This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
    Hope you handled the loss well, sad to learn about it.

Please remember to post your story on the major forums, ***, WUS, Timezone.com, Purist.com, paneristi.com. It's a long shot but it will deter the seller and alert the buyers.

I am sure the police can trace the other calls made from the pre-paid card and see it there's any lead from the other people he called - maybe if they know that this is a fraudster, can help with his nick here or in some other forums.
    I have tried to post as many as possible already. Thanks for the advice.

The police is taking their time to 'investigate". Guess these are non-important cases.

I am handling the loss well... In fact, I am already targeting on some new watches.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
      Thanks.
      No ****!
      Such things happen in Singapore?
      Did you happen to see what car he drives or even the number plate?

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
        No ****!
        Such things happen in Singapore?
        Did you happen to see what car he drives or even the number plate?
        If I did, I will post it here already.

The only thing I know about him is the HI-CARD no: 8347 7928

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

Hope the case sufface up.

In any case, take it as lesson. Rolex got plenty of fakes around. Either buy from a very reputable place/friend or bring to RSC.

Comment

Local guy? Chinese? Tall?

Bro,

I'm gonna sound like a grandmother & police...
            Hope u dun mind....

What name did he use introduce himself?
            Did anyone call or sms him during his visit to ur home?

Can you describe him?
            Is he Chinese?
            Is he local?

Is he bespectacled?
            Moustache? Bearded?
            Hair style?
            Any colouring or highlights? Straight hair? Permed like PCK?

Does he smell like smoker or alcoholics?

Any marks like moles on his fingers, arm, face, neck or legs?
            Is he muscular? Any spare tyre?
            Fat? Slim? Slender? Average built? Can u agak-agak his weight?

Can u estimate his height? Tall?

Is he dark? Average complexion?

Any tattoo on arms, feet, angle, legs or arm ?
            Gold or steel looking rings on any finger? Any peculiarity on the rings?
            Gold or steel looking bangles on any wrist?

Speak Mandarin, Hokkien or English or mixed?
            Is his Mandarin, Hokkien or English or mixed good? Bad? Average?
            What colour, design, brand, & model is the shirt, pants & shoe that he wear?

Is he an Ah Beng like me? Ah Seng? Beng Seng mixed?

From ur 6th sense, what do you think he is? Ah Lung? Bookie? Flipper like me? Bandits? Robber? Child raper? Cheat? Killer? Office-type? Nerdy? Beng? Seng?
            Let us know how u feel bout him when u see him?

Is he handsome or good looking like me?
            Ok, sorry for pulling ur leg. Slap me 10 times. I shouldn't be.

Did he come alone? Did anyone come w him?
            Did anyone waited on him below e block or void deck.

Did he give u any fake business cards?
            Did he tell u anything else besides the watch like what he do and what he like?

Did he walk like a duck?
            And if u can describe his face? Any freckles?
            Any moles or dark spots or pimple scars?
            How about his eyebrow? Thick? Straight? Trimmed like gays?
            He got nose like pig? Or sharp like Andy Lau?
            His lips? Like pervert bubba? Or like Leon Lai?

What cigarette brand did he carry or smoke (if he smokes)?

I think if u can remember all this, it'll be great!!!

We maybe able to form a generic description of this fella...and place it a database in WatchNet.

U can also make a copy to help our police.
            Hope u are still steady.

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
              I will try to keep it short and simple.

2 weeks ago when I posted my PAM312 out for sale, I got a respond from a forum member. As we communicated through SMS, I do not have his nick. He acknowledge himself as Melvin on the phone.

He wanted to purchase the PAM312 and later suggested that he prefer to trade with his black 116520 instead. He even made an offered to have 2 of my watches on sale for his 116520. The other watch is the Bell and Ross 01-92.

We agreed to meet around my house one evening. He brought 3 Rolexes, a SD 'D' series, a Submariner Half Gold that he wore that night and the Daytona "F". All his watcnes are with boxes, paper, manual + tags. In a way, he presented his watches as full set.

As I am only interested in the Daytona, I decided to look out for the authenticity . Black ring at crown, sweeping hands, the functionality of the chronograph function etc. Everything seems to be ok.

We traded both of my watches with his. Later at home, I even remove the bracelet and checked the lugs, the model number is correct and the serial number matches. I didn't find anything amiss till then.

The next day, I send an SMS to him, wanted to ask for the selling price of his SD. There was no reply. I tried to call his mobile and realised that it is turned off. Finding it weird, I check his number through my friend and discovered that the number is from a pre-paid SIM.

I brought the watch to my friend's pre-owned shop to open up the back case and confirmed that it is a fake. In fact, I brought to another shop to check as well to re-confirm this piece of information.

A police report was made and Richemont has been informed about this case.

I have thought about it and decided not to dwell too much on it. Anyway, this person indeed has ill intentions due to the fact that he was using a pre-paid card the whole time. His watches even have certification to 'trick' people.

I kept this story in the first place, thinking that I might "alert' him and put him on guard. I do not think that I will find him already anyway. Therefore, I think I should inform all fellow members here to be wary.

If anyone is holding to the PAM 312 that I mentioned in the beginning of this thread, I hope that you can give me more details of how you get this watch and hopefully we can find the culprit so that no one else will fall for this again.

I am handling it well and treating as a lesson learned. I have no one to blame but myself and my love for this hobby.

The 116520 is now resting in the box. I am impressed with the workmanship!
              yeah bro...hope ya take it easy....i'm sure the bros here all feel for ya...
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Once and not long ago, I wanted to buy a used Rolex GMT from a forumer here. I asked for particulars, and IC no. in order to write up purchase agreement between us. To protect myself in case the watch is fake or stolen and etc.

You know what?...... The forumer/seller back out.
                I own a Rolex !

Comment

Scary sial

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                  Once and not long ago, I wanted to buy a used Rolex GMT from a forumer here. I asked for particulars, and IC no. in order to write up purchase agreement between us. To protect myself in case the watch is fake or stolen and etc.

You know what?...... The forumer/seller back out.
                  I thought this thing only happen outside SG.
                  Looks like SG's longest ever campaign that says, "Low Crime doesn't mean No crime" rings a bell in my ophbiang head now.

Comment

IMO, SG-ROC WTS folder needs to be moderated. Anybody can walk in to sell their ware. Alot were login IDs created just to sell. Isn't it scary?

In example, at two Choa Chu Kang carparks, a few cars got broken in a year ago. Bride seats, and Defi meters all gone. One car need how many defi meters? Of course, they are stolen to serve a demand elsewhere. There were times when frameless wipers keep missing. These news are moderated because such cases are prevalent and cannot be solved.

When there is demand, there will be people doing it.

I've heard from people working in pawnshop, they seen policemenn bring people in handcuffed to verify some goods at pawnshop. Reason is very obvious.
                    I own a Rolex !

Comment

What name did he use introduce himself? Melvin
                      Did anyone call or sms him during his visit to ur home? NO

Can you describe him? Fair, plump, a bit bald, mid 40s
                      Is he Chinese? Yes
                      Is he local? Sounds Local

Is he bespectacled? No
                      Moustache? Bearded? No Smooth facial hair
                      Hair style? A bit balding
                      Any colouring or highlights? Straight hair? Permed like PCK? No

Does he smell like smoker or alcoholics? No

Any marks like moles on his fingers, arm, face, neck or legs? Dunno
                      Is he muscular? Any spare tyre? Plump
                      Fat? Slim? Slender? Average built? Can u agak-agak his weight? About 75 - 85 kg

Can u estimate his height? Tall? 170 - 175

Is he dark? Average complexion? Fair

Any tattoo on arms, feet, angle, legs or arm ? No
                      Gold or steel looking rings on any finger? Any peculiarity on the rings? No
                      Gold or steel looking bangles on any wrist? Only his Half Gold Submariner.

Speak Mandarin, Hokkien or English or mixed? Mandarin and English
                      Is his Mandarin, Hokkien or English or mixed good? Bad? Average? Avearge, Normal Singaporean
                      What colour, design, brand, & model is the shirt, pants & shoe that he wear? Really dunno, no brand

Is he an Ah Beng like me? Ah Seng? Beng Seng mixed? Er...

From ur 6th sense, what do you think he is? Ah Lung? Bookie? Flipper like me? Bandits? Robber? Child raper? Cheat? Killer? Office-type? Nerdy? Beng? Seng? I dont need my 6th sense, he is a cheater

Let us know how u feel bout him when u see him? He looks decent

Is he handsome or good looking like me? NO, I am much better looking
                      Ok, sorry for pulling ur leg. Slap me 10 times. I shouldn't be.

Did he come alone? Did anyone come w him? Alone
                      Did anyone waited on him below e block or void deck. NO

Did he give u any fake business cards? NO
                      Did he tell u anything else besides the watch like what he do and what he like? He just say he is bored of Rolex, that is why he want to change other brands.

Did he walk like a duck? He walk like a pig. A bit idiotic way. Normal la.
                      And if u can describe his face? Any freckles?
                      Any moles or dark spots or pimple scars?
                      How about his eyebrow? Thick? Straight? Trimmed like gays?
                      He got nose like pig? Or sharp like Andy Lau?
                      His lips? Like pervert bubba? Or like Leon Lai?
                      HIS FACE LIKE ****

What cigarette brand did he carry or smoke (if he smokes)? NO

I think if u can remember all this, it'll be great!!!

We maybe able to form a generic description of this fella...and place it a database in WatchNet.

Steady

Comment

Sorry but if you've lodged a report with the police, how come the police did not seize the "daytona" My understanding of this case is: It is a case of cheating and the case exhibit(s) should be seized for police investigation. Only until the case is solved, can the exhibit be returned to owner(s) or disposed off by a Court order.

I feel for you bro, and will help to keep a look-out.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hey guys,

Apparently, there are people who have receive SMS from this guy before and even seen him before. My friends here, please beware.

I don't think this cock will appear soon anyway.

But I have vital information about him now that I may be able to trace him down.

I have informed the police already.

Regards
                          Jason Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Sorry but if you've lodged a report with the police, how come the police did not seize the "daytona" My understanding of this case is: It is a case of cheating and the case exhibit(s) should be seized for police investigation. Only until the case is solved, can the exhibit be returned to owner(s) or disposed off by a Court order.

I feel for you bro, and will help to keep a look-out.

Sensitive details. PMed you

Comment

Gosh

Sorry to hear that this happened in Singapore! This is quite sad! Are you able to post some pictures of the fake Daytona? I think it would help the other people here about identifying fake rolexes, especially for the popular models like Daytona, Sub and GMT2c. Also, do you know which AD was named on the card? Sorry for your loss again.

Comment

sorry jason...

the box and watch may have fingerprints on them....won't that help?
                                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                                Audemars Piguet ROO
                                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                                Panerai 270
                                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                                Rolex 116610LV