This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorje khen View Post
    Just to add on, for the past years, I had come across many good fakes with genuine rolex dials, rolex steel cases & watch crowns...

But for the recent 1-2years, I saw some very good replicated calibers/movements in high end fake watches.. eg; the engraving on the oscillating rotor, and serial numbers on the bridge were very well done. The workmanship is relatively fine too.

The lesson learnt: even though when we saw caliber/movements that bear the rolex trademark on it, we can't be too complacent too.. The market has fake movements out there..

Just to share my thoughts..thanks and good health to all : )
    now thats a scary thought...
    --------------------
    My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
    Pam 351M
    Rolex 216570
    Rolex 16610
    Rolex 6694
    Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
    Sinn U1 Black

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      bro edson, if u made a police report already, I believe there is no way you can now go to the police and tell them you don wanna pursue this matter as you got your watches back.

reason being, there was an attempt at fraud (which is a crime) and the police will not let the person off just cos you don wanna pursue. to make matters worse, if the police pursue and you know where the person is but don wanna tell them, you might get yourself into trouble.

just my 2 cents. you need to be clear abt the complications you getting yourself into cos the police report has already been made.
      Yes I know about that. The police takes over from now.

Comment

Originally posted by dorje khen View Post
        Just to add on, for the past years, I had come across many good fakes with genuine rolex dials, rolex steel cases & watch crowns...

But for the recent 1-2years, I saw some very good replicated calibers/movements in high end fake watches.. eg; the engraving on the oscillating rotor, and serial numbers on the bridge were very well done. The workmanship is relatively fine too.

The lesson learnt: even though when we saw caliber/movements that bear the rolex trademark on it, we can't be too complacent too.. The market has fake movements out there..

Just to share my thoughts..thanks and good health to all : )
        Bro if such a piece bring to RSC to verify are they able to tell the difference? Is it good enough to bluff the technician as "real" piece

Comment

Was still feeling bad for your cheated watch today...
          Glad to read you got it back

Comment

Really happy that things work out fine for you
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
              Bro if such a piece bring to RSC to verify are they able to tell the difference? Is it good enough to bluff the technician as "real" piece
              Impossible to bluff the technician...

Well...at the moment all of us see pics and we compare from there thinking it's hard. Well the fakes have succeeded visually..say 80-90%

BUT! Wait till you hold the actual piece guys...try handling 1...it's not that tough actually.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

But having all that talk, the sensing of a fake can only be possible if one has (or at least used to have) a real one, to actually know how a real one is like. Otherwise, how'd one know if a fake is a fake

I've never held, touched, felt a real daytona in my life, so I can be easily duped if a good fake passes me by
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

what u say is true because you need to feel and see a real one before knowing it is a real or fake.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  But having all that talk, the sensing of a fake can only be possible if one has (or at least used to have) a real one, to actually know how a real one is like. Otherwise, how'd one know if a fake is a fake

I've never held, touched, felt a real daytona in my life, so I can be easily duped if a good fake passes me by
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I know there are a lot of experts here.

But when I got the Daytona, the strap didn't fit my wrist. So I brought it to THG ION and ask my usual AD to help me resize. He took off 1 link for me. They did not mentioned that it is not genuine.

When I brought it to my friend's preowned shop to verify, he even told he that it is real... He was almost sure. (He even say: If real sell him at $5k) Untill he open the back case.

They touch so many Rolexes in their life. Like what you guys have been emphasizing, they should know when they hold it. Maybe the people I met aren't experience enough.

Comment

did they remove the link in front of you? is the staff @ ION ur regular point of contact @ THG?

if it is real, why offer only 5k? strange.

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post

But when I got the Daytona, the strap didn't fit my wrist. So I brought it to THG ION and ask my usual AD to help me resize. He took off 1 link for me. They did not mentioned that it is not genuine.

When I brought it to my friend's preowned shop to verify, he even told he that it is real... He was almost sure. (He even say: If real sell him at $5k) Untill he open the back case.

They touch so many Rolexes in their life. Like what you guys have been emphasizing, they should know when they hold it. Maybe the people I met aren't experience enough.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post

WOW!!!
                        Now wonder if anyone send a "genuine" watch for tuning or servicing but went undetected by the technician (is it possible ?). Be it Rolex, Paneria, IWC or any other brand. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          did they remove the link in front of you? is the staff @ ION ur regular point of contact @ THG?

Shake the watch and listern carefully,If it sounds like something is loose than you know its not geniue.That is the easiest and fastest way to check the watch.Try it with your geniue and you will not hear noisy sounds.

Comment

haha. i wish i can shake the real one.

understand what u are saying. but dont understand why u quote my post.

Originally posted by patricia View Post
                            Shake the watch and listern carefully,If it sounds like something is loose than you know its not geniue.That is the easiest and fastest way to check the watch.Try it with your geniue and you will not hear noisy sounds.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

haha. i wish i can shake the real one.

understand what u are saying. but dont understand why u quote my post.
                              Sorry quote wrongly too much reading eyes blur already!

Comment

The staff is my regular contact of mine. Used to be at Tang Plaza.
                                They brought it to the back and help me to resize.

I went to my friend's pre-owned watch shop. He is quite sure it was real iniitally so he kind of just want to joke with me cos I keep tellling him i think it is fake. So he wanted to offer 5k to me if it is real, since I keep on thinking it is fake.

Nevertheless, the noise that you mention is a good tell tale sign.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X