Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omega Constellation Quartz movement- Worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Constellation Quartz movement- Worth getting?

Was at Sincere watch looking at Omega Constellation and was surprised that it is running on quartz movement. I do like the design but just feel that getting a quartz at that price is simply kinda crazy. Can all the seniors give me your feedback or recommendations on this watch or other brands/models which I should consider? Thank you.

Wind it up and let the good time follows

Worth getting, is if you like the watch very much. Otherwise, no. But you did not tell us the price?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The omega constellation is always a very nice watch. You can't go wrong with it. Love the design, dial and the bling!

Quartz allows the watch to be nice and slim too. But I wouldn't worry too much about whether its quartz. In fact its more convenient then mechanical wind. Unless she wears it everyday/every other day, automatic movement will require a winder. Further the brand had already considered the type of movement when deciding their SRP.

Besides, Patek's Twenty-four, some of the ladies aquanaut and nautilius are quartz. The the prices start at 16K...

If you want to consider something else... Rolex!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Worth getting, is if you like the watch very much. Otherwise, no. But you did not tell us the price?
        Hi Oceanklassik, getting something for my missus and I do like the watch. I won't say very much as I have never had an Omega experience. It does look modern and I am still contemplating between Omega or Rolex. The constellation RRP is at 8k plus with 5% discount. Thank you for your input.

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
        The omega constellation is always a very nice watch. You can't go wrong with it. Love the design, dial and the bling!

Quartz allows the watch to be nice and slim too. But I wouldn't worry too much about whether its quartz. In fact its more convenient then mechanical wind. Unless she wears it everyday/every other day, automatic movement will require a winder. Further the brand had already considered the type of movement when deciding their SRP.

Besides, Patek's Twenty-four, some of the ladies aquanaut and nautilius are quartz. The the prices start at 16K...

If you want to consider something else... Rolex!!!
        Thank you TheKing! Didn't know that quartz movement is commonly found in ladies watches. I only know the older Rolex quartz model and wanted to get her that. I wanted to get a dial with some diamonds on it but didnt' want the classic Rolex designs. Will scan through the latest lineup then decide. You have assured me that quartz movement ain't that bad after all. Thank you!

Comment

Omega quartz

Hi, sorry but i beg to differ and that simply because of experience. My wife owns an Omega constellation quartz as well and so far, it has broken down twice. The first time it broke down, she sent it in to SWATCH group and had to pay more than $400++ (i think) because the battery died and leaked and so had to change some parts. Just recently, the watch died again and she brought it to a local watch shop think it was just the battery but the man told her that it's the quartz movement that is dead and needs replacement. Watch is still lying around. Seriously, if possible, get a automatic watch. A quartz watch, especially if you are paying more than 1K for it is not worth it as battery leaks are very common and repair cost is hefty. Not to say auto watches are cheap to repair but at lease you don;t have a leakage problem.

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
            Hi, sorry but i beg to differ and that simply because of experience. My wife owns an Omega constellation quartz as well and so far, it has broken down twice. The first time it broke down, she sent it in to SWATCH group and had to pay more than $400++ (i think) because the battery died and leaked and so had to change some parts. Just recently, the watch died again and she brought it to a local watch shop think it was just the battery but the man told her that it's the quartz movement that is dead and needs replacement. Watch is still lying around. Seriously, if possible, get a automatic watch. A quartz watch, especially if you are paying more than 1K for it is not worth it as battery leaks are very common and repair cost is hefty. Not to say auto watches are cheap to repair but at lease you don;t have a leakage problem.
            Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it. Hope your wife's constellation can be fixed at a good price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X