Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time omega watch buyer. need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by addthewin View Post
    *sigh... i dun have money for IWC, ROLEX T_T *
    you can buy a datejust for between $1.4k - $2.9k. well within your budget.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

but i wan sth new.. btw.. rolex so cheap?

Comment

For old models and much older (ROLEX) watches . Go with your heart. No watch is lousy/bad, unless of course it is fake/replicated. May be Omega or Tag Heuer, ROLEX or even Seiko, Citizen, whatever, as long as it is your money that you are spending legitimately, any watch that you are going to buy, and since it is going to be your first luxury watch, you will cherish it in a long time.

We will be happy for you!
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hmmm.. i've given away hope for omega.. i reazlied it was too expensive. I'm also quite paranoid not willing to give 2nd hand a try.
          I've fallen for a more $$$ friendly watch. Tag Heuer Or Hamilton.
          If i got myself an automatic Tag? Where should i get it for a good discount? how many % should they give?

Comment

I think for BNIB can try Tudor....i think can find within your budget...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If you are not keen on a pre-owned Omega, I would suggest a JDM (Japan Domestic Market) Seiko such as the Sumo (SBDC001 for black dial), Fieldmaster (SBDC011) and any watches with the 6R15 movement. These are very well made watches at a fraction of the prices of the Rolexes and Omegas by a well reputed and well regarded watch making company (Seiko is one of the very few watch-makers that produces 100% of their watches with inhouse movement ).

If interested, google seiya store

Comment

hmmm.. i've given away hope for omega.. i reazlied it was too expensive. I'm also quite paranoid not willing to give 2nd hand a try.
                If i got myself an automatic Tag? Where should i get it for a good discount? how many % should they give?
                For TH watches, the usual discount at the local boutiques was 20%. I'm not sure if it is the same now. Some other retailers like the Hour Glass, Sincere, Cortina, Watches of Switzerland, etc, may be able to give up to 25% discount. Even better, if you know anyone who works in LVMH (TH's distributor) because staff discount is even higher.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

icic.. will check it out on the the first week of GSS.. hands a bit itchy now though.. although can't really find the average price of a tag watch..

Comment

OK now that the following criteria have been established it should be easier for you to identify your desired time piece.
                    1. Budget is under 3k
                    2.Watch must be new
                    3. Watch must be automatic

Maybe you could research further and establish what complications/properties you want in your watch? Do you want a watch with date function? With chronograph? A divers watch with a certain amount of water resistance?

I would avoid narrowing your choices down to Tag and Hamilton and look beyond to brands like Ball watch and Sinn for bang for buck value.

But if are only going to only consider Tag and Hamilton, I would suggest the following:
                    1. Tag Aquaracer Auto Chrono (Cal 16)
                    2. Hamilton Khaki King Chrono

Both utilise the ubiquitous Val 7750 movement which is robust and reliable. The watches come with date and chronograph function. Hope this helps!

My Tumblr
                    -------------------
                    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

save your money now and buy a BNIB/NIB rolex from a gray dealer at a substantial discount over AD...

don't go down the tag heuer route. i think tags are 20% discount unless you have a good relationship with the shop.

btw, what are you paranoid about regarding pre-owned rolex watches? maybe the guys here can help allay any concerns you will/may have.
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Have old birdy! Ok.. I shall just buy tissot or halmilton.. Hahas after ORD buy rolex sub something the black black 1.. quite nice! Now buy heart ache.. No chance wear.. Old birdy i need to learn the language of watch man..

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                          Datejust for $1.4k!!! Bros, any to sell me or links for that price level...hunting high n low...also can't find that price level lei...care to help me grow my vintage collection? Cheers n thanks much!!! ;-)
                          My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                          Rolex DateJust 16233,
                          Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                          Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                          Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                          Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                          Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                          Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                          Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                          Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Originally posted by larry88
                            Oh No!!! No offence, I rather you go back to buying a pre-own Omega. At least you can still sell it later, if you want to. With the TH and H, be prepared to write it off completely.

If you want Omega - try Heirloomgallery
                            Pardon me for being biased, I don't think both of them are worth the buy which I agree with Bro Larry88, prepared to write them off completely. Like some of the bros here, I learnt the "lesson" the hard way, which I own some THs and if I have the choice again, I will get Rolex or Pam instead. And besides, after you have really ORD or completed the reservist, you will get yourself a Hamilton watch if our army din change our "farewell gift". :P

Having said that, go with your heart, get the watch you really like.

P.S. By the way, get a battery replacement for TH quartz is not "cheap".

Comment

Anyone got 'lobang' to get this SEAMASTER
                              PLANET OCEAN BIG SIZE 232.30.46.21.01.001 at a good price?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                                Agreed fully! Nice vintage one...or updated model...search around for good deal since time is on your side...;-)
                                My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
                                Rolex DateJust 16233,
                                Rolex Submariner 16613LN
                                Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
                                Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
                                Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
                                Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
                                Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
                                Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
                                Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X