune. In fact, that's how i felt. So can i say, visit the shop, feel the real thing and go with the feel. That will never be wrong. Right?

I'm curious, which model you end up with.. (if convenient to say). Anyway thanks for the pointers.

Comment

Haha

At least this can change....
                  Haha , yap at least can change , not too expensive if you consider the price of the 233 and 270 .
                  Focal JM_Labs .
                  "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                  Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                  Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                  Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                  Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                  Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                  Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                  Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                  Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                  Cartier Santos 100XL
                  Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by spytrack View Post
                    I think you are almost right.. i seems to be looking at the 312k but seems to missed out something. Now i know, it's the domed crystal. I really feel comfortable with it. Anyone know the price and where to get it locally? (that would be the next factor of consideration i guess ) Thanks.
                    Retail price at SGD9850, if I am not wrong. Quite some bros here selling in garage section. Check it out.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X