how to spot a fake.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances it might be an older series.
    it is, its e painted dial with e 'panerai panerai' all over e back.

And I also know of people who bought fake and "bomb" real price.
    i believe my friend fell for a 'fake at near real price' &i really feel sad tt such ppl do such things..sighhh

Comment

naybe ur fren bought a rep/fake watch for a hundred $$$ odd, n bomb tat he got it for $4.5k.. hehe!.. no offense .. seriously i has frenz buying fake B&R and rolex watches in china(guangzhou) or even thailand(bangkok) .. yet when we went for meetup, they will always boast tat they got a good deal .. blur blur blur..... actual fact, they dont even know wat is e rrp price for genuine piece... conclusion: if ppl wanna lie that they got money to buy pricey stuff, let it be..... dont uncover their shameful lies .. haha..

Comment

just let it be

it could be a older series, with painted dial
        if not just keep your doubts to yourself
        whether is a real or fake, it doesnt make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by anthony soon View Post
          naybe ur fren bought a rep/fake watch for a hundred $$$ odd, n bomb tat he got it for $4.5k.. hehe!.. no offense .. seriously i has frenz buying fake B&R and rolex watches in china(guangzhou) or even thailand(bangkok) .. yet when we went for meetup, they will always boast tat they got a good deal .. blur blur blur..... actual fact, they dont even know wat is e rrp price for genuine piece... conclusion: if ppl wanna lie that they got money to buy pricey stuff, let it be..... dont uncover their shameful lies .. haha..
          I had such experience too.. one "Bu yao lian" fellow, wear a half gold rolex (Which based on my experience) knows that its a fake. From the look of the watch, a giveaway... Still can boast LOUDLY that he got his watch for 10k plus somemore... really cannot tahan... just kept my mouth shut. i think its ok to wear what you like, freedom of choice but felt insulted cos when he boasted, he thought that we are idiots who know nuts about rolex watches but in fact, we just chose to keep quiet... but i am not against anyone wearing fakes. just the attitute of that fellow....

Comment

i have no interest in knowing strangers watches are real or not real....if at gtgs diff case lar..
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
              I had such experience too.. one "Bu yao lian" fellow, wear a half gold rolex (Which based on my experience) knows that its a fake. From the look of the watch, a giveaway... Still can boast LOUDLY that he got his watch for 10k plus somemore... really cannot tahan... just kept my mouth shut. i think its ok to wear what you like, freedom of choice but felt insulted cos when he boasted, he thought that we are idiots who know nuts about rolex watches but in fact, we just chose to keep quiet... but i am not against anyone wearing fakes. just the attitute of that fellow....
              And sad to say, he's my family friend... not someone i dunno.... stranger i also bo chap... too many things in life to care about.

I hate it when he is trying to lie to my mum about the watch. Lie to me, not so bad, but lie to my mum, i am agitated..

Comment

wow..for me i oso dun understand the mentality over this kind of fellow...for me replicas are no go...homages are diff...i have homages as well...but i do not go ard telling ppl that they are panerais...

If frens ask me i just state that it is a nice hand wind watch...and i like the design of them ....but too cheapskate to pay 5k and above for the pams...simple..if strangers ask...which has not happened to me locally yet...i state that it is a WATCH...that's all
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

perhaps he himself dont even know whether if it is a real or fake?
                  or maybe he can overcome his own pride and diginity, wearing a fake PAM and boost around...there are all kinds of people around, sometimes that's nothing you can do...just take it easy

Comment

Originally posted by eight.bone View Post
                    i came across a friend's watch couple weeks ago.. he said he paid bout 4.5 for it, a pre-owned pam111. i looked at it w/o him taking it off.. &2things i noticed about it.. 1) e AR coating had a lil bluish tint(wasnt sure was it e light tho). 2) e pin holding the crown guard lever is rounded as compared to e flushed pin on mine. but i still cant be sure is it a rep, a fake or real.. &its a rep or a fake, how do i let him knw tt he's been conned..

Use your tis senses here: See it,Touch it, Smell it, & lastly your internal-guts feeling from what u have been learn thru exposure. U should be able to spot whether is a Real mcCoy & Fako ! That's how I walk thru all Pammies challenges.

Comment

a bit late to the game, but thought i'd chime in too.
                      hard to tell based on the blu-ish AR, but if the crownguard lever pin is not flat and flush, that's a big alarm bell right there.

of course, nothing beats flipping the watch around and inspecting the movement. 90% of the time, you can spot a fake by looking at the movement, be it the E-G series decorated movement or the H-series and later movement. that said, i've seen a bloody good rep of a H-series and later movement that may be indistinguisable to people not too familiar with PAMs.

bottomline, as long as your friend is happy (whether he thinks it's genuine or passing off a fake as genuine), just let him be. life goes on.
                      What's in the box:
                      • Patek Philippe 5726A
                      • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
                      • Panerai 187 Subzilla
                      • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X