Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 390SE, 372 or 422??

Hi all,

I am currently thinking of getting my 1 and only pam and is having hard time deciding which to get...

Pam 390SE is it worth collecting? please help by giving me ans and reason...

Pam 372 is a very nice and huge watch but the plexi glass make me very worried tat the glass will be scratch...

Pam 422 is the one tat I really like but this model is not those worth collecting as it is not a SE...

any pam expert out there? pls help me with my enquiries...

thx & regards

plexi glass scratch is very easy to clean

Comment

Buy the one you like.
      FYI, se is not easy to find

Comment

Originally posted by Javier83 View Post
        Hi all,

I am currently thinking of getting my 1 and only pam and is having hard time deciding which to get...

Pam 390SE is it worth collecting? please help by giving me ans and reason...

Pam 372 is a very nice and huge watch but the plexi glass make me very worried tat the glass will be scratch...

Pam 422 is the one tat I really like but this model is not those worth collecting as it is not a SE...

any pam expert out there? pls help me with my enquiries...

thx & regards

Firstly, congrats in your upcoming Panerai...

Interesting list...not trying to be monotonous but really, buy what you like, not which one is worth collecting...what is worth to someone else might not be worth to you...and what's really worth, it is the one YOU chose...

From your points, I would say you have decided, 422...but you took a step back thinking that it is not SE...

Maybe 5 years back, when you talk about Panerai SE, it is really SE...and that is also because the models/choices are not as many as they are today...

But the Panerai today? The SEs? They have not been doing very well (apart from some of the most sought after SEs). You can search the market...

Pam 390 - one of the most affordable SE to date and quite a popular model among Panerai fans but prices varies as low as 8k to as high as high side 9k. Worth collecting? I doubt so but for daily wear, it sure is darn cool with the tobacco dial and golden hands...

Pam 372 - definitely the "ONE". Fans thanked Panerai for blessing them with this closest remake of the original 6152. So close until the glass is also made of plexi just like the original. Plexi does scratch easily but nothing a polish with Polywatch can't fix...and 372 also comes with one extra plexi...you can bring the extra plexi and Panerai will change for you free for the first change...subsequently, they charge a fee for installation and the plexi itself...

Pam 422 - one of the underdogs of the 47mm. It surely is a winner in its own rights. 47mm 1950 casing with sapphire crystal surely is ideal for daily wear together with the sub second hand at 9 o'clock and the power reserve indicator at the back gives it a cool touch...

They all have their points. Stop thinking about SEs, they are not what they were before. Buy what YOU like and will enjoy wearing it...

All the best...

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Thx for the professional advice bro Ryuden... I think my heart is going towards pam 422...

Comment

Go with what you really like, ie get the 422. Wear it and enjoy it every time.
            Forget about the SE, the LE etc. If you really view your purchase as an investment, then you probably should only consider the vintage pieces and even then, their prices have really shot up the last few years and it's anyone's guess how much more it will go up.
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

Agreed with the fellows here. When your watch is discontinued, it naturally turns into a limited and special edition. so worry too much but enjoy what you like.
              Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Originally posted by Javier83 View Post
                I think my heart is going towards pam 422...

Good choice...you will love it...

Dont forget to share some pics...

Cheers.

Comment

Buy the one u really like... Below pic is for you... :P

Comment

i also spend a long time deciding on 372 or 422 and i end up with 372 been a classic pam style~

Comment

Bro Ryuden summed it up nicely for you.

Nobody knows better than yourself on the buying considerations - preference, value etc. Don't be afraid of it getting scratched, it'll only add character & identity to the watch if you are keeping it for good. A vinatge is not a vinatge if it looks LNIB, at least to me.

SE these days are just a marketting gimmick. Every brand is doing it & not all SEs are worth buying, least collecting it.

One last advice would be to try the watch on your wrist if you can. Different watch fits differently on the wrist due to the case & size.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                        Bro Ryuden summed it up nicely for you.

Nobody knows better than yourself on the buying considerations - preference, value etc. Don't be afraid of it getting scratched, it'll only add character & identity to the watch if you are keeping it for good. A vinatge is not a vinatge if it looks LNIB, at least to me.

SE these days are just a marketting gimmick. Every brand is doing it & not all SEs are worth buying, least collecting it.

One last advice would be to try the watch on your wrist if you can. Different watch fits differently on the wrist due to the case & size.

Good luck

My Guru has spoken...

Hope all is well with you bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                          My Guru has spoken...

Hope all is well with you bro.
                          I'm well & kicking but I'm no Guru lah.

Thanks Bro. Hope you are well too

Comment

PAM virus spreading rapidly :-)

Comment

I was also lurking around for new pam but unlike u i currently own a 351.

I was really affixed on the 422 but 372 also shouted to me. As for 390, I never really considered it as it is just too similar to my 351.

I have not bought but tried 372 and 422 numerous times.. hahaha.. Always worried about the size.. might be psychological but I feel like it's really big on my wrist but whenever I see one on other ppl's wrists it looks damn nice...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X