No announcement yet.

"Say Something"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SLC torpedo ridden by a crew of two, packed with up to 300kg of high explosive. SLC was mounted by its two brave crew members and guided towards its intended target, an enemy warship or cargo ship.

The first successful action took place on the night of 18th December 1941. Three SLC’s succeeded in entering the harbour of Alexandria, Egypt. Sinking the battleships HMS Valliant and Queen Elizabeth. The British Royal Navy, whilst not amused by their loss, were nevertheless sufficiently impressed by the means employed by the crafty Italians to initiate the development of their own human torpedoes.

The PIG & Italian Divers. Officially named the Siluro a Lenta Corsa (lit. slow running torpedo) or SLC it was quickly baptized the Maiale (pig) by its crews due to its poor handling qualities.

By the 1930s the workshops were making a range of wrist-worn instruments for frogmen; compasses, depth gauges. In 1935 Officine Panerai were commissioned by the Italian Navy to construct watches for use underwater, specifically ones that could be read underwater. After some initial prototypes Officine Panerai delivered it's first product diving watches in 1938. These were fitted with Rolex movements (and Rolex crowns and casebacks).

1936 Panerai Reference 2533 47mm First Prototype. Owned by Francesco Ferretti who is one of the most important vintage Panerai connoisseurs in the world. They are located in his museum located in his new showroom in Montecatini Terme, PT. This image shows one of the first Rolex made Panerai Reference 2533 prototype models..

Now that I know why most of ROLEX owners they honour PANERAI. From my point of view they know the history.. Sorry if I wrong I always do..

Comment

Nice research bro...

These human torpedoes are not only used by the Italians but also Britain , Argentina and Egypt (that's where the Egiziano which Panerai made for the Egyptian Frogmen came about)

These bravery act is well executed by non other than the Italian frogmen also known as the Decima Flottiglia MAS (Decima Flottiglia Mezzi d'Assalto, also known as La Decima or Xª MAS).

They have successfully sunk or damaged about 35 Allied ships from March 1941 to August 1943...

And because of their successful attacks...they are pretty well known...

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

The six italian were captured but they clearly shown the british the potential of the man torpedoes. The success of the italian human torpedoes. British wartime leader "Sir Winston churchill" demanded creation similar forces. "Chariot Midget Submarines"

This beauty special made for Egyptian Navy Commandos if i not wrong..1956 Panerai Reference 2/56 60mm Radiomir Panerai Dial Designation 8 Giorni Brevettato [8 Days Patented] 50 Examples Made for Egyptian Navy Commandos

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post

Comment

Just collected my Radiomir!... Pam 388... ... Not fully unwrapped yet...

[IMG][/IMG]

Poisoned by Bro Clocking's Radiomir...

But not as ex as Bro Clocking's...

Bring forward my purchase...

Now is strap hunting time...

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
            Pam 388... ...

WOW!!! Nice catch!!!

Radiomir getting much love lately all thanks to Clocking...

Congrats bro...wear in best of health...

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
            it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
            How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
            That's how winning is done.'

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Hahaha Congrats Congrats Bro!. Next stop busy shopping for straps kekeke..

Careful Bro when changing straps don't do often. For RADIOMIR no quick & easy changing straps but you may do so. For RADIOMIR 1940 no issues, changing straps like crazy hehe. Get the right strap, two power straps will do. Once in a while okey dokey lah, like once every month why not.. I have two Assolutamente, one I use, one just sold for my next OEM strap fund. I like the OEM strap from 449 look alike 372 OEM strap. In my opinion RADIOMIR looks nice with OEM 26/22 strap but not on croc or gator too loud. All this up to what you like..

MY next strap target, inspired by pam 372 & pam 449.. $360..

Comment

am in the hunt for an alternate strap too. was given a OEM black croc but am in 2 minds whether shd i use it or sell it to fund another strap.
                I don't need another watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Otar View Post
                  am in the hunt for an alternate strap too. was given a OEM black croc but am in 2 minds whether shd i use it or sell it to fund another strap.
                  If you like the OEM black croc use it, sell it to fund another straps also can. I already sharing my opinions, If you have Assolutamente OEM strap you like to keep for future value why not, anyway Assolutamente & black croc aftermarket can get easily but not raw calf leather from 449 OEM strap. That's why I sold one of my Assolutamente OEM strap to fund another OEM strap but not for keeping for using.

Comment

RADIOMIR very sweet DNA that's bring back history..
                    Let's not forget about the memory of First Panerai trademark, Half-Moon, the "Crown Guard". 1955 Panerai Reference 6152-1 47mm First Panerai with trademark Half-Moon Crown Guard. If you see the name it's RADIOMIR dial, Panerai created the new LUMINOR casing but Radiomir Dial Designation. They haven't created the new name and dial yet for the LUMINOR casing. So they used RADIOMIR dial back in those days. From time to time you can see LUMINOR the most popular panerai model, because of the outstanding trademark "Crown Guard". Even lady's also now go crazy to own panerai. I never say I don't like LUMINOR, I do owned LUMINOR Pam312 hehe..

Last edited by clocking; 14-02-14, 06:04 PM.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Bro, congrats. Enjoy your new purchase.
                      Wishlist:
                      Rolex Submariner Hulk 116610LV

Collection:
                      Officine Panerai PAM 372
                      Tag Heuer Link Calibre 5 Day-Date
                      CCCP 1973 Russian Mechanical Watch, Silver Dial, 36022/C197311
                      Aviator LEGEND/3105/6975645

Comment

Congrats on your new purchase!

Comment

Comment

BUMP!

Comment

Nice Pams.. Can't wait to get mine

Comment

Nice !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop