Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing cost at Omega agent?

Dear Bro,

Just wanna check how much does it cost to get a Omega speedmaster chronograph service at the official agent at wheelock place? I mean those cleaning and oiling servicing after 5-6 years of usage. Thanks.

Hi bro,
    2 mths ago brought my wife's 2006 Speedmaster for servicing (Wheelock place), as the watch stopped functioning. Was informed that the watch needed to be "overhauled" and it took 3 months. Cost was about $770. pink leather strap another $300.
    Rolex GMTIIc 116713LN V-series
    Franck Muller Color Dreams
    TAG Heuer Series 2000 Exclusive
    Seiko Alarm World Time 5T52
    Seiko Titanium Alarm Chronograph 7T32
    Casio G-Shock
    Citizen Eco Drive Titanium
    Carven Neptune
    Ellesse Sport
    Citizen Manual Winding

Comment

Bro,

Thanks for the reply.. Seems like chronograph servicing are not that cheap either.. Outside service a chrono also cost around $400 excluding parts.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
        Bro,

Thanks for the reply.. Seems like chronograph servicing are not that cheap either.. Outside service a chrono also cost around $400 excluding parts.
        Yes the most complicated the movement the more expensive. Of course the brand does matter as well, meaning similar movement used in different brand of watches may not have the same servicing cost.

If you can get the speedmaster cal 1861 overhauled by a reliable preowned watch dealer at $400, I would say it's a good price. Note that some auto speedmasters are using ETA based movement while some are co-axial's, so you need to compare apple with apple when comapring the servicing cost.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Dear Bro,

Just wanna check how much does it cost to get a Omega speedmaster chronograph service at the official agent at wheelock place? I mean those cleaning and oiling servicing after 5-6 years of usage. Thanks.
          Hmm I recently serviced a 10+ years old Speedmaster Date with the 1152 movement, on my invoice, the total cost was 900$+, like 770 for the servicing of the movement/polishing etc and 200+ to replace the crystal.

Think the standard charge for an Omega chrono is 770$ abouts, but what they usually do after you have "checked" the watch in or in my case, was that they called to confirm the total charges after their techs had a look at my watch.
          My Tumblr
          -------------------
          http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

OT abit, is warranty valid without receipt?
            ppl purchase from grey market gt receipt?
            2nd market got receipt?
            staff purchase...?

Comment

Wow lau..Seems like if never use chronograph functions then dun backside itchy go buy a chrono watch..Else must pay extra for servicing..

Comment

Wow lau..Seems like if never use chronograph functions then dun backside itchy go buy a chrono watch..Else must pay extra for servicing..
                too true leslie! For me, the only time i use my chronograph function ever, is during gym when i use it to time 1min intervals btw my sets lol
                My Tumblr
                -------------------
                http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
                  too true leslie! For me, the only time i use my chronograph function ever, is during gym when i use it to time 1min intervals btw my sets lol
                  Bro,

I also never use the chronograph functions before on my sinn 356 before..I thought it was cool to own a chronograph althought I am quite sure that I won't be using those functions..After buying, I asked around about the servicing charges for chronograph and leegretted..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X