PAM 104 vs PAM 392 for Small Wrist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM 104 vs PAM 392 for Small Wrist?

Hi. I have a small wrist. For me, which would be better, a pam 104 which is 44mm but with luminor case ( thinner the 1950 ) or a pam 392 ( 42mm but 1950 case )? Does anyone have experience with both? Any pictures? Thanks

You got it right...

The Bettarini Luminor case is thinner then the 1950 case...Which means , even at 42mm , the 392 might look big on you as it will sit higher on your wrist then the 104...

Cant help you with any pictures...don't have any...

Best advise is to go down to the boutique and try it on and have a feel of which suits you best...

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

You might want to give 312 a try since you are looking for Automatic.

Like Ryuden mentioned, please go to the boutique and try it. You will be surprise with the results and might change your thought after wearing them.
      Wishlist:
      Rolex Submariner Hulk 116610LV

Collection:
      Officine Panerai PAM 372
      Tag Heuer Link Calibre 5 Day-Date
      CCCP 1973 Russian Mechanical Watch, Silver Dial, 36022/C197311
      Aviator LEGEND/3105/6975645

Comment

i also got a very small wrist,very ladylike fingers in fact.
        i am on 359, 44mm. same size as 312

Comment

@cccp6, isn't pam 104 an automatic also? My problem is that here in my countrt there aren't lots of panerai stores. So it would be hard. If i would buy one, i will have someone buy it for me there in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sub View Post
            @cccp6, isn't pam 104 an automatic also? My problem is that here in my countrt there aren't lots of panerai stores. So it would be hard. If i would buy one, i will have someone buy it for me there in Singapore
            @ Asian Sub, Pam 104 is a automatic but it is using 3rd party movement, not their own in-house. Panerai need to move away from 3rd party movement as it will not be available.

In the future, you will only see Panerai watches with their own in-house movement only.
            Wishlist:
            Rolex Submariner Hulk 116610LV

Collection:
            Officine Panerai PAM 372
            Tag Heuer Link Calibre 5 Day-Date
            CCCP 1973 Russian Mechanical Watch, Silver Dial, 36022/C197311
            Aviator LEGEND/3105/6975645

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sub View Post
              Hi. I have a small wrist. For me, which would be better, a pam 104 which is 44mm but with luminor case ( thinner the 1950 ) or a pam 392 ( 42mm but 1950 case )? Does anyone have experience with both? Any pictures? Thanks
              Hi Bro,

I have exactly the same issue. I've been looking for a watch that is casual enough to wear out but formal enough to carry off in business setting and panerai seems to fit the bill.

Like yours, i also have very small wrist which make the contemporary pam look bulky for me. In order to keep the 'ratio' in check, i try convincing myself to get smaller panerai like 40mm or 42mm. But whenever i went to the dealer or shop. they would always discourage me from getting panerai, because smaller panerai are not panerai anymore.

It was only yesterday someone made a brilliant recommendation; try getting a 'Historic' range of pam. As historic pams are using manual winding (non-automatic) movements, the lugs are thinner. Even though its a 44m watch, the overall feel is just right and the thickness is only abt 12mm compared to contemporary's 16mm.

Go try out the models to know to feel for yourself.

PM me if you are interested, i can share with you what i've learnt.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X