Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Melvin needs to go eat curry rice in Changi prison!

I could not tell from the pic that was a fake. You did your due diligence by sending it to your watchmaker to check its authenticity. Imagine the other fakes he cheated others with, who never check inside the watch. how many tens of thousands of dollars he has swindled away.

He is probably scared **** or informed by his associates so that's why he quickly returned the watches to you. You should press on with your case, let the police and the law judge whether he is guilty or innocent.

It would probably be best if you could refer other victims who PMed you to your investigating officer.

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
      Hi everyone,

The culprit has come forward to me and returns me both my watches even before I approach him at his house. He has proved that he is sincere and I believed him.

Many others have benefited from the discovery of this man.

Thank you!

Glad you got back yr watches.

In the first place does he even know his Daytona is fake? If he does then i think need further action loh..
      | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

Dear friends,

I mentioned in my previous post.

"Many others have benefited by the discovery of this man."
        I hope those of you can come and verify this.

I know what I should be doing. Have faith in me.

Comment

Congrats on getting back your watch! But the plot seems to have thicken...getting confused

Comment

can other victims also step forward & give their an account of what happened?

Comment

Dear Jason,
              Glad you got your beloved watches back, but be sure to have them verified in case 'Melvin' did something to them.
              I wish the same to other bros in the forum who may have been duped by this unsavory character.
              Suffice to say, the real watches he sold were most likely duped of in trades.
              I hope other plaintiffs get their pieces back as well.

Kudos also to Fred Tan who instigated the description and led to the successful retrieval of your beloved pieces!

I think many owe Fred a coffee or something! : )
              Sweet 16:
              PP Aquanaut
              VC Overseas
              AP ROO Black Themes
              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
              Breguet Type XXI
              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
              JLC Navy Seals
              GO Senator 60s
              GP Laureato
              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
              Rolex DSSD
              IWC Big Pilot
              Pam 112
              Omega Ploprof
              Breitling Super Avenger
              Glycine F104

Comment

"There's more that meets the eye" - Transformer One
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

what an interesting twist to this whole saga...I'm glad you got your watches back...hopefully the rest of the victims would turn out fine too...
                  --------------------
                  My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
                  Pam 351M
                  Rolex 216570
                  Rolex 16610
                  Rolex 6694
                  Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
                  Sinn U1 Black

Comment

Jason, CONGRATS!

Wow, u r lucky!
                    Many are cheated in other forums & never even see the skin of e teeth...

We must be vigilant.
                    I think comments in Rolex Forum that Sporean watch community take it easy is true.
                    Moving forward, I think we cannot just deal with SMS, email & phone calls.
                    I reckon, I'll need to visit Rolex Ctr more...

Comment

I did nothing...it's Jason who never gave up...

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                      Dear Jason,
                      Glad you got your beloved watches back, but be sure to have them verified in case 'Melvin' did something to them.
                      I wish the same to other bros in the forum who may have been duped by this unsavory character.
                      Suffice to say, the real watches he sold were most likely duped of in trades.
                      I hope other plaintiffs get their pieces back as well.

Kudos also to Fred Tan who instigated the description and led to the successful retrieval of your beloved pieces!

I think many owe Fred a coffee or something! : )

Jason, u r a lucky chap!

Comment

I am grateful and again need to thanks everyone who have contributed.

Comment

congrats on the happy ending...
                          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Escalations

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                            Hi everyone,

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for your concerns. I am touched by the PMs that were sent to me. I am motivated by many of you that gave me precious advice. You guys made me believe that there are still many many kind souls around. Unfortunately, I am deeply saddened by the fact that some of the PMs that I have received contain information about other victims similarly in my shoes. I am also unfazed to know that the description of the culprit matches though our conversation.

I would like to thank the person who gave me vital information about the culprit.
                            I would like to thank Fred for asking me grandmotherly long questions that causes awareness. People read my reply and realized who the person is.
                            I would like to thank the moderators of SG-ROC.
                            I would like to thank the moderators of ***. They really gave me a big help by putting up the stolen watch alert on their home page.

The culprit has come forward to me and returns me both my watches even before I approach him at his house. He has proved that he is sincere and I believed him.

Many others have benefited from the discovery of this man.

Thank you!
                            Jason,
                            I'm glad for ya.
                            It's also vital that others who had been affected found justice.
                            It's critical that the affected parties are able to seek redress.
                            I see 2 things that u can help:
                            1) Hook the others whom are affected to Melvin so that re-dress can be taken
                            2) Hook the other victims who has contacted u to ur investigating officer so that this guy can be dealt by e law.

There's no 2 way bout this as I'm very sure he'll strike again in future.
                            The law has to be applied on him.
                            No choice.

There many be other victims who may have not realized their watch could be fake and had not seen our notices about "Melvin".
                            There's no way we can know how many victims fall into Melvin's scheme.

We also cannot let Melvin off thinking that "Melvin" had returned all the monies & watches as he cannot be trusted no matter how sincere or good is he now.

So, I propose 2 things to everyone here:
                            1) Gather & Publish "Melvin"'s deed to all watch forums, New Paper, Police, Straits Times, Business Times and STOMP so that more of his victims can come forward and deal with him as well as our police, if they chose to.
                            2) Anyone who wanna approach "Melvin" should not go it alone. He could retaliate if many ppl start banging on his door. My best bet is he'll elope once the fire up his arse get's bigger. Bring along as many frens, brothers, German Shepherds, Rotweillers & bodyguards. Don't fight. Dun touch him. But do protect urself. Be vigilant for aggressions & attacks. Make sure u tell him nothing of where u stay. Leave him no addresses.

Thanks.
                            Good luck.
                            Stay cool; it's just watches - dun risk ur lives...

Comment

Felt sorry for u too...

Just to add on, for the past years, I had come across many good fakes with genuine rolex dials, rolex steel cases & watch crowns...

But for the recent 1-2years, I saw some very good replicated calibers/movements in high end fake watches.. eg; the engraving on the oscillating rotor, and serial numbers on the bridge were very well done. The workmanship is relatively fine too.

The lesson learnt: even though when we saw caliber/movements that bear the rolex trademark on it, we can't be too complacent too.. The market has fake movements out there..

Just to share my thoughts..thanks and good health to all : )

Comment

bro edson, if u made a police report already, I believe there is no way you can now go to the police and tell them you don wanna pursue this matter as you got your watches back.

reason being, there was an attempt at fraud (which is a crime) and the police will not let the person off just cos you don wanna pursue. to make matters worse, if the police pursue and you know where the person is but don wanna tell them, you might get yourself into trouble.

just my 2 cents. you need to be clear abt the complications you getting yourself into cos the police report has already been made.
                                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X