Dragon Panerai China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Panerai China

Was in Beijing, saw the dragon still displayed in boutique.

Still a hilarious piece to me. Up close, the engravings wasnt that fantastic.
    A watch that dont make sense wearing to me. It is more suited as pocket watch with a cover.

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Expensive in china.

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Panerai very likely did their research into consumer preference in the mainland and sell it only there. They like to flaunt their wealth and be ostentatious about it. Fit the purpose very well.
      Current babies:
      Sub 16610LN D series
      PAM 312 M series
      IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
      116613LB?
      a good White dial watch

Comment

nice

Comment

The cover looks fine in photo. But really inconvenient to open up the cover each time you want to check time. Panerai should use Pam 888 for the watch, instead of Pam 840.

Comment

Originally posted by kadios View Post
            Panerai very likely did their research into consumer preference in the mainland and sell it only there. They like to flaunt their wealth and be ostentatious about it. Fit the purpose very well.
            No need market research to tell a chinese dragon is likely to attract most interest in China than in other countries gua? As for the flaunting wealth, cannot one bamboo hits a whole boat of people lah...
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              No need market research to tell a chinese dragon is likely to attract most interest in China than in other countries gua? As for the flaunting wealth, cannot one bamboo hits a whole boat of people lah...
              Well, not too difficult to see why some big time brands are launching mini brands specifically in China. Even LV launched a "mini "brand only found in China. If you observe, you can notice the different designs they usually/generally buy compare to others. Take Indonsians for example, they tend to be subtle with their choice of designs that do not scream the brands, if you know what I mean..
              Current babies:
              Sub 16610LN D series
              PAM 312 M series

Wish list:
              116613LB?
              a good White dial watch

Comment

Originally posted by kadios View Post
                Well, not too difficult to see why some big time brands are launching mini brands specifically in China. Even LV launched a "mini "brand only found in China. If you observe, you can notice the different designs they usually/generally buy compare to others. Take Indonsians for example, they tend to be subtle with their choice of designs that do not scream the brands, if you know what I mean..
                So, in your opinion, are we Singaporean closer to the Chinese, or the Indonesian, in that aspect?
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                  The cover looks fine in photo. But really inconvenient to open up the cover each time you want to check time. Panerai should use Pam 888 for the watch, instead of Pam 840.
                  Actually the 8** model number is used for a very exclusive (i.e. low production number..in most cases only 30 or so) and relatively less famous "Sealand" series. It was initially made for the high end gun and rifle maker Purdey (also a company within the richmont stable). The Sealand models are designed as a "hunter" model (i.e. Big game hunters of the days gone by) hence its pocketwatch styling- engraving and the lid ( to ensure that the glare from the crystal on your watch doesn't "tip off" the animals that you are hunting them). There is also a signalling mirror on the reverse side of the lid- those days no phone etc..so in case you're lost you can use it to be seen from far)

Comment

Fantastic Zameen!
                    I own a Rolex !

Comment

Nice info, Zameenzahari! I wonder what we can hunt in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                        So, in your opinion, are we Singaporean closer to the Chinese, or the Indonesian, in that aspect?
                        Seriously, I have no idea. Maybe you can answer your own question. I'm Merely stating an observation. Till date, based on the countries you mentioned, big luxury brands only setting micro brands in China, where the big $ is. Say for eg. Few years back when Burberry launched their exclusive blue labels only in Japan, when it was in good times.
                        Current babies:
                        Sub 16610LN D series
                        PAM 312 M series

Wish list:
                        116613LB?
                        a good White dial watch

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse