No announcement yet.

Collection of Pams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A PAM a day for a whole week.A PAM a day keeps the Rolex away.

Comment

For all we know, Patricia and Diluted Magnetism are the same person.

In any case, enjoy your watches and keep up the collection.

Frankly, it takes something to pull off wearing a 47mm and more so a 47mm Sub, especially for Asian wrists. I have tried 217 and 232 but find it too big for wearing around (seems very easy to knock against things) so prefer to stick to 44mm and 45mm. Was offered the 194 and 285 but decided not to pull the trigger.

Ya, show some wrist shots with pose for us to drool.

Comment

very impressive collection!! thanks for sharing!!

Are you planning to add in a 317?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
          If profile pics are anything to go by, Pat and Dil Mag are definitely not the same person
          My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
          IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
          IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
          IWC 500401 Big Pilot
          PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
          PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
          PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
          Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Jinks View Post
            If profile pics are anything to go by, Pat and Dil Mag are definitely not the same person
            Who is Dil Mag? Another Pam lover also?

Comment

Originally posted by patricia View Post
              Who is Dil Mag? Another Pam lover also?
              Sorry was referring to Diluted Magnetics on the Paneristi forum
              My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
              IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
              IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
              IWC 500401 Big Pilot
              PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
              PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
              PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
              Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                I believe they are two different person. But, both are POWER & RICH

Dino

Comment

Indeed a wonderful collection u got there...

Comment

Ranks way up there...

Impressive collection of Pams! Rarely seen kind of pic except at Risti functions overseas or in Bangkok. I am sure they are not a "hot" collection from Jerry Ee's bag!

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
                    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
                    Watch your words, for they become actions.
                    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
                    Watch your habits, for they become character.
                    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Guess who was featured in BT? nt

Get a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy6668 View Post
                        Get a copy.
                        What is BT?

Comment

BT=Business Times
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

A SLEEK black Lamborghini is parked downstairs and the private lift shoots right up into her apartment, a stylishly furnished white-themed pad in Bedok. Leading you in is owner Patricia Kan, a slim lady, pretty in a simple, yet elegant designer-looking dress with red stilettos to match. She fits nicely into the setting of luxury.

Except, the lady lets out later, she doesn't own the sports car. She doesn't even like cars. Her parting shot, after you have wrapped up the interview, is: 'Don't spend your money on cars!'

What an irony, coming from someone who's 'helping' her dad run a car-repair business in Defu Industrial Estate, in the northeast of Singapore.

The 35-year-old owns a functional Honda, a downgrade from the BMW she once drove. The BMW had to go, because it's a reminder of a painful, broken marriage.

While the split with her husband - divorce proceedings are still on-going - led Ms Kan to dump her BMW, she found Panerai. Collecting Panerai watches, to be specific. 'I was looking for distractions,' Ms Kan says.

That was over a year ago in Europe, where she met a Panerai authorised dealer who got her hooked on the timepieces he sells.

'He showed me the 26 (Panerai model), let me wear it on my wrist,' Ms Kan recalls. 'It was love at first sight, but he couldn't sell it to me because someone already bought it.'

The first Panerai watch she 'helped' to buy was a 104 model with a $10,000 price tag. It was in July 2008 in Las Vegas in the United States, and the watch was for her boyfriend.

Four months later in Italy, Ms Kan bought her first Panerai, a 308 for about $13,000 - it would cost about $15,000 now, she reckons.

There's been no stopping her since then, as she went on to snap up nine other Panerais, making her probably the biggest lady watch collector of the brand.

All her Panerais were bought in Europe, mostly in Italy. She not only gets a better deal there - at least 14 per cent cheaper - but also usually gets what she wants, fast.

'Local authorised dealers here always have no stock - and the waiting list is very long,' Ms Kan says. 'I've practically given up on them.'

Besides, the collector loves travelling. Her twice-a-year vacation is tied with her buying trip.

But why Panerais, which are large, macho timepieces first made for the Royal Italian Navy - and popularised by actor Sylvester Stallone in the film Daylight?

'Their sizes just grabbed me,' Ms Kan says matter-of-factly.

Panerai timepieces can do no wrong, as far as the lady's concerned. That's why she has confirmed an order for a new Panerai model that's due for delivery next January, based virtually on faith.

The new timepiece has no name or model number yet, and no price tag. All Ms Kan knows is it is limited to 100 pieces, and it's the first 47mm Panerai that's left-handed.

'I've a soft spot for left-handed watches,' says the ambidextrous lady who also collects limited edition handbags (she has over 30) and shoes.

But before we jump to the conclusion that Ms Kan is obsessed with Panerais, she points out that she will not pay more than $30,000 for a watch, even though she can afford it. 'It's not sensible.'

Her dream Panerai, the model 26 she first fell in love with, would cost some $26,000. But so far, she has not been able to find one that's for sale.

The most expensive piece in her Panerai collection is a 47mm 285 model, for which she paid about $17,000. Her cheapest? A 44mm zero model. All her timepieces are steel.

'Gold's too gaudy, though I wouldn't mind some with diamonds,' she says.

Still, Ms Kan's feelings for her Panerais are strong. She can't bear wearing them for fear that she will knock the watches against any hard surface.

And the chances of that happening are high, because she works in a car-repair shop.

Ms Kan only dons her Panerais on rare occasions, like a formal dinner party. Otherwise, the lady wears a Rolex, Chopard, Omega or a Franck Muller most of the time. It's ok if these got scratched.

Yet the collector's passion for Panerai timepieces is grounded in reality. 'They're good investment for women,' she says. 'Diamonds don't hold their value. Bank deposits earn very little interest rate. Stocks are risky.'

But watches are almost a sure value creator, according to her, especially when the stock market is now in the dumps.

- From BT online..
                            | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

Originally posted by ody_2004 View Post
                              A SLEEK black Lamborghini is parked downstairs and the private lift shoots right up into her apartment, a stylishly furnished white-themed pad in Bedok. Leading you in is owner Patricia Kan, a slim lady, pretty in a simple, yet elegant designer-looking dress with red stilettos to match. She fits nicely into the setting of luxury.

Except, the lady lets out later, she doesn't own the sports car. She doesn't even like cars. Her parting shot, after you have wrapped up the interview, is: 'Don't spend your money on cars!'

What an irony, coming from someone who's 'helping' her dad run a car-repair business in Defu Industrial Estate, in the northeast of Singapore.

The 35-year-old owns a functional Honda, a downgrade from the BMW she once drove. The BMW had to go, because it's a reminder of a painful, broken marriage.

While the split with her husband - divorce proceedings are still on-going - led Ms Kan to dump her BMW, she found Panerai. Collecting Panerai watches, to be specific. 'I was looking for distractions,' Ms Kan says.

That was over a year ago in Europe, where she met a Panerai authorised dealer who got her hooked on the timepieces he sells.

'He showed me the 26 (Panerai model), let me wear it on my wrist,' Ms Kan recalls. 'It was love at first sight, but he couldn't sell it to me because someone already bought it.'

The first Panerai watch she 'helped' to buy was a 104 model with a $10,000 price tag. It was in July 2008 in Las Vegas in the United States, and the watch was for her boyfriend.

Four months later in Italy, Ms Kan bought her first Panerai, a 308 for about $13,000 - it would cost about $15,000 now, she reckons.

There's been no stopping her since then, as she went on to snap up nine other Panerais, making her probably the biggest lady watch collector of the brand.

All her Panerais were bought in Europe, mostly in Italy. She not only gets a better deal there - at least 14 per cent cheaper - but also usually gets what she wants, fast.

'Local authorised dealers here always have no stock - and the waiting list is very long,' Ms Kan says. 'I've practically given up on them.'

Besides, the collector loves travelling. Her twice-a-year vacation is tied with her buying trip.

But why Panerais, which are large, macho timepieces first made for the Royal Italian Navy - and popularised by actor Sylvester Stallone in the film Daylight?

'Their sizes just grabbed me,' Ms Kan says matter-of-factly.

Panerai timepieces can do no wrong, as far as the lady's concerned. That's why she has confirmed an order for a new Panerai model that's due for delivery next January, based virtually on faith.

The new timepiece has no name or model number yet, and no price tag. All Ms Kan knows is it is limited to 100 pieces, and it's the first 47mm Panerai that's left-handed.

'I've a soft spot for left-handed watches,' says the ambidextrous lady who also collects limited edition handbags (she has over 30) and shoes.

But before we jump to the conclusion that Ms Kan is obsessed with Panerais, she points out that she will not pay more than $30,000 for a watch, even though she can afford it. 'It's not sensible.'

Her dream Panerai, the model 26 she first fell in love with, would cost some $26,000. But so far, she has not been able to find one that's for sale.

The most expensive piece in her Panerai collection is a 47mm 285 model, for which she paid about $17,000. Her cheapest? A 44mm zero model. All her timepieces are steel.

'Gold's too gaudy, though I wouldn't mind some with diamonds,' she says.

Still, Ms Kan's feelings for her Panerais are strong. She can't bear wearing them for fear that she will knock the watches against any hard surface.

And the chances of that happening are high, because she works in a car-repair shop.

Ms Kan only dons her Panerais on rare occasions, like a formal dinner party. Otherwise, the lady wears a Rolex, Chopard, Omega or a Franck Muller most of the time. It's ok if these got scratched.

Yet the collector's passion for Panerai timepieces is grounded in reality. 'They're good investment for women,' she says. 'Diamonds don't hold their value. Bank deposits earn very little interest rate. Stocks are risky.'

But watches are almost a sure value creator, according to her, especially when the stock market is now in the dumps.

- From BT online..
                              Why are all the prices quoted so inflated? $10,000 for a PAM104, $26,000 for PAM26.

Cannot find a PAM26 for sale? I thought they are everywhere at the moment.

First 47mm lefthanded ???? I thought the 217 is a 47mm destro??

Comment

Impressive...
                                Rolex Submariner 116610LV Alphanumeric Series (The Hulk)
                                Rolex GMT Master II 16710 COKE (Stick Dial) D Series

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X