Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glashutte Original - Perpetual Calendar Pilot's Watch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glashutte Original - Perpetual Calendar Pilot's Watch!

Ready for a Long Flight ?

Just in time for Baselworld 2009, Glashütte Original presents the next model in its successful line of pilot’s watches: the Senator Navigator Perpetual Calendar. This high-flying timepiece soars with a robust 44 mm stainless steel case in typical pilot’s watch look, sporting a traditional matt black dial with large Arabic numerals and line markers for the minute and second displays as well as blued hour and minute hands. The added perpetual calendar functions have been seamlessly integrated into the dynamic design of this efficient timepiece.

The disks for both day and month and the typical Glashütte panorama date are displayed in white on a black background resulting in a visually clear and balanced dial. Nothing gets in the way of the dial’s legibility at night either; the hour numerals, and the blued hour, minute, and second hands are inlaid with the luminescent material SuperLumiNova. The Double G logo guarantees a counterbalance on the tip of the second hand.

In order to do justice to the dynamic character of the timepiece, designers at Glashütte Original decided to create a leap year display using a hand at 12 o’clock: when it points to the red L, it is currently a leap year. In addition to a perfectly legible dial, rate precision is vital in a pilot’s watch. Inside the Senator Navigator Perpetual Calendar, automatic manufacture Caliber 100-07 guarantees this precision.

Automatic manufacture Caliber 100-07 commands a power reserve of more than 55 hours (+/- 10%) and sports a reset mechanism that allows for easy synchronization of the second hand with a time standard. Unlike other reset mechanisms, the second hand here is neither connected to the winding stem nor the crown. As a result, when the crown is pulled out the balance remains in oscillation and the movement continues to run, significantly reducing material stress. The reset mechanism is activated by pressing a separate button on the side of the case at 8 o’clock.

A soft, used-look calfskin strap with stainless steel buckle provides the perfect finish to the pilot look of the Senator Navigator Perpetual Calendar.
    Glashütte Original represents a living, authentic manufactory, high exclusivity, traditional watchmaking since 1845, exclusive mechanical masterpieces, and “Handmade in Germany.”

*In the dark shot showcasing the Lumi.

she's BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Very nice

Any idea what kind of price range we are looking at?
      My Small Collection :
      GMT II 16710 Coke U series
      JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
      Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
      Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
      Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
      PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
      BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

The SGP RRP will be an estimated S$35k++

Comment

wow...superb detailing on the dial...look real nice piece...well..time to scrimp on meals and outings and stay at home to munch bread for the next 10yrs...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

it is abit hard to compare with senator navigator perpetual calendar and senator perpetual calendar. the former gives me a more sporty look look while the latter gives a more dressy look

comparing between senator navigator edition against senator edition, one major thing i like is the telling of leap year. at least now u can see 1,2,3,4. previously you can only tell by the color dot. how many of us can remember which color correspond to which +1 , +2, +3 after the leap year.

another significance difference is the case diameter growing from 38 to 44mm. not sure if it is due to the difference in calibre. the brushed steel finished is something i like as well compared to polished steel.

also to note is the hands, more contrasting color edge from silver to blue. the shape of hands has changed from slim classic to bold 'star-shaped'

i prefer the sunburst dial compared to the black dial. not sure if it is inline with this season's 'stealth' look. more elegant as to now it is more sporty.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
              The SGP RRP will be an estimated S$35k++
              holy moly feilong look at the price tag! sure you turn into 瘦龙 from 肥龙..

Comment

yo..yo...yo...my nick translated to 'flying dragon'....not fat dragon lar....aiyo....

Comment

i tink i ought to turn veggie..better...i suppose the veg are cheaper than meats...hahaha

Comment

the senator perpetual was listed @ about 30+k also. so at least the price jump is also comparable to that of old 16710 and 116710.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Wow.. thanks for sharing, very stunning pictures! e price also stunning.
                      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                        holy moly feilong look at the price tag! sure you turn into 瘦龙 from 肥龙..
                        gd 1 man!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

even after discount.....

List Price of S$35k....even if lucky enough to get a 30% discount( IF we can get 30% discount ), we are still looking at S$24.5k.......but...if the coming THG or Dickson sales offer 50%.....hmmm....
                          My Small Collection :

Look Look See See for :

Comment

not likely.....even with the senator series, they had one going max @ 40% for previous generation.

Originally posted by rh1667 View Post
                            List Price of S$35k....even if lucky enough to get a 30% discount( IF we can get 30% discount ), we are still looking at S$24.5k.......but...if the coming THG or Dickson sales offer 50%.....hmmm....

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

40% max so far

OK, Thanks Bro Triton,

Guess need longer time to save up for this beauty then..
                              My Small Collection :

Look Look See See for :

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X