How to get CSOC for Omega in S'pore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get CSOC for Omega in S'pore?

May I know how can I obtain a CSOC for a second hand Omega that I have bought?

Originally posted by MrAYeo View Post

Dear MrAYeo Bro...

C.O.S.C. stands for Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres. A chronometer is a high-precision watch capable of displaying the seconds and housing a movement that has been tested over several days, in different positions and at different temperatures, by an official neutral body (COSC). Each chronometer is unique, identified by a number engraved on its movement and a certification number given by the COSC. Each movement is individually tested for several consecutive days, in 5 positions and at 3 temperatures. Each movement is individually measured. Any watch with the denomination "chronometer" is provided with a certified movement.

Perhaps for a start, you can contact Omega Singapore to check with them if your watch model was C.O.S.C. Certified.

C.O.S.C. FAQs:

- Does any chronometer on the market have a COSC certificate ?

No. Documents issued by the COSC are optional. Only the manufacturers may decide whether they want to reveal or not the results gathered during the certification process of the movement by the COSC.

- Can a non-certified watch meet the precision criteria of a chronometer ?

No, as the components of a chronometer are of a better quality and the care granted to its assembly and its setting cannot be compared.

Hope these helped a little...
    you can read more about C.O.S.C. from http://www.cosc.ch/portrait.php?lang=en
    [U] [/U]

[COLOR="Blue"]4000ft = 1220m[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/meyersound/moi-SD.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by MrAYeo View Post
      1. Check whether this is COSC certified?
      2. The watch not more than 3 yrs old
      3. Email to: aftersales@omega.ch or maria.mastrodonato@omega.ch attached with image of watch, warranty card, serial no
      4. Write in your mailing address

I hv bought one pre-owned from forumer and it took apprx 2 weeks to get the cert.

Comment

Originally posted by bood123 View Post
        3. Email to: aftersales@omega.ch or maria.mastrodonato@omega.ch attached with image of watch, warranty card, serial no

I hv bought one pre-owned from forumer and it took apprx 2 weeks to get the cert.
        btw it's not free hor. i wrote to a lady (forget the name liao) she replied that each cert would cost 50swiss francs or something.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by bood123 View Post

Hi, so may I know how do I pay for the cert? I'm trying to get one for my PO.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
            btw it's not free hor. i wrote to a lady (forget the name liao) she replied that each cert would cost 50swiss francs or something.
            That's strange... I got it free for my PO Chrono... I emailed them in June this year I think.

Comment

i got mine for free in 2006. only needed scan of warranty card and mailing address then. maybe too many requests recently so they now need to charge.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X