Want to buy a Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
    Bro; Yes, I understand that you are trying to open another door for him. It is just that all the models he had chosen are self-winding so no point adding more models. Frankly and personally, I prefer the base models more than the 1950 models, looks wise. I love to wind the watch. It is smooth and you have a special feeling when winding. It is just me
    Maybe i see too much 447.

From what i see TS need something like, 312,351,359..

Comment

Originally posted by clocking View Post
      May i ask why 312
      312 will be heavier and chunkier than 392. My wrist is only 6 inches

Comment

Bro; Yes, I understand that you are trying to open another door for him. It is just that all the models he had chosen are self-winding so no point adding more models. Frankly and personally, I prefer the base models more than the 1950 models, looks wise. I love to wind the watch. It is smooth and you have a special feeling when winding. It is just me

Bro; I think you meant PAM00392 and not 329. Besides the size, lugs width, no '9' on the dial, the 392 is the exactly same as the 312. Final decision is yours. When at the shop on the day you are getting the watch, do take your time trying all of them if they have the stock. Also take note, the prices between these two watch are only a few hundred dollars, maybe $600.00 between them. I will reply your PM when I have the contact found. I left the name card somewhere.

My advice and IMHO - get 44MM and not smaller.

He should be referring to the weight of the watch. If you are worried about weight, the only option I could think of is getting the 351 but it is about $1K more than the 312 and brown dial.
        Hi bro,

Yes im comparing 312 and 392. Since mynwrist is only 6 inches, i thought maybe the 42mm and thinner base of the 392 will suit me more. Price difference only $150 though.

351 is nice but abit beyond budget for now.

Any reason why u recommend 312 instead of 392? Is it because a PAM is known more it's size and should be at least 44mm?

Will wait for ur PM

Comment

Maybe i see too much 447.

From what i see TS need something like, 312,351,359..
          Exactly, that's what I meant. By introducing a first time buyer of PAM too many models will only defeats the purpose of giving proper advice. Since he has already narrowed it to Automatic self-winding, it will be much easier to decide. It only come to size, case, dial colour and budget. I would advise him the 312 but final decision is his.

Originally posted by Donald83 View Post
          Hi bro,

Yes im comparing 312 and 392. Since mynwrist is only 6 inches, i thought maybe the 42mm and thinner base of the 392 will suit me more. Price difference only $150 though. 351 is nice but abit beyond budget for now.

Any reason why u recommend 312 instead of 392? Is it because a PAM is known more it's size and should be at least 44mm? Will wait for ur PM
          Bro;

Human wrist has a strange and unique shape. You wrist might be 6" but if the back is broad and the thickness is thin, then 44MM watch is recommended. However, if you have thick wrist and narrow back-of-the-wrist, then 42 would look nicer. Wearing a watch let alone an expensive watch is no right or no wrong. It comes down to personal preference. You can ask the whole horology world and you will received mixed answers. We can only give our opinion and advice.

Go to the store or the boutique. Try the watch on! Feel the weight! Look into the mirror! Take your time to decide as it will not be cheap and you will not have regrets after buying your dream watch. Don't rush!

I mentioned 44 MM watches because all my PAM are this size except for my wife's 48. Actually, choosing the watch is only the start of the itch, let me warn you that you might or probably be obsess with watch straps after you buy the watch. If you go to the watch forum from around the world and this forum, you will see the hundreds if not thousands of watch/straps combination to be had. Again, personal preference when comes to straps combination. Anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You get the watch first and we talk about straps next time.

I will be looking forward to seeing you make the purchase and hopefully, may I be the first to congratulate you on your first PAM.

Comment

Thanks for all ur valuable inputs

104 - 44mm
            164 - 44mm

Am revisiting the Luminor Base models above and understand these are all ETA movement. The sales assistant also told me ETA have longer heritage and more reliable as compared to Panerai's in-house movement.

So does it mean the case for ETA movements for 104, 164 are slimmer than the 1950 case (351, 312?)

Comment

Thanks for all ur valuable inputs

104 - 44mm
              164 - 44mm

Am revisiting the Luminor Base models above and understand these are all ETA movement. The sales assistant also told me ETA have longer heritage and more reliable as compared to Panerai's in-house movement.

So does it mean the case for ETA movements for 104, 164 are slimmer than the 1950 case (351, 312?)
              Donald83;

Yes, LUMINOR BASE models are about 8MM thinner than the MARINA 1950 models.

I understand your lack of understanding of this brand. Best is to add salt and vinegar to what the sales people tell you. Trust your own instinct. If you like the 392 and your heart, instead of your brain tell you so, buy it. I think, people in the forum are and will be as neutral as possible. I believe one's man's meat is another man's poison. Best to me will probably not be good enough for you or maybe too good.

ETA is SWATCH from Switzerland and ETA is the largest watch/movement company in our blue world. Of course they make good quality stuff. Brands like Cartier, Omega and once Rolex used their movement. However, Panerai movement, if I am not mistaken, the P.9000 series started sometime in 2012/2013 and it is so far so good and have lived up to it's specification if not better. To clear your doubts even more, what you are buying, a Panerai watch, will last you a lifetime.

My first PAM is the PAM00024 which was purchased back in January 2002. Actually, it is a gift from my wife-to-be then. We were in Europe and we had to buy something nice, right? Sadly, I only returned the favour late last year with the PAM00048. Anyway, 3 months ago in July, because of the lack of LUME and many scratches from wear and tear, I sent my 24 for a full overhaul. Changed the dial, done polishing, tuning/servicing of the movement and changed all the 3 hands. I have actually fell in love with this watch all over again, now this is nostalgic. At this moment, all my other PAMs' are being ignored and I have been wearing this 24 for 2 weeks non stop.

What I am trying to say is that you will and are buying a very good quality timepiece. You shouldn't worry and be sceptical about what movement is inside and what others tell you including me. You don't see people complaining, do you? If you are still unsure, then you should buy a Rolex instead.

Comment

Hi Bro Donald83,
                Panerai was and is heritage regardless movement mounting in the case. as we known Rolex was the first movement mounted on pam. ETA movements mounted most of the Panerai. some model like Radiomir 190 mounted by Jaeger Le Coultre, 8-Day power reserve ability.

If you like the 392 please go for it, because 392 just a sister to 312. My first pam was 312, it was a great timepiece ever.

Actually i love 000, 005, 111, 112, but ETA stopped me for owned it. after some time thought over, i go with in house 312. I gained few knowledge from kakis here, i go for more Klassic, I end up with 425. I sold all this pam for emergencies used. After sometimes back on my feet, I going for 233. P.5000 calibre come along and caught my attention. new era of 000, 005, 111, 112, with in house 8-Day power reserve ability. P.5000 calibre less complications 8 days in house movement, mean cheap when time for servicing. Might take longer time for servicing for this simple 8 days in house.

I can see you only love to get the pam with date and auto ability.
                Bro is your money, but I not giving up my advice. If you say go for ETA I say no, but now is the time to own this Klassic. simple as we can be for panerai, less complications as we can be for panerai. want to own 44mm with small wrist, go for new era with slimmer Klassic case. P.5000 560 can get brand new price of used 312. Buy one Rolex with date, Buy one PANERAI with Klassic collection.

My 312

My 425 47mm on my wife small wrist

last but not least. all pam is outstanding. because all pam look the same.

I love my 590 than my 233. I hope this help

Comment

Hi Bro Donald83,
                  Panerai was and is heritage regardless movement mounting in the case. as we known Rolex was the first movement mounted on pam. ETA movements mounted most of the Panerai. some model like Radiomir 190 mounted by Jaeger Le Coultre, 8-Day power reserve ability.

If you like the 392 please go for it, because 392 just a sister to 312. My first pam was 312, it was a great timepiece ever.

Actually i love 000, 005, 111, 112, but ETA stopped me for owned it. after some time thought over, i go with in house 312. I gained few knowledge from kakis here, i go for more Klassic, I end up with 425. I sold all this pam for emergencies used. After sometimes back on my feet, I going for 233. P.5000 calibre come along and caught my attention. new era of 000, 005, 111, 112, with in house 8-Day power reserve ability. P.5000 calibre less complications 8 days in house movement, mean cheap when time for servicing. Might take longer time for servicing for this simple 8 days in house.

I can see you only love to get the pam with date and auto ability.
                  Bro is your money, but I not giving up my advice. If you say go for ETA I say no, but now is the time to own this Klassic. simple as we can be for panerai, less complications as we can be for panerai. want to own 44mm with small wrist, go for new era with slimmer Klassic case. P.5000 560 can get brand new price of used 312. Buy one Rolex with date, Buy one PANERAI with Klassic collection.

My 312

My 425 47mm on my wife small wrist

last but not least. all pam is outstanding. because all pam look the same.

I love my 590 than my 233. I hope this help
                  Bro clocking, nice watches u have. But my very first criteria of a watch is that it must show me the date. If not i will not even consider it. I have bad memory and always forget what date is it and need to look at my watch.

Ur first paragraph sounded like ETA is all good and i need not care too much abt movement cos a Panerai is. Panerai, with good heritage etc.

But after that u talked abt not going for ETA. So im confused by what u said.

Comment

Bro clocking, nice watches u have. But my very first criteria of a watch is that it must show me the date. If not i will not even consider it. I have bad memory and always forget what date is it and need to look at my watch.

Ur first paragraph sounded like ETA is all good and i need not care too much abt movement cos a Panerai is. Panerai, with good heritage etc.

But after that u talked abt not going for ETA. So im confused by what u said.
                    Finally i agree with your thoughts.If you like the 392 please go for it, because 392 just a sister to 312. My first pam was 312, it was a great timepiece ever.

Eta only spacial take not burget

Comment

Tried the 392 (my right hand) and another 44mm model (as they do not have the 312) in stock.

The more i look at 392, the smaller i think it is as compared to the 44mm. Now my heart is swaying towards 312 (44mm size)

Comment

If the 312 sings out to your heart, go for it.

Comment

Bro, u can't go wrong with a 312 wan lah.

Comment

Exactly, that's what I meant. By introducing a first time buyer of PAM too many models will only defeats the purpose of giving proper advice. Since he has already narrowed it to Automatic self-winding, it will be much easier to decide. It only come to size, case, dial colour and budget. I would advise him the 312 but final decision is his.

Bro;

Human wrist has a strange and unique shape. You wrist might be 6" but if the back is broad and the thickness is thin, then 44MM watch is recommended. However, if you have thick wrist and narrow back-of-the-wrist, then 42 would look nicer. Wearing a watch let alone an expensive watch is no right or no wrong. It comes down to personal preference. You can ask the whole horology world and you will received mixed answers. We can only give our opinion and advice.

Go to the store or the boutique. Try the watch on! Feel the weight! Look into the mirror! Take your time to decide as it will not be cheap and you will not have regrets after buying your dream watch. Don't rush!

I mentioned 44 MM watches because all my PAM are this size except for my wife's 48. Actually, choosing the watch is only the start of the itch, let me warn you that you might or probably be obsess with watch straps after you buy the watch. If you go to the watch forum from around the world and this forum, you will see the hundreds if not thousands of watch/straps combination to be had. Again, personal preference when comes to straps combination. Anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You get the watch first and we talk about straps next time.

I will be looking forward to seeing you make the purchase and hopefully, may I be the first to congratulate you on your first PAM.

If I were you. I will GO FOR THE NEW P.1000 movement. New models, new in-house movements, 42mm and is thinner which means suitable for small wrist.

THE NEW P.1000 Panerai.

Also, Any P5000 models are also suitable for small wrist because it is thinner. I suggest Pam 510 or pam 590 IMHO.

Let us know which one you buy.

Comment

Tried the 392 (my right hand) and another 44mm model (as they do not have the 312) in stock.

The more i look at 392, the smaller i think it is as compared to the 44mm. Now my heart is swaying towards 312 (44mm size)
                              Bro:

I do not want to say it but no other words to say - "I told you, right!" IMHO, if your wrist is 6" and above, go for the 44 MM. No need to think liao. I must say, 351 on you also beli swee leh! If you can wait for the arrival of the 312 then wait otherwise you should consider this 351.

Comment

Have decided on 312 but no stocks at the moment. gotta wait 1 to 2 mths

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X