Anyone Into Panerai OEM Straps use or not to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Into Panerai OEM Straps use or not to use

Many reasons why some pam owners used some not. One of the reason keeping it because for future value, some owners used don't really care about future value. Reason why not use maybe find it the oem straps not nice or attractive, some aftermarket straps similar to oem, like assolutamente and cheaper, some aftermarket straps don't have it similar. Example I like oem strap from 448 & 448 but I unable to look for aftermarket, even I can get price not that cheap. So why I want to pay aftermarket strap not that cheap, why not I just use the oem strap. Maybe looks cools with oem straps. Any of pam owners like to use oem staps, my favourite oem straps looks is from 372 & 448/449..

i keep the oem bcoz of 2 reasons.
    easier for resale pirposes and the original is not to my liking.
    so end up just keep seeing,keep liking,keep buying

Comment

The original straps are thinner and tapered most of the time. After market straps being thicker and non tapered makes the watch feel better balanced and look better on the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by riderxps View Post
        The original straps are thinner and tapered most of the time. After market straps being thicker and non tapered makes the watch feel better balanced and look better on the wrist.
        Yup, that's what I thought so as well. The OEM straps looks more refined, which I find is at odds with the Pam being marketed as a tough "military" or tool watch.

But I have to say that based on my limited experience, the PAM 389's OEM strap looks lovely! Distressed black, with numerous small cracks that show the brown underneath. I have the urge to take it out and use it!

Comment

Originally posted by riderxps View Post
          Same here.

Comment

Interestingly this topic is rarely discussed among serious Pam lovers...

It's like a cult...or something like a common understanding for Pam owners to automatically ditch their oem straps once they get hold of their Pams...(before Panerai produce the "newer" much thicker oems straps) and no doubt there are others who got into the strap game cause everyone is doing it.

Most will straight away baptized their Pam with their much preferred aftermarket.

Some have a pile of straps available even before actually buying their Pams!

And only a few "all oem accessories" owners stick with what comes along in their wooden box. Normally they are the ones that are comfortable with using the deployant buckle and thus only the oem straps can fit and also a few who wears nothing else than the oem rubber.

It's pretty mich changed now and we see certain oem straps are becoming a must have hot favorites like the MX strap with sewn in buckle , the JV , nubuck , assolutamente and also the newer vintage distressed leather and even the canvas...and now the ranger strap is getting a lot of fans cause it sort of patina as you wears it giving it a nice vintage touch.

That's the endless beauty of owning a Panerai...it's your Pam , it's your choice to put on which ever strap you have the liking for.

Strap on and enjoy.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
            it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
            How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
            That's how winning is done.'

Comment

I also believe that the huge aftermarket strap market as well as the easiness of swapping straps play a big part in "diluting" the necessity to wear the OEM straps.

No longer are we tied down to wearing what strap that comes with the Pam. The owner can pick and choose any strap to match his/her Panerai, giving his/her Pam a unique look to match the owner, so no 2 Pams are ever alike!

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                I also believe that the huge aftermarket strap market as well as the easiness of swapping straps play a big part in "diluting" the necessity to wear the OEM straps.

No longer are we tied down to wearing what strap that comes with the Pam. The owner can pick and choose any strap to match his/her Panerai, giving his/her Pam a unique look to match the owner, so no 2 Pams are ever alike!
                Well said. Able to customise your own strap is also the 'fun' part of owning a Pam..

Comment

Mostly pam owners keep the oem straps bcoz of resale purpose. Also the original straps are thinner and tapered most of the time. The huge aftermarket straps play a big part not necessity to wear the oem straps. OEM straps expensive, I agree but poor durability I can't comment at this moment. I do like aftermarket straps but I not kind of collecting fan one or two will do.

That is a few pam owners tempted to oem straps, like assolutamente the crocs and canvas. For me I tempted to 372 oem strap the ranger if I not wrong, nice vintage touch awesome texture but only available for 26/26mm not for my 312 24/22mm. I searching for 24/22mm aftermarket similar to oem ranger sadly not available, so I end up with aftermarket. Now I own 425, the oem strap assolutamente I not really like it, for assolutamente aftermarket no issue to get it, almost everywhere. I visited straps makers, if they able to do similar ranger strap from 449 oem strap, yes can but according to straps makers complicated job, not easy as it looks, cannot guarantee the copy 100% similar the most 80%, with handsome price at 250 to 300 for custom made. I can't look for ready aftermarket for this ranger, so I decided to paid slightly more $50 to $100, not that bad for oem.

This is 372 I tempted with the ranger strap.

This oem from 449 that I so tempted.

This is what happened to me now.

Am I Stupid Or What.

I am not the best pam lover but I trying my best.

Comment

Beautiful ranger strap!

I personally would go for something more distressed though but to each his/her own!

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                      Beautiful ranger strap!

I personally would go for something more distressed though but to each his/her own!
                      Yes Bro! for oem only the ranger nothing more. Anything more will be aftermarket more choice & varieties. The only difference about this ranger filling 100% original nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Not that I dun wear the oem straps. But 125/75 on the OEM is too big for my wrist because of the hole placement.. I dun have this problem with aftermarket maker.

Aftermarket more varieties to choose from rather than those awful and expensive cardboard OEM straps.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X