Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying pre owned pam

hi guys,

any bros here buy pre owned pam from this forum or *** forum? do you guys go to richmont service centre to check or just buy ?

Richemont Service Centre - Don't think you can buy pre-own pieces from Richemont.
    I may be wrong but I think they also no longer offer authentication services.
    If you are buying from this forum, just get from the established vendors or grey dealers like Watch Arena.
    Have fun!
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      If you are buying from this forum, just get from the established vendors or grey dealers like Watch Arena.
      Have fun!
      You meant vendors and grey dealers only established. So members like me or others also super mod that already sold & traded, we are not established OIC so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by xundeadx View Post
        hi guys,

any bros here buy pre owned pam from this forum or *** forum? do you guys go to richmont service centre to check or just buy ?
        Bought Pams from this forum and others too...just buy the seller first if you are unsure...

Richemont don't sell watches and now they shift all the buying part to the boutique. Any servicing or purchasing of parts like straps and so on must now go through the boutique.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
        it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
        How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
        That's how winning is done.'

Comment

i don't mean to buy at richemont service centre, as in go there to check for authentication then buy or just buy blindly. thats my question.

Comment

If you are buying from this forum, just get from the established vendors or grey dealers.
            Have fun!

Originally posted by clocking View Post
            You meant vendors and grey dealers only established. So members like me or others also super mod that already sold & traded, we are not established OIC so sad.

I think what Bro Ender is trying to say is, maybe for a first time buyer who is not confident of dealing and purchasing from individuals like you, Bro Clocking, or me to go to the normal ADs or "established" or "known" grey dealers where there is a physical shop and known names/dealers to give buyer some sense of "security". I do know of a few who are like this.

Soon enough when they grow more into this hobby, they will turn out like us, buying and selling in forums. From individuals like us. Cause most "establish" vendors and grey dealers prices are still higher and some are tough to even offer a room for negotiation...

Cheers.

Comment

i don't mean to buy at richemont service centre, as in go there to check for authentication then buy or just buy blindly. thats my question.
              Previously yes you can go direct to Richemont to get your Pam authenticated but since they already moved to a more economical site than Kings Center, they don't entertain walk in anymore except for one of their brand , Baume & Mercier , maybe due to the fact Baume & Mercier does not have so called boutique.

For others, you have to go through one of their boutiques.

I am not sure about this but you can try the Panerai Ion boutique and check if they do authentication. Some say no , others say can. I never got any Pams authenticated before be it via Richemont or boutique so I can't help from that angle.

But, I did ever got one of the Pams I was selling authenticated as the buyer (first time buying Panerai) requested and we went to an independent watch shop.

Comment

can you recommend the watch shop?

Comment

hi guys,
                  Yes I bought new from grey dealers and used from normal SGRC members. Richmont service centre don't do authentication, at my time not anymore. That is @ way to do it for free with under warranty, they know this magic tricks well but they have no issues to assist you with happy request. For fast game can try like JW and many more shop doing it with payment, don't worries about the warranty will not avoid, aslong no part change and your voice tone down. Before members asking are you sure they will not know, yes because open and close caseback not like open @ sardine can, so don't be so silly.

So what happen if you going to get used pam no more warranty.

Blueprint 1:
                  Fast authentication can be done, just go ask around which shop doing it, set appointment if you need so, find out about the shop operating hour, ask the shop staff or owner name, introduce yourself, this way when visit the shop they know you well.

Blueprint 2:
                  Study more about the pam you looking for at least more than 3 model, for example you looking for 312 then 320 available with good deal, maybe you looking for 372 then you find 422 also sweet why not.

Blueprint 3:
                  Study more about the sellers, set for viewing with no obligation, upon meetup look at sellers behaviour, the quality of the set, quality of presentation is very important, sellers that know well about the watches they are selling or trade.

If from the shop, what's the point sending for authentication, they are established right.

From free land grey dealers, same lah as members here..

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                  I think what Bro Ender is trying to say is, maybe for a first time buyer who is not confident of dealing and purchasing from individuals like you, Bro Clocking, or me to go to the normal ADs or "established" or "known" grey dealers where there is a physical shop and known names/dealers to give buyer some sense of "security". I do know of a few who are like this.

Soon enough when they grow more into this hobby, they will turn out like us, buying and selling in forums. From individuals like us. Cause most "establish" vendors and grey dealers prices are still higher and some are tough to even offer a room for negotiation...

Cheers.
                  Fine cool if only this true from Ender..

Yes soon enough when they grow more into this hobby, touch can know man or women haha..

The problem about recommend the watch shop very big issues my friend. Say this shop good how about that shop, say that shop cheap how about this shop, recommend this shop that shop say I not fair, recommend this shop that shop don't gang me, aiya nang bu ti nang kui bo ti kui.
                  Last edited by clocking; 02-06-14, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I think the key word is 'established'. If you have a track record of honest and successful deals, whether you operate individually (eg KChen) or have an actual shop (eg Watch Arena), my advise to OP is that he can consider getting from them.

As for you - zero feedback, and I have never dealt with or even know you, so yeah, I will NOT consider you an established vendor. Do you really seriously expect ppl to consider you an established vendor, based on your present profile on Sg-Roc???!

As for "or others also super mod that already sold or traded..." - I really don't understand this statement....
                    ."

Comment

Cheers.
                      Thanks Ryuden but see my response to Clocking.
                      ."

Comment

I think the key word is 'established'. If you have a track record of honest and successful deals, whether you operate individually (eg KChen) or have an actual shop (eg Watch Arena), my advise to OP is that he can consider getting from them.

As for you - zero feedback, and I have never dealt with or even know you, so yeah, I will NOT consider you an established vendor. Do you really seriously expect ppl to consider you an established vendor, based on your present profile on Sg-Roc???!

As for "or others also super mod that already sold or traded..." - I really don't understand this statement....

Richemont Service Centre - Don't think you can buy pre-own pieces from Richemont.
                        I may be wrong but I think they also no longer offer authentication services.
                        Have fun!
                        What I meant yes I not established vendor, and also zero feedback. so I no right for my sales in this forum.

Nevermind Ender I not going to war because of this, I just felt sad your reply.

If you are buying from this forum, just get from the established vendors or grey dealers .

Happy buying with all sellers in this forum yeah members..

Comment

ok all cool. let's not get this too carried away. the brother is just asking for help.

The one I went to was JW Watch, look for John. Servicing and authentication, he is my go to guy. A very friendly guy who is also the owner. problem is,they are always busy and pack with customers and for repairs job,now have to queue and will take weeks if not months. but for simple authentication maybe couple of minutes if not an hour depending on the crowd and they only open shop on Tues,Thurs and Sat only.

Can also buy watches from his shop and prices quite attractive. If grey dealers, I always recommend Kenneth Chen or KChen.

hope this helps.

Comment

Just to add on to Bro Ryuden's comment...

John is definitely a friendly guy and nice to talk to...

Authentication can be done in about 10 to 30 mins depending on the crowd...

His servicing lead time now is about 3 to 4 months... actually i am fine with it cause i can wear other watches while waiting... somehow he gave me a sense of confidence and trustworthiness...

His shop is now open only on Thurs and Sat.... 2 days only...

ok all cool. let's not get this too carried away. the brother is just asking for help.

The one I went to was JW Watch, look for John. Servicing and authentication, he is my go to guy. A very friendly guy who is also the owner. problem is,they are always busy and pack with customers and for repairs job,now have to queue and will take weeks if not months. but for simple authentication maybe couple of minutes if not an hour depending on the crowd and they only open shop on Tues,Thurs and Sat only.

Can also buy watches from his shop and prices quite attractive. If grey dealers, I always recommend Kenneth Chen or KChen.

hope this helps.

Comment

sweet... jw it is then will arrange with the seller to go there. can pm me the price of the auth fee? thank you very much. PS: do i need to do advance booking?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X