Sandwich or Sausage Dials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandwich or Sausage Dials?

What I would like to touch on is the PAM00562, a big 44 MM watch, in-house P5000 movement, all-titanium, water proof, 8-Days power reserve and Brown Tobacco dial. I have and own a 562. I absolutely like this watch very much. I think this 562 (and 560/561) is really base PAM with all the DNA there is. Simple, adequate and nice. 3, 6, 9 and 12 with the super luminova lume. What else can I ask for. Meanwhile,,,,,,,,

Sept 21, 2015. In an AD shop in Orchard Road, with a friend to buy a PAM. Friend of my was contemplating amongst 312, 510, 560 & 562, we kinda of noticed that the latest 562R circa 2015 is NOT sandwich dial but instead, Panerai made the latest, sausage dial. Man! It was a great setback for my friend cause he really like the PAMs' that are sandwich dials and the 562 used to be sandwich dial, who doesn't prefer sandwich over sausage? I wonder why Panerai changed it to sausage like the, for example, 24, zero and 48? Cost cutting maybe but I think Panerai has made a grave mistake. Quality wise, I am not sure which is better but aesthetically wise, the sandwich trumps the sausage by at least a mile.

Personal opinion, I'd go with sandwich dial. Simply because it brings more dimension to the dial.
    The Lannisters send their regards.

Comment

Agree on being personal taste. I have both but generally perfer sandwich which is quite unique feature of PAM

Comment

for me, it has to be sandwich dial. Distinct feature of Pam and IMO, it looks better and more sophisticated than sausage dial

Comment

Exactly, but why on earth did Panerai changed the 562 to sausage? I am bewildered and disappointed. I have seen the latest "R" watch and it does not look as good and the previous "Q" version.

Comment

i have sausage and sandwich dials but i wear the sandwich more often

Comment

Sausage dials

So from R series , are all of the panerai got sausage dials?
              I am looking at a pam564 but saw the q series and the sandwich dial is awesome. The r series sausage painted on dial is rather .... normal.

Comment

Originally posted by arch2magi View Post
                So from R series , are all of the panerai got sausage dials?
                I am looking at a pam564 but saw the q series and the sandwich dial is awesome. The r series sausage painted on dial is rather .... normal.
                And I am glad I got this

Comment

Sure it's the 562 u saw? On Panerai website the photo of 562 still showing as sandwich dial..

Comment

the new radiomir 610 with p5000 movt also sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by trd2970 View Post
                      Sure it's the 562 u saw? On Panerai website the photo of 562 still showing as sandwich dial..
                      Bro,

Yes, what I saw and held in my hand is the 562R. I have the same watch but Q series. How can I not know my own watch. And also yes, the official OP website is still displaying the sandwich dials on these models i.e. 510/560/562/564/595. I hope they don't change the 590 to sausage, it will be a design disaster then.

Comment

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
                        Bro,

Yes, what I saw and held in my hand is the 562R. I have the same watch but Q series. How can I not know my own watch. And also yes, the official OP website is still displaying the sandwich dials on these models i.e. 510/560/562/564/595. I hope they don't change the 590 to sausage, it will be a design disaster then.
                        Ic.. Strange to me. I'm just surprised Panerai didn't spin off another permutation of base PAM for 8 days with sausage dial without see-thru back, as what they always like to do.

Comment

Originally posted by trd2970 View Post
                          Ic.. Strange to me. I'm just surprised Panerai didn't spin off another permutation of base PAM for 8 days with sausage dial without see-thru back, as what they always like to do.
                          Actually, I am unsure about the 510R, 560R or the 590R. Let's not talk about the 595, it's gold so not many people will buy it. However, I can confirm that the 562R and the 564R are sausage dials because I personally saw the new 562 R series and a guy on another forum newly bought the 564R which is sausage. So, these two are confirm to be sausage.

That's what I am trying to say all this while with this thread. I wonder why they had to change a good, if not a great, thing. What a waste is in my humble opinion. Probably, it is cutting cost I would reckon.

Two months ago, on Sept 21, when accompanying my friend to purchase the watch, this was the moment that we discovered the differences between "Q" and "R". Even the salesperson was not aware of this. Anyway, my friend got the 312R.

Lastly, I hope Bro clocking's 590 is sandwich as based on his pictures, it is unclear to see sandwich or sausage.

Comment

My 590 not Sandwich looks Sausage

Comment

Originally posted by clocking View Post
                              My 590 not Sandwich looks Sausage
                              Oh! Liddat seem all 500's LUMINOR BASE series confirm sausage liao! To me, that is a great disappointment.

As for you, your 590 is very swee and as long as you 欢喜就好, 喜欢就好!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X