How long to service a watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to service a watch?

Like to know how long would you send for servicing for your watch?

Also during warranty does servicing come free or only factory defect is covered?

Lastly during warranty does it covered polishing?

service watch or not

if you bring to the the watch brand service centre, it is likely that they will advise you to service. however is it the truth?

take for example, i bring my seiko monster to one of the better known watch technician in the east side and say want to service. the watch technician ask me is there anything wrong with the watch in the first place? if not, just leave it.

with another brand - rolex, i brought it to my preferred watch technician and inform him i want to service. the watch technician again ask me - is there anything wrong? if not, just leave it.

with seiko and rolex, i brought the same watches to thong sia and rsc respectively, and ask them if the watches requires service. both service centre say yes.

the above is one view, where don't fix it until it is broken.

most people say after 3-5 years, however if the user only wears it like 3-5 times in that period, then still need? if the watch is worn almost daily then you may want to consider the alternate view below.

the alternate view is that regular maintenance will keep the watch going on for long periods without any issues. generally, if you wind your watch to adjust time or wind it to have power reserve, and the winding is smooth, generally it it indicates the watch is alright. if the winding is not smooth, then it means the watch need servicing.

WHEN IN DOUBT, bring it to the watch technician.

warranty only covers manufacturing defects. it does not cover watch servicing.

Originally posted by tanwk3 View Post
    Like to know how long would you send for servicing for your watch?

Also during warranty does servicing come free or only factory defect is covered?

Lastly during warranty does it covered polishing?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I got a couple of watches from different makers.
      Some only require service after 7 year or so and some less than 5 years.
      I only send them for service when the time accuracy have deteriorated quite a bit.
      When you need to set your time manually a few times a week then it's time. Thats for me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X