Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM Newbie- Destro questions

Hi Friends,

Which destro do you think is ok to buy PAM 22, 115 or 219. I want to own one that will retain it's value as well. TIA

SP

I think PAM22/115 is the best since they are both discontinued. But of course also depends on how much you are going to pay for it.

Comment

What do you want to know about me? kekekekekke....

PAM22 has both L(luminova) and T(tritium) dials. Shall let the expert of the 'T' dials fill you in on the prices...I noob only.

PAM22 with L dials can be had at almost the same pricepoints as the PAM115, if not slightly higher. In this case, I would go for the 115 (see through back)

A PAM219 has it's allure, simple dial with a destro crown. Can't say much about it's resale value though... A certain grey dealer used to feed the market speculative information regarding it's discontinuation a few years back in a bid for buyers to shell out a premium for it, but the PAM219 is still ongoing in production today... poor buyers... And again... car dealers, in the face of a falling market will always tell you 'COE has bottomed out already, prices will increase next month, buy now!'. So, who to blame?

As for retaining it's value, the market will decide, not for you nor me to dictate the future prices. Bottomline, here's no perfect time to pick up a used PAM219, PAM22 or PAM115. Just go with your heart, if you like a particular model, just go in. And if the piece you've bought made you money or retains it's value, congrats! Else if it doesn't, at least the joy you get out of wearing and admiring the watch is priceless isn't it?
      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

The strangest thing about destro is. Once you have a 219, you will try to find another like 26 or 115... They are all very nice.

22BT is a beauty. Remember. Panerai will never ever make that model with t-dial anymore.
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

Appreciate all your infos guys! I've noticed the prices of ( 22's and 115's) have gone up over the past few years. The 22 I've been eyeing is Luminova. What else do you think guys? Kindly convince me more

Comment

Please if you guys know of any destro for sale, kindly let me know. I will be in Singapore Nov 18. Thanks again!

Comment

Haha the expert has spoken. Thanks for the information.

I recently also considering a destro for my brother. The PAM22 T dials are totally out of reach. Still considering 22 L dial/115 or should i save money by getting a 219. Oh no still got the 26 to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by superformance View Post
                Hi Friends,
                Which destro do you think is ok to buy PAM 22, 115 or 219. I want to own one that will retain it's value as well. TIA
                SP
                Personally, get the 22 only if you are getting a t-dial, the 115 if you like a painted dial, a 219 if you want a sandwich dial without date.
                As to value, difficult to tell you now with any certainty as to how their value will be in 2-5 years time. Anyone who claims that his crystal ball tells him this and that, ask him to give you 4 numbers too and guarantee it.
                All things said and done, if you have the cash, go for a 22 t-dial.
                Have fun!

Ender
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Please if you guys know of any destro for sale, kindly let me know. I will be in Singapore Nov 18. Thanks again!
                  There is 1 reliable dealer whom has a 22 for sale. His name is Yeo Kim Choy.
                  email - kcyeo28@yahoo.com.sg

Comment

Originally posted by allan View Post
                    Haha the expert has spoken. Thanks for the information.

I recently also considering a destro for my brother. The PAM22 T dials are totally out of reach. Still considering 22 L dial/115 or should i save money by getting a 219. Oh no still got the 26 to consider.
                    Hi Allan,

I've seen that 22's and 115's are more expensive now than bnew 219? Am I right? Hahaha can't afford yet the 26's or the 217's at the moment though. That's why I need some enlightenment from the experts here.

Comment

Hi Allan,

I've seen that 22's and 115's are more expensive now than bnew 219? Am I right? Hahaha can't afford yet the 26's or the 217's at the moment though. That's why I need some enlightenment from the experts here.
                      I dont think myself as an expert but I have a soft spot for lefty's.
                      Yes I have two 219 K & L series.
                      219 is a very good base model to start with and value should hold as only small amount is produced every series.
                      Go for the 219 my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
                        I dont think myself as an expert but I have a soft spot for lefty's.
                        Yes I have two 219 K & L series.
                        219 is a very good base model to start with and value should hold as only small amount is produced every series.
                        Go for the 219 my suggestion.
                        May I know why 219 ?

if base on small amount produced then it should be either a 115 (800) or 22 (1500)rite ?

for 22 a total of 1500 make and it is a discon't model.
                        for 115 a total of 800 make and it is a discon't model.

till today 219 is still a current production model. Not sure is 1800 or 1900 make.

nobody know when it will stop (if it will happen).

Comment

Hi Friends,

SP
                          Considering just 22, 115 & 219.
                          Most valuable will be 22B with T dial.
                          2nd most valuable will be 22A.
                          This will be followed by 22B-L dial.
                          Next most valuable will be 115.
                          219 is not discontinued, so not that valuable.

In term of look-wise, 219 is more beautiful due to cleaner dial than 22 or 115.

Overall, when all Destros model are considered, the most sought after lefty PAM are in following order:
                          - 26B T-dial
                          - 22B T-dial
                          - 26A T-dial
                          - 22A T-dial
                          - 26 L-dial
                          - 22 L-dial
                          - 219 (before J100)
                          - 219 (after J100)

Comment

I was talking about 117 to my friend. I don't think Singapore has seen many of it !!!
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                              I was talking about 117 to my friend. I don't think Singapore has seen many of it !!!
                              I know 1 guy has it. Could they be the same person?

Dino

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X