Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my first entry level PAM.

Hi all,

I am looking to get my first PAM ! - ( looking @ PAM 164 for now as there's too many models).

Was never a leather strap person as I worried the straps will be coated with sweat smell due to my work.

Changing of straps would be fun I feel

Welcome to share all suggestions and introductions of models from all bros / sis / collectors here.

GMT Master ii TT swee !

I believe when you are looking for a Panerai, you should ask yourself the following:

1. Painted or sandwich dial
    2. Base (no complications, ie: seconds sub-dial and/or date)
    3. If with date, with or without cyclops
    4. Display or non-display caseback
    5. Size, 40/42/44/47mm
    6. Luminor, 1950 Luminor, Submersible, Radiomir
    7. Stainless steel, titanium, gold, rose-gold, etc

Good luck on the hunt for your 164 and beware of falling into the "trap" of strap collecting!

Comment

for mi, i start from e size then slowly cut down to e model

hapi huntin~

Comment

You can go for rubber straps as well, if you don't mind
        "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by azrielsc View Post
          I believe when you are looking for a Panerai, you should ask yourself the following:

1. Painted or sandwich dial
          2. Base (no complications, ie: seconds sub-dial and/or date)
          3. If with date, with or without cyclops
          4. Display or non-display caseback
          5. Size, 40/42/44/47mm
          6. Luminor, 1950 Luminor, Submersible, Radiomir
          7. Stainless steel, titanium, gold, rose-gold, etc

Good luck on the hunt for your 164 and beware of falling into the "trap" of strap collecting!
          Thank you so much for your great info.
          GMT Master ii TT swee !

Comment

My 1st and only Pam is Pam 299, bracelet type as I have same worries like your .. Sweat smell and I'm not a leather strap person

Comment

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
              My 1st and only Pam is Pam 299, bracelet type as I have same worries like your .. Sweat smell and I'm not a leather strap person
              I was told it won't really smell after all as Pam original strap is made to really withstand and suits all skin types with some special coating.
              GMT Master ii TT swee !

Comment

Originally posted by Shinova View Post
                I was told it won't really smell after all as Pam original strap is made to really withstand and suits all skin types with some special coating.
                that's a fallacy. all leather straps will smell and fall apart if exposed to perspiration for prolonged periods.

most pam owners change to after market straps.

you gotta have a budget in mind and zero in on the model with that budget in mind.

the popular entry level models are 000. 005 and 111. but these are hard to get brand new from AD's due to their popularity. Heard from a few AD's the supply each year for these models are dwindling.

the next step up might be those with the p9000 series movements. 312, 359, 320, 321.

These models have an idiot-proff strap changing system. takes less than 2 minutes to change a pair of straps.

IMHO, pam models on leather are more popular.
                I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Think the only leather that won't smell is ..... Your own skin loh other than that leather is still leather it will stink after some time

Originally posted by Shinova View Post

Comment

All leather straps will get smelly eventually, if enough sweat is absorbed in it
                    Only way to prevent this is regular cleaning and applying leather conditioner

Comment

I agree that all leather straps get smelly eventually.

You can minimize the way that skydweller_sg mentioned and/or you have a collection of straps that you can rotate!

Comment

Tomorrow I will drop by iOn boutique to try out some models - for now 164 is my choice / perhaps to really try out the rest of e models might be better.
                        GMT Master ii TT swee !

Comment

Good luck to you, I last tried a 164 at Sincere Taka outlet. If Ion don't have stock, can try Sincere.

Comment

While you're there, be sure to try either one of the following:
                            * PAM 000
                            * PAM 112

Both qualify as entry level PAMs. As you know, Luminors are famous for their clean signature 3-6-9-12 dial. Then again, these could always be your second PAM

Comment

Important thing is tonged something you like.
                              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X