Pam 00523

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam 00523

Folks! The 00523 will be launched this month and AD said they should be able to get it in by October. Following the 00441, I am thinking of getting this. Again, love the arabic numerals and since its a 42mm, my wifey can wear it too. What you folks think?

http://www.panerai.com/en/watch-coll...matic-pam00523

If I'm not wrong, the 00523 is the first white dial with in-house movement?

Comment

Nice, but, personally, I think that the dial is too busy with the markers, Arabic numbers, sub dial, date...

I don't think 2mm size difference will make a diff too.

Comment

scale-down 359 in white dial?

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
          Nice, but, personally, I think that the dial is too busy with the markers, Arabic numbers, sub dial, date...

I don't think 2mm size difference will make a diff too.
          I would prefer without dot markers, just the numerals but you can't have luminous numerals / markers on a white dial so the luminous dots are a necessity. I'm comparing my 00441 and Sinn U1 with my Breitling Superocean 42, I do see a difference between the 44mm and 42mm casings. Perhaps the size difference for the 00523 will not be so obvious with the crown guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike123 View Post
            scale-down 359 in white dial?
            I think this is a hybrid of 00113 and 00359, scaled down. The 00113 has the same dial design but without date in a 44mm Luminor casing. The sub dial is in the place of 9. The 00359 is in a 44mm 1950 casing. With date but sub dial is beside 9. So thw 00523 has a bit of everything, with in-house movement.

Comment

You don't think 42 is a bit small for Pam? 44 is normal size and now they are going for 47.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson88 View Post
                You don't think 42 is a bit small for Pam? 44 is normal size and now they are going for 47.
                I prefer to select the watch based on its aesthetics. Whether 42mm is a normal size or not doesn't matter to me. I don't have a large wrist, about 6 1/3 inches so both 42mm and 44mm seems ok.

Comment

Originally posted by gallardofever View Post
                  I would prefer without dot markers, just the numerals but you can't have luminous numerals / markers on a white dial so the luminous dots are a necessity. I'm comparing my 00441 and Sinn U1 with my Breitling Superocean 42, I do see a difference between the 44mm and 42mm casings. Perhaps the size difference for the 00523 will not be so obvious with the crown guard.
                  Ha! Now that you mentioned it, I noticed that the numerals are not luminous!

Well, whatever it is, if the Pam "speaks" to you & your wife, then go for it!

Comment

Ha! Now that you mentioned it, I noticed that the numerals are not luminous!

Well, whatever it is, if the Pam "speaks" to you & your wife, then go for it!
                    I would like a white dial with numerals, date and sub dial. Can do without the luminous markers. But I don't think Panerai will ever make one. Goes against tradition.

Wife is sitting on the fence. Trying to convince her to get the 00523. She's also looking at AP ROO White Steel. If she buys that then I cannot wear.

Comment

The AP ROO White Steel would look nice!

Haha, I know what you mean... Swayed my wife to get a 44mm Pam, using the "I can wear too!" excuse But of course, only if my wife likes it, if she doesn't, then no point getting it!

Would want my wife to have something that she REALLY likes, regardless of my preference!

Comment

Haha, I know what you mean... Swayed my wife to get a 44mm Pam, using the "I can wear too!" excuse But of course, only if my wife likes it, if she doesn't, then no point getting it!

Would want my wife to have something that she REALLY likes, regardless of my preference!
                        Yeah, but the AP can buy 2 00532. Oh well.... leave it to her.

Comment

Seems like she is leaning towards the AP now. In that case, I might get the 00359 as a 2nd Pam.

Comment

Just called ION. They have the 00523 already. Going down on Satuday to take a look!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X