No announcement yet.

recommend first panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it possible to overwind pam233? I went to OP Singapore at ION Orchard last time and the sales rep told me that not possible. I actually tested it there and able continue winding even after the watch showed fully powered.

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
      Would it possible to overwind pam233? I went to OP Singapore at ION Orchard last time and the sales rep told me that not possible. I actually tested it there and able continue winding even after the watch showed fully powered.
      That's good you wind until gila oso no issue, at least power reserve indicator help, oh full..

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
        I am responding to etoh's question between 510 and 388. The major difference is the casing. PAM 510 being Luminor is a good choice to start with. Then get a Radiomir later.

For your query on how to tell the 8 day power reserve is used up on PAM 510, I am not worried it being used up. I just wind it every week either Sunday or Monday. So no need to check power reserve. It is convenient. Of course, I won't deny that having a power indicator will be better. But PAM 510 with the 8-day power reserve is a still a great watch. I am sure other PAM510 owners will agree with me.
        Thank you bros for the advice. had gone ahead with the purchase of the 510. indeed, maybe will get the radiomir later as a second pam. anyway, now looking around for straps! haha.. any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by etoh View Post
          Thank you bros for the advice. had gone ahead with the purchase of the 510. indeed, maybe will get the radiomir later as a second pam. anyway, now looking around for straps! haha.. any suggestions?
          Sound good.... Now I finally understood, go for it...

Comment

Contact Jason from JNS Straps. He does good quality straps. You can google for his shop details.

Comment

I interested to get a PAM 088 but my friend advice me to avoid it cause can't hold the value well. Is it true?

Comment

Originally posted by clocking View Post
                Wanderlust sir.. Please don't get me wrong for my reply...
                Nothing against you hope I gain some knowledge from you...
                Just wind every week either Sunday or Monday, sound good but how can you tell full wind. Like 233 I make use the power reserve indicator guideline, like 3days 422 I know when to stop so I not overwind.. Any sir here may join point of view, how and what way, you full wind 510, without overwind and broken.... Agak agak, just wind until full and stop, wind feel tight and stop, or maybe like one 100 round wind and stop. coz we all know some bro experience overwind and broke, maybe 510 strong enough to do full wind no broken issue...

Nothing much just like to gain knowledge...
                No worries, Clocking.

It's easy to tell when to stop winding. Once you feel a strong resistance, the watch is fully winded. For PAM 510, it will take more than 100 turns. Handle your watch with love, it won't break it so easily, unless you are a Hercules!

It was the Radiomir that has a different feel when winding that caught me by surprise. The first time I wind the Radiomir, I did it slowly. When I felt the strong resistance, I know it is fully winded.

Comment

Etoh, so far my favorites are the straps from Panerai and Wotancraft. I have ordered a few from Gunny straps and will let you know if they are good. You can go to my flickr site to view some of my strap collection. -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgbrownbear/

Comment

No worries, Clocking.

It's easy to tell when to stop winding. Once you feel a strong resistance, the watch is fully winded. For PAM 510, it will take more than 100 turns. Handle your watch with love, it won't break it so easily, unless you are a Hercules!

It was the Radiomir that has a different feel when winding that caught me by surprise. The first time I wind the Radiomir, I did it slowly. When I felt the strong resistance, I know it is fully winded.
                    Oh alright, I understand now. Gain new knowledge.
                    Maybe I can consider getting wind Pam, wind slow am I right..

Comment

Etoh, so far my favorites are the straps from Panerai and Wotancraft. I have ordered a few from Gunny straps and will let you know if they are good. You can go to my flickr site to view some of my strap collection. -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgbrownbear/
                      You won't be disappointed.....Gunny's strap is one of my favourite!

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
                        Hello everyone ..... I was WRONG !!

I actually tested the winding on PAM270 and it's not possible to over wind a PAM 270. This is not the case for PAM 233. You will feel the stronger resistant when the watch is fully winded.

So, please don't wind until gila-gila ya .

Comment

Hello guys,

I'm super new to this forum
                          But super poisoned by all your lovely pics and straps!!

I used to diss Pam as a watch brand that is basically oversized and recycles their designs.
                          I even told my wife I would never get a Pam!!!
                          And yet.....

Anyway, long story short,
                          I would like to get a Pam but have a budget constraint as my new Rolex (116713LN) is arriving tomorrow.
                          My budget is not more than $7500.
                          I have a few criteria in mind - Sandwich dial, Luminor, Seconds hand, Date (actually date is not a must-have)
                          With that in mind, I spent many nights scouring the net and shortlisted a few models...

Would like your opinion on the watch itself and its associated price tag.

PAM359(M/N) $7200-7400 (PREOWNED)
                          PAM392 (P) $7400-7500 (NEW)
                          PAM048 (H/I) $6200-6800 (PREOWNED)
                          PAM104 (N) $6700-6800 (PREOWNED)
                          PAM104 (2006-7) $7000 (NOS)

I'm actually not too sure whether the prices are reasonable for the various series and models.
                          I mean, I did some basic cross-comparison across different websites, but I'm still a little stumped.
                          I would like to buy one after CNY actually, so if I know a good price range, I can keep a look-out during this period of time and go try on the models I'm keen on after CNY before making a decision.

Would really really appreciate some kind enlightenment.

P.S. I dont even know how to start a thread so i'm sorta hijacking this one....
                          Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong thread or forum section...

Comment

Good Rolex watch that you going to have. Congrats.

I would like to share my thought with you since i just bought my Pam 372.

1st thing 1st - You might want to look at Panerai history (1860) and take a look at their intial watch which was made. Hope you will not get bored. Please skip if you want.

PAM 104 & 048 are using 3rd party movement and sooner or later PAM 104 & PAM 048 will not exisit. There might be no serivcing available since Panerai are not using this 3rd party movement.

Based on your criteria, You might want to look at 312 (in-house movement), PAM 392 and PAM 359. Importantly you need to try it on.

OT abit, you might want to take a look at PAM 510, Historic Model (Manuel Wind last for 8 days, with Seconds hand, no date). Price is about 9.5K (quoted in early Jan 2014).
                            Wishlist:
                            Rolex Submariner Hulk 116610LV

Collection:
                            Officine Panerai PAM 372
                            Tag Heuer Link Calibre 5 Day-Date
                            CCCP 1973 Russian Mechanical Watch, Silver Dial, 36022/C197311
                            Aviator LEGEND/3105/6975645

Comment

104 is not SW dial bro..
                              in fact i was almost in the same situation as u are.
                              i shortlisted a few,must have for me is date,SW dial & seconds hand.
                              u can try 312,359,090 (this model has cyclop)

Comment

Originally posted by litost View Post
                                Hello guys,

I'm super new to this forum
                                But super poisoned by all your lovely pics and straps!!

I used to diss Pam as a watch brand that is basically oversized and recycles their designs.
                                I even told my wife I would never get a Pam!!!
                                And yet.....

Anyway, long story short,
                                I would like to get a Pam but have a budget constraint as my new Rolex (116713LN) is arriving tomorrow.
                                My budget is not more than $7500.
                                I have a few criteria in mind - Sandwich dial, Luminor, Seconds hand, Date (actually date is not a must-have)
                                With that in mind, I spent many nights scouring the net and shortlisted a few models...

Would like your opinion on the watch itself and its associated price tag.

PAM359(M/N) $7200-7400 (PREOWNED)
                                PAM392 (P) $7400-7500 (NEW)
                                PAM048 (H/I) $6200-6800 (PREOWNED)
                                PAM104 (N) $6700-6800 (PREOWNED)
                                PAM104 (2006-7) $7000 (NOS)

I'm actually not too sure whether the prices are reasonable for the various series and models.
                                I mean, I did some basic cross-comparison across different websites, but I'm still a little stumped.
                                I would like to buy one after CNY actually, so if I know a good price range, I can keep a look-out during this period of time and go try on the models I'm keen on after CNY before making a decision.

Would really really appreciate some kind enlightenment.

P.S. I dont even know how to start a thread so i'm sorta hijacking this one....
                                Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong thread or forum section...
                                I suggest you try them in the boutique to see which one you like. Then you hunt for the best price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X