No announcement yet.

As a first PAM, 000 or 219??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't go wrong with either IWC Chrono or PAM 0. IWC slightly more dressier than PAM 0, both without dates, IWC more expensive than PAM 0, IWC's auto while PAM 0 manual winding.

I got myself a PAM instead of IWC as PAM can be worn differently depending on occassion simply by changing straps

Comment

Nice combo

Originally posted by dilutedmagnetics View Post
      Here's my IWC Portuguese Chrono... very different from PAMs. Prices is twice of PAM 000 and slightly more than the PAM 219.

Very dressy

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
        Very dressy
        Thank you Fred

Comment

Here's my IWC Portuguese Chrono... very different from PAMs. Prices is twice of PAM 000 and slightly more than the PAM 219.

Hmmmm.... I like !Should I consider to get an IWC too?

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
            Keke from all your posts i think it will take a lot for you to veer away from pam.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
              Yes, yes, yes Pat.

Follow me to my AD. I get 20% discount.

The IWC Boutique at the ION only gives 17%

Comment

Yes, yes, yes Pat.

Follow me to my AD. I get 20% discount.

The IWC Boutique at the ION only gives 17%
                Portofinos are hardly found here. But I have to say they really are nice! DM you must have gotten a good price on yours. My friend got hers in Switzerland... almost 5k i think... to make things worse, it was not the chrono version lol...

Comment

A comparison... PAM 312 and IWC Portuguese Chrono...

My babies at the AD's. Was picking up my 312 and wore my IWC to the shop. The orange strap on my IWC is an OEM that I ordered from the AD. I changed the strap myself using a Bergeon screwdriver...

Comment

Portuguese, not portofino

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                    Portofinos are hardly found here. But I have to say they really are nice! DM you must have gotten a good price on yours. My friend got hers in Switzerland... almost 5k i think... to make things worse, it was not the chrono version lol...
                    Mine's a Portuguese not a Portofino, so the price is 5 figures SGD...

The largest size Portofino's only 38mm, too small for my liking, so I chose the Portuguese instead

Comment

Nice one DM

Nice Protuguese chrono DM,

What about a Big pilot or a Portuguese 7 days? The movement is nice and don't have to wind for a week!

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        Nice Protuguese chrono DM,

What about a Big pilot or a Portuguese 7 days? The movement is nice and don't have to wind for a week!
                        Thanks for the recommendations KuchingKu.

The BP is too big for me.

For the 7 days, the sub-dials are on the 3 and 9 position. I already have a PAM chrono with sub-dials in that arrangement.

So I got the Portuguese chrono with sub-dials on the 6 and 12 positions...

Comment

yeah. dont need to wind. was @ richemont where someone brought in a 7 days and commented that the accuracy is lost towards when left with 1-2days PR.

alternatively can get lange 31. dont need to wind for 1 month. best.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

The movement is nice and don't have to wind for a week!
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

BP too big for u? is the port 7 also deem to big as well?

looking @ your comments, it seems that asethetics on dial is weighs heavier than functions.

The BP is too big for me.

For the 7 days, the sub-dials are on the 3 and 9 position. I already have a PAM chrono with sub-dials in that arrangement.

So I got the Portuguese chrono with sub-dials on the 6 and 12 positions...

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              BP too big for u? is the port 7 also deem to big as well?

looking @ your comments, it seems that asethetics on dial is weighs heavier than functions.

Different strokes for different folks... that's all I'll comment on my choices...

Comment

Different strokes for different folks... that's all I'll comment on my choices...

Agree. And I am a sucker for PR and a non-chrono person. It just ticks me to see the watch running and running.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X