X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    sorry jason...

the box and watch may have fingerprints on them....won't that help?
    The watch and box has been touched by myself many many times before I realised that it is a replica. The police again did not give me any proper advice on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
      Sorry to hear that this happened in Singapore! This is quite sad! Are you able to post some pictures of the fake Daytona? I think it would help the other people here about identifying fake rolexes, especially for the popular models like Daytona, Sub and GMT2c. Also, do you know which AD was named on the card? Sorry for your loss again.

Comment

i tht nowadays prepaid cards wanna register also need IC and cannot just buy off the counter without ID?

could be possible to track down which IC he used to register right?

leading to maybe CCTV of the day of registration with the telco, etc etc to get him...

just my thoughts
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          i tht nowadays prepaid cards wanna register also need IC and cannot just buy off the counter without ID?

could be possible to track down which IC he used to register right?

leading to maybe CCTV of the day of registration with the telco, etc etc to get him...

just my thoughts
          Thanks. I will inform the police about these.

Comment

Looks like a pretty good fake...can the experts offer any advice on tell-tales sign? Also, did the watch come with any AD chop? If so, which AD was it?

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
              Thanks. I will inform the police about these.
              Np, hope it works out for you.

heres the article on the identity need to get prepaid cards in place as of 2005

02 November 2005
              ST Article - Identity please, for cellphone prepaid cards, 2 November 2005 Buyers have their ICs scanned, as ruling to combat terrorism comes into effect

By Arthur Poon (arthurp@sph.com.sg)

The Straits Times Interactive

IT TAKES less than a minute: The prepaid cellphone card buyer hands over his identity card (IC) or passport, the shop attendant slips it under a reader machine, then it's all over.

As of yesterday, everyone who buys a prepaid cellphone card must be registered, as part of the Government's wider moves to tighten security in the wake of revelations that terrorists may have exploited the anonymity of prepaid cards when detonating bombs with cellphones.

All 1.4 million prepaid cards, which form 35 per cent of the mobile market here, must now be registered and only those aged 15 and older can buy them. Existing users have until May 1 next year to do so, after which their cards will be deactivated.

Also, each person can own a maximum of 10 cards.

At SingTel's hello! shop on Orchard Road yesterday afternoon, a number of customers were seen having their ICs scanned after purchasing prepaid cards.

After verifying the customer's identity visually, the retail assistant scanned the identity document and the prepaid card using a device resembling a laminating machine.

It took less than a minute for the information to be relayed to the telco's database.

The 50-year-old produced her IC to register her new $15 SingTel prepaid card, which had been given to her when she bought a new Nokia 6610i phone.

To register, Singaporeans must produce their identity cards, while foreign workers should take along their work permit identification cards. Foreign visitors should show their passports.
              believe the police should be aware of this but doesnt hurt to check with them again
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                Looks like a pretty good fake...can the experts offer any advice on tell-tales sign? Also, did the watch come with any AD chop? If so, which AD was it?
                A.D: Rolex USA Inc

Comment

Hope you recover it..

I sincerely hope you recover it, in whatever form...

What's done is done. All the best, mate.

Comment

This is nasty...they look so real!

Man, this is a sucker...

Comment

I think the police will not seize anything until the case goes to DPP

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Sorry but if you've lodged a report with the police, how come the police did not seize the "daytona" My understanding of this case is: It is a case of cheating and the case exhibit(s) should be seized for police investigation. Only until the case is solved, can the exhibit be returned to owner(s) or disposed off by a Court order.

I feel for you bro, and will help to keep a look-out.

As long as there's no substantial evidence to prove malice intent with criminal acts, I dun e police can even arrest Melvin (the culprit).

It's Jason vs Melvin.
                      Dun misunderstood me, I support Jason here.

But imagine this; the Inspector or DSP in-charge of the case will need to prove that Melvin did pass Jason a fake 116520...

No witness. No receipt. No agreement.
                      How lar.
                      I knock my hard head oso cannot think of way to help Jason here.
                      How? How?

Comment

OK

What name did he use introduce himself? Melvin
                        Did anyone call or sms him during his visit to ur home? NO

Can you describe him? Fair, plump, a bit bald, mid 40s
                        Is he Chinese? Yes
                        Is he local? Sounds Local

Is he bespectacled? No
                        Moustache? Bearded? No Smooth facial hair
                        Hair style? A bit balding
                        Any colouring or highlights? Straight hair? Permed like PCK? No

Does he smell like smoker or alcoholics? No

Any marks like moles on his fingers, arm, face, neck or legs? Dunno
                        Is he muscular? Any spare tyre? Plump
                        Fat? Slim? Slender? Average built? Can u agak-agak his weight? About 75 - 85 kg

Can u estimate his height? Tall? 170 - 175

Is he dark? Average complexion? Fair

Any tattoo on arms, feet, angle, legs or arm ? No
                        Gold or steel looking rings on any finger? Any peculiarity on the rings? No
                        Gold or steel looking bangles on any wrist? Only his Half Gold Submariner.

Speak Mandarin, Hokkien or English or mixed? Mandarin and English
                        Is his Mandarin, Hokkien or English or mixed good? Bad? Average? Avearge, Normal Singaporean
                        What colour, design, brand, & model is the shirt, pants & shoe that he wear? Really dunno, no brand

Is he an Ah Beng like me? Ah Seng? Beng Seng mixed? Er...

From ur 6th sense, what do you think he is? Ah Lung? Bookie? Flipper like me? Bandits? Robber? Child raper? Cheat? Killer? Office-type? Nerdy? Beng? Seng? I dont need my 6th sense, he is a cheater

Let us know how u feel bout him when u see him? He looks decent

Is he handsome or good looking like me? NO, I am much better looking
                        Ok, sorry for pulling ur leg. Slap me 10 times. I shouldn't be.

Did he come alone? Did anyone come w him? Alone
                        Did anyone waited on him below e block or void deck. NO

Did he give u any fake business cards? NO
                        Did he tell u anything else besides the watch like what he do and what he like? He just say he is bored of Rolex, that is why he want to change other brands.

Did he walk like a duck? He walk like a pig. A bit idiotic way. Normal la.
                        And if u can describe his face? Any freckles?
                        Any moles or dark spots or pimple scars?
                        How about his eyebrow? Thick? Straight? Trimmed like gays?
                        He got nose like pig? Or sharp like Andy Lau?
                        His lips? Like pervert bubba? Or like Leon Lai?
                        HIS FACE LIKE ****

What cigarette brand did he carry or smoke (if he smokes)? NO

I think if u can remember all this, it'll be great!!!

We maybe able to form a generic description of this fella...and place it a database in WatchNet.

Steady
                        Thanks for sharing.
                        OK.
                        Plump 70-75kg 40s yo local Chinese man by e supposedly name of Melvin with TT Sub-Date and fair skin, dark, straight balding hair with ****ty decent no good looking pig face and walk with normal gait who is bored of Rolex and who's quite tall 170 - 175cm.

U better watch out....I'm tall 1.80m, 95kg, young, strong and muscular...I'll beat the **** outta u if I see u....u better pray police get u 1st

Comment

Duly noted..

Hey guys,

Apparently, there are people who have receive SMS from this guy before and even seen him before. My friends here, please beware.

I don't think this cock will appear soon anyway.

But I have vital information about him now that I may be able to trace him down.

I have informed the police already.

Regards
                          Jason Chan
                          Melvin! U can run but u can't hide...

Comment

damn it sia...this guy was really out to cheat...the whole thing have been quite well-planned coz with all the necessary paperwork for the Daytona...I'm really pissed to hear it happening from our forum...thought its a place for watch lovers and not cheaters like this Melvin...
                            --------------------
                            My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
                            Pam 351M
                            Rolex 216570
                            Rolex 16610
                            Rolex 6694
                            Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
                            Sinn U1 Black

Comment

Probably you should start from this website to hunt him down. There are many replica being sold here. For sure this daytona offer in this link sound fishy. http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Stuff-...AdIdZ148897331

Note: I am not refering that it will be this guy but generally crooks normally appear from some common place...

I feel really bad for you as this time it was really your judgement error. Anyway, glad that you are looking at the bright side of your losses. Cheers

Comment

its so easy if the police wants to check the who registered SIM card but anyway which provider is the SIM under? i am sure you be able to know since the phone is off now. then you can ask the bros here who is working at the telco for help

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X