Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting with a theme?

Hi folks!

Ever since I bought the 441, I have been thinking about subsequent watches to follow and I don't discount the possibility of starting a Panerai collection. However, I seemed to be only attracted to arabic numerals. That's why I got the 441. I was looking at the 359 prior to getting the 441 and am now back looking at it again. Then there are the 495, 496 and the new 523. Seems like I'm spoilt for choices. For those who collect watches, do you collect with a particular theme in mind or you like to have one of everything within the brand? Especially the iconic ones? I know this is highly subjective and personal but nonetheless, would like to hear from you!

I thought that collecting with a theme would help me decide better if there are too many to choose from.

@gallardofever:

Yes, I have thought of collecting with a theme, but there are just too variables from Panerai that it would give me a headache. The only criteria is that I must like the design before even thinking of adding to the collection.

So at the moment, my "collection" consists of:

1. 351: 44mm / 1950 Luminor case / Gold hands / tobacco dial / sandwich dial / seconds & date subdials / titanium / display caseback / inhouse movement
    2. 219: 44mm / Destro / Luminor case / black dial / sandwich / no sub dials / stainless steel / display caseback / ETA movement
    3. 389: 47mm / Submersible case / ceramic bezel / black & raised digit dial / seconds & date subdials / titanium / non-display caseback / inhouse movement

So I am missing the following:

1. Radiomir
    2. Blue hands
    3. Ceramic/gold casing
    4. Power Reserve
    5. Plexiglass crystal
    6. Painted dial

Not looking at GMT because I don't like the 3rd hand.

I HOPE I am not missing anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
      panerai like to modify a thing or two to one model and give that a new number
      so every year you will see new models, new 'Special' Editions, new 'Limited' Editions
      that is to ensure customers be constantly spoilt for choice
      I guess they are doing this to keep in line with the "traditional look" but at the same time, trying to be competitive in the market. Look at AP ROO and Hublot Big Bang. Same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
        @gallardofever:

Yes, I have thought of collecting with a theme, but there are just too variables from Panerai that it would give me a headache. The only criteria is that I must like the design before even thinking of adding to the collection.

1. 351: 44mm / 1950 Luminor case / Gold hands / tobacco dial / sandwich dial / seconds & date subdials / titanium / display caseback / inhouse movement
        2. 219: 44mm / Destro / Luminor case / black dial / sandwich / no sub dials / stainless steel / display caseback / ETA movement
        3. 389: 47mm / Submersible case / ceramic bezel / black & raised digit dial / seconds & date subdials / titanium / non-display caseback / inhouse movement

1. Radiomir
        2. Blue hands
        3. Ceramic/gold casing
        4. Power Reserve
        5. Plexiglass crystal
        6. Painted dial

I see. I was thinking that if I were to restrict myself to a particular design feature i.e. arabic numerals, that would filter down to a few. Less headache. I called ION to enquire about the 495 and 496 just. At $87k and $57k respectively, I don't think I am able to afford them at the moment. So it probably will come down to either the 359 or 523 should I decide to get a 2nd PAM.

Comment

Or maybe the Tuttonero

Comment

Yeah. Collecting with a theme is good. Now is a good time to catch on the 127, 217, 372, 368,.... 203, 267 (Ok don't beat me!)
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Forgot that I must have the 000!

Besides that, I would love a 127, 372 & 382...

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
                @gallardofever:

1. Radiomir
                2. Blue hands
                3. Ceramic/gold casing
                4. Power Reserve
                5. Plexiglass crystal
                6. Painted dial

Yes "Bronze Casing" 382 Bronzo

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X