As a first PAM, 000 or 219??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
    You can't go wrong with either IWC Chrono or PAM 0. IWC slightly more dressier than PAM 0, both without dates, IWC more expensive than PAM 0, IWC's auto while PAM 0 manual winding.

I got myself a PAM instead of IWC as PAM can be worn differently depending on occassion simply by changing straps
    Well said Pam is versatile in that sense

Dino

Comment

i agree with you. no worries about it. each of us have our own preference.

just curious that is all. nevertheless, it is a great watch to have in collection.

Originally posted by dilutedmagnetics View Post
      Different strokes for different folks... that's all I'll comment on my choices...
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

a perpetual calendar?

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
        Agree. And I am a sucker for PR and a non-chrono person. It just ticks me to see the watch running and running.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

PAM

Comment

I can see why you will consider the pam 0. The logo does make it look slightly different from the rest and it is a really nice entry piece. Prices are decent too. In fact they have dropped. So this is a good time to pick one up. The 219 is nice too. Affordable destro. But the gurus here told me that hardcore pammies will eventually get a destro and well since you are looking for a first one, you prob do not fall into that category. If you have a buget of 8.5k, perhaps you can consider the 312 too. prices have softened and that is one nice watch with an in-house movt! heh

Comment

wrong

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
              I can see why you will consider the pam 0. The logo does make it look slightly different from the rest and it is a really nice entry piece. Prices are decent too. In fact they have dropped. So this is a good time to pick one up. The 219 is nice too. Affordable destro. But the gurus here told me that hardcore pammies will eventually get a destro and well since you are looking for a first one, you prob do not fall into that category. If you have a buget of 8.5k, perhaps you can consider the 312 too. prices have softened and that is one nice watch with an in-house movt! heh

Can I politely correct you.

Destros are meant for left-handers. As it is a known fact that there are more right handers than left-handers in the world, Pam makes more normal than destro.

Hardcore pammies goes for Tritium. First SE, then BTs or As, then PreA, then PreV then vintage.

First Pam please go for a historic base to enjoy the plain Pam simple elegance. A zero or 112 would be nice. Left handers can consider destro. Right handers wearing destro can be quite iinconvenient when adjusting time and winding.

Comment

Super Base - 100% Panerai DNA...

First Pam please go for a historic base to enjoy the plain Pam simple elegance. A zero or 112 would be nice. Left handers can consider destro. Right handers wearing destro can be quite iinconvenient when adjusting time and winding.
                The original dive watch. 100% Panerai DNA. The Super Base...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i agree with you. no worries about it. each of us have our own preference.

just curious that is all. nevertheless, it is a great watch to have in collection.
                  Yes, I'm very glad to have this IWC Portuguese Chrono. It's balances out the super masculine PAMs that I own.

The first time I saw this watch was at an AD's event. I was sitting at the same table for dinner as a member of their senior management and he saw that I was wearing a 26mm Rolex DJ.

He told me that big watches can look very sexy on ladies. After that, he asked the IWC rep to show me the watch on her wrist, which was this model. The girl is shorter and skinnier than me, but the watch looked very nice on her.

A few days later, I visited the AD and bought the watch. What a story eh?

Comment

Destros are meant for left-handers. As it is a known fact that there are more right handers than left-handers in the world, Pam makes more normal than destro.

Hardcore pammies goes for Tritium. First SE, then BTs or As, then PreA, then PreV then vintage.

ahh now i learn more. tks!

Comment

Destro is not necessarily meant for left hander only. It all depends on which wrist that you are wearing & how you are wearing it. If there's no discomfort, then it does not matter if you are a right or left hander.

I believe most of us would not adjust the watch while wearing it on our wrist. We would most likely take it down to do the winding/adjustment. Hence, it's not a problem at all.

Dino

Comment

SE = special edition? What's BTs?

Comment

BT = short form for the limited run of 'B' series with Tritium Dials before the use of Tritium was banned for watches (with the exception of watches marked as dive tools, correct me if I'm wrong).
                          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

owner will get use to it sooner or later.

another way is flip the watch (the 12 at the bottom or back face u), then u wind it

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                              BT = short form for the limited run of 'B' series with Tritium Dials before the use of Tritium was banned for watches (with the exception of watches marked as dive tools, correct me if I'm wrong).
                              Bro. How can you be wrong? You are Shifu to many people ok....especially BTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                                owner will get use to it sooner or later.

another way is flip the watch (the 12 at the bottom or back face u), then u wind it
                                Bro. Are you a flipper? Why you like to flip watch?

I only tried wearing the 190 with the back in front. Quite shiok!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X